Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

BH Models T-28 Trojan ARF Available

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

BH Models T-28 Trojan ARF Available

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:21 AM
AncientCityFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BH Models T-28 Trojan ARF Available

Just a heads up......Hobby People just received their back ordered shipment of the BH Models .60 size T-28 Trojan ARF. $149.99 plus free shipping. I believe there was a write-up in the Dec. 07 issue of Model Airplane News about the T-28. Sounded pretty good, so I ordered mine yesterday.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Warbird Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BH Models T-28 Trojan ARF Available

Hello AncientCityFlyer. You will absolutely love the plane. It is by far one the best inexpensive planes I have bought. Just FYI, go ahead and buy some blind nuts for the engine mount. They have wood screws in the package for it. They should beat the guy who thought that would be sufficient. Anyway, you will enjoy the plane. Also, I would consider the pitts muffler it is outstanding. Here is a link to the thread in here about the T-28 [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7580738/tm.htm[/link] There are some things that we all changed and ideas we did to our planes.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 AM
AncientCityFlyer

hdwideglide03 Thanks for the link to the T-28 build thread. The build threads always are a great help......many different minds coming up with ways to improve their planes or ease construction. I've got a G.P. P6-E ARF and the build thread on it saved me hours work and probably saved the airplanes from structural failure, due to a problem with the cabane attachment screws. Looking forward to getting the T-28 in the air a.s.a.p. Thanks again, ACF
Old 10-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Warbird Joe

No problem at all ACF. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I will be glad to help you out. You are going oto love this plane.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

Okay, I'm in with the T-28. You guys suckered me in on this one and I'm holding HDwideglide responsible. I've been following the build thread ever since day one. Placed the order today. Shortly afterwards the wife sent me an email asking, "what did you buy from hobbyshack"? Ahhh gezzzzz. Wideglide, I'm blaming for you the purchase.

I'm thinking mine's getting a Mag .91RFS.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Warbird Joe

ORIGINAL: cruzomatic

Okay, I'm in with the T-28. You guys suckered me in on this one and I'm holding HDwideglide responsible. I've been following the build thread ever since day one. Placed the order today. Shortly afterwards the wife sent me an email asking, "what did you buy from hobbyshack"? Ahhh gezzzzz. Wideglide, I'm blaming for you the purchase.

I'm thinking mine's getting a Mag .91RFS.

LOL no problem. I will take the blame. The butt chewing is well worht it [sm=lol.gif] It is an outstanding plane. Also I would highly recommend the Pitts muffler so you don't have to cut the cowling up very much at all. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me I will be glad to help you out.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:04 PM
AncientCityFlyer

Wideglide; I should be getting my T-28 on Mon or Tues. Been looking through the build thread and I think I'm going to go with a new Saito 82 I've got just waiting for a ride. Sounds like a .90 4 stroke is overpowered, not that I'm against "More Power", but I think the .82 should work fine. Plus I'm planning on using a short 90 degree exhaust elbow to turn the muffler down and out the bottom of the cowling with extra open area to allow for plenty of cooling. The less the cowl gets carved up the better it looks. Also, just a note for anyone reading this thread......Hobby-People has the T-28 ON SALE for $139.99 WOW!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:10 AM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

Yeah, 139.99, that's what I paid.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Warbird Joe

ORIGINAL: AncientCityFlyer

The less the cowl gets carved up the better it looks.
I agree with you a 110% I really like the fact that I used a Pitts and only had to cut a hole on the bottom instead of the side of the fuselage. It looks soooooooooo much better than a hacked up fuselage just for a huge muffler.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Clay Walters

Placed my order last Monday. Received last Saturday!

Fastest service I've ever received,

Clay
Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Warbird Joe

ORIGINAL: Clay Walters

Placed my order last Monday. Received last Saturday!

Fastest service I've ever received,

Clay

Hello Clay. I was very pleased with Hobby People. The customer service was outstanding and they delivered my products very quickly. I am a definite return customer with the company. I just hope Black Horse comes out with more planes. I am thinking the B-25 next but the wingspan is kind of small.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:01 PM
AncientCityFlyer

Wideglide; Well I received my T-28 on Friday. Arrived in perfect condition. Finished it on Monday night. I did something a little different....as I mentioned I was putting a Saito 82 in, I decided to install it inverted with a remote glo plug. Didn't have to cut any cowling for the cylinder head. However I did open the bottom of the cowl near the firewall for cooling. Hope to maiden it on Friday morning. Supposed have 2-3 mph winds and temps in the lower 60s and clear, should be an ideal day to fly. We'll see.

This was one the best built arfs I've run across. I really like the belly pan over the bottom of the wing, really cleans up the look and the pushrod exit covers were a nice touch. All-in-all a great arf.

Gentle Breezes Mike (ACF)
Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Warbird Joe

ORIGINAL: AncientCityFlyer

Wideglide; Well I received my T-28 on Friday. Arrived in perfect condition. Finished it on Monday night. I did something a little different....as I mentioned I was putting a Saito 82 in, I decided to install it inverted with a remote glo plug. Didn't have to cut any cowling for the cylinder head. However I did open the bottom of the cowl near the firewall for cooling. Hope to maiden it on Friday morning. Supposed have 2-3 mph winds and temps in the lower 60s and clear, should be an ideal day to fly. We'll see.

This was one the best built arfs I've run across. I really like the belly pan over the bottom of the wing, really cleans up the look and the pushrod exit covers were a nice touch. All-in-all a great arf.

Gentle Breezes Mike (ACF)

I couldn't agree with you more ACF. This plane is awesome. The plane is suprising light too for how big it is.