Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Top Flite AT6 ARF

Sonny and Tony,

Great! I have the P-51 too waiting in line for assembly Sounds like I'm in good company.

Carl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cfossa

Sonny and Tony,

Great! I have the P-51 too waiting in line for assembly Sounds like I'm in good company.

Carl
    Carl,
    If you read back in this thread, you will see where alot of people had problem with the landing gear ripping out on landing, no matter how good the landing was. One guy in this thread came out with a set of gear boxes that was a big help with this problem. His name is TomTreese. Send him a PM to see if he is still making these boxes. I have a set in my AT6 with over 100 landing!!! I think his price is $30.00 for a set. You will be happy with these boxes. If you need any help, just post!!!
    HAve fun with the build!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, the retarct boxes are still available and the fit all three Top Flite Warbirds. The AT-6, P-51 and P-47, although the AT-6 seem to have the most need due to the forward rake springy gear.

They are $36.00 including shipping and instructions. Just email or PM me and we can set up payment and shipping. I take PayPal or MO.

The AT-6 and a great looking and flying warbird. Thanks to the gear boxes landing aren't a problem anymore. I have 110 landings since the mod.
    Insanity: Keep doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tom and Sonny,

Thanks ... I had already ordered two sets of the retract boxes for the AT-6 and P-51. They have been sitting on the shelf with the planes I will definitley install them.

Carl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How are the guys doing with the robart 618 conv? I know sonny said a whike back he was going to get the wire replacement struts. I woukd love to have them but dont know about another $100 is worth it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hpelsromantic

How are the guys doing with the robart 618 conv? I know sonny said a whike back he was going to get the wire replacement struts. I woukd love to have them but dont know about another $100 is worth it
    hpelsromantic;
    I did go with the wire replacement struts and still have the right main to bend on landing, so it can not retract flush in the wheel. Now I fly off grass, so you know how well grass and retract work out. Now this is what I can not understand why the left main do not bend on landing??? Still it is better than the stock wire that come with the ARF. Right now, I am in my workshop trying very hard not to put the AT-6 on the charger for tomorrow. I have a Hangar 9 Spitfire to maiden tomorrow and if I take the AT6, the spitfire will not be maiden!!
    I hope everyone will have a great weekend of flying!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sorry I should have made myself more clear..... I meant the oleo strut and not the wire. I'm looking at trying to find anyone that has these and want to part with them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo38809.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	1627315  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How close is the AT-6 on RealFlight to the Top Flite AT-6? Is RealFlight anywhere close to actually flying the model? I have been practicing on RealFlight and was wondering if I would be in for a shock with the maiden flight of my plane. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fly@FQD;
    The AT-6 on RealFlight will give you some insight on how the AT-6 fly. The Top Flite AT-6 is a joy to fly and if you have any time flying a warbird, than the AT-6 will be easy. I say, learn all you can with the RealFlight AT-6 and you will have a head-up when you fly the model. Good luck!!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Realflight physics get pretty close. The biggest difference I notice is that the AT6 "feels" faster than on the simulator. Cross winds will cause a slight roll tendency on take-off. Better to avoid strong cross winds for the first flights.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just finished reading this forum. I am looking at getting this aircraft. My question is ARE THE RETRACTS 85 or 90 degrees. With the problems most have had, I am considering the E-Flite retacts.

I couldn't help but note some comments about the under wing color choice. This is the colors used on the Pensacola instrument trainers, and is the scale version of Tom Nightingale's North American SNJ-4 Texan "Boll Weevil"

Ken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ken.

The stock retracts work fine with my reinforcement boxes. For $36.00 the problem is fixed.
    Insanity: Keep doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TomTreese

Ken.

The stock retracts work fine with my reinforcement boxes. For $36.00 the problem is fixed.
    A "BIG AMEN" to that!!!

Tom,
    Flew my Texan this past weekend and fell in love with the full flaps, gear down slow fly-by, and with the four stroke, she sound and look so real!!!
    Thanks again for your mod

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys;
    I was out flying my AT-6 Texan today and was having a ball. The plane was flying great and the four stroke was sounding good. A short time in the flight, the sound of the plane got loud. Maybe the muffler was loose??? No, the engine was running sweet!! I kept flying untill it was time to land. A beautiful landing was made, with the nose over. At the start/stop line, I kill the engine before the plane went into the pit and than I saw the hole in the canopy!![X(][X(] I guess I had a dog fight in the air with something and the canopy took a hit!! I know the pilot had a hard time seeing!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b

Name:	Yw67525.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1648135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy79481.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	1648136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kq36056.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	1648137  
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello All;
          Made the maiden flight of my TF AT-6 today. Made three flights and am very happy. I want to give a big thanks for all the advise I have recieved from all you guys. I made two very good landings and one not so good, bounced three or four feet  got back into the power just a touch and got it back under control. Had no damage at all to the landing gear, so I have to give extra thanks to Tom Treese for his retract boxes they are a must for the AT-6. Thanks Tom.  This plane was my first warbird and my third plane, I moved up from a Hangar 9 Pulse XT-60. The Pulse will be a hangar queen for a while now. Again thanks to all.
                                                                                                        DC 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Latest pic of my TF AT-6 powered by an OS 91FS at Free State in MD. Any more pics out there?

Name:	Ec89139.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	1671927  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jet22b
    Hi Guys;
    I was out flying my AT-6 Texan today and was having a ball. The plane was flying great and the four stroke was sounding good. A short time in the flight, the sound of the plane got loud. Maybe the muffler was loose??? No, the engine was running sweet!! I kept flying untill it was time to land. A beautiful landing was made, with the nose over. At the start/stop line, I kill the engine before the plane went into the pit and than I saw the hole in the canopy!![X(][X(] I guess I had a dog fight in the air with something and the canopy took a hit!! I know the pilot had a hard time seeing!!!
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b

Hahaaa.....AT-6 ~ BuG => 0___1
    **Check my gallery for more pictures**
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...y&memid=222042
    Club Saito member #706

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Does anyone think that a OS61FX is enough power for this plane ?

If not I was considering these other 2 AT6's.

Seagull Models 90-120 AT6

KMP AT6 85" WS

I know there is a thread on the Seagull bird but I have not received any input about the KMP plane.

If anyone knows or has flown the KMP AT6 please let me know.

Thanks Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Scott;
    I have a OS .61FX in a T-34 Mentor 60 and it do a great job of moving the plane. Now the manual for the TF AT-6 Texan say it will fly on a .60 engine. Now if you have a OS 91FS four stroke that need a home, it will go very good on the Texan. Just the sound of the four stroke in this bird is sweet!!! Now if you can keep the weight down, the OS 61FX may work. What ever engine you go with, you will love this bird!!! I hope this will help you.
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The OS 61FX is the minimum engine for the AT-6. It might not be a very good option though because you're going to be using a smaller prop, i.e 12x8 to 13x6. Like jet posted, the OS 91FS will be perfect. It will swing a 14x7-8 prop with no problem. The plane balances great with this engine also. Over 150 flights on mine and still going strong.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Maddieone here,

It has been a while but this thread has been going on for a long, long time. This plane flys beautifully with an OS 91 FS swinging a 15X6 prop. Those of you who are considering using other types or sizes of engines could very well be making a mistake. I have never been disapointed by the OS 91's. In fact that is what is in all of my 60 size airplanes.

That's my two cents, do what you want.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the input guys.

I think I am going to guy with the Seguall AT6, I am slowly converting all of my glow stuff to gas. From what I have seen so far the Seagull looks to be a pretty good model also. I just happened to have a OS61 Fx laying around that needs a home.

Thanks Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Scott,

What part of MD are you in? If you ever get near Laurel/Bowie area, let me know so you could go and visit our field. We have a couple of warbird fliers.

Ton2di

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

Sorry I need to update my profile. I live in West Virginia now, but I used to fly in Maryland when I lived there. I lived in Lexington Park not to far from Waldorf, here is the link to my old clubs webiste they have a real nice field.

http://paxaero.com/

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: baddley

Hi

Does anyone think that a OS61FX is enough power for this plane ?

If not I was considering these other 2 AT6's.

Seagull Models 90-120 AT6

KMP AT6 85'' WS

I know there is a thread on the Seagull bird but I have not received any input about the KMP plane.

If anyone knows or has flown the KMP AT6 please let me know.

Thanks Scott
    Well, I personally have flown the OS61FX in different birds and love it and it would do well in what you are talking about but I just got the TF P47 60-sozed ARF and I'm putting a DLE20 gas engine in it. The DLE's cost less to buy and operate and they put out a lot of power for what they are. You might think of that as an option.

Andy
    AMA 16066

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast