Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

NITROPLANES

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

NITROPLANES

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:22 AM
telejojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NITROPLANES

I bought a Long EZ from Nitroplanes and had a problem with the rod that controls the elev. it was soldered and came loose after I had epoxyed the canard in so there was really no way to fix it.I called Nitroplanes and they sent me a new fuse,canard, and wings.I have heard bad things about then in the past but they stood behind their product with me,I thnk they are allright..........
Old 11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
octanehuffer

Default RE: NITROPLANES

They can afford to hand out replacement parts. I know of two models they produce that are stolen designs. Right down to the manual and the CAD files Stolen. Also selling at half of the price of the originator. Without having to spend a single dime on Rand D, prototypes, or CAD work. Its all free labor for them. I would never recommend these scumbags to anyone. Glad you are having good luck with them. Truly immoral people. Venting over now.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Two models? I know about the Yak, what's the other one?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:16 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: octanehuffer

Truly immoral people. Venting over now.

They are merely resellers as are many other vendors.

If you want to go on about a copied design, contact the asian ARF manufacturers, they all do this all the time...
A copied design does not alone make for good sales though.

Who stole the YAK from whom, and what other plane?

I haven't seen anybody else selling the CMP Yak I got from them... as their own model.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:47 PM
octanehuffer

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_71...tm.htm#7118523
Here you go. I dont need to go into detail, but the moral of the story NP stole the CAD drawings and manual for Quique's plane. I have spoken to Quique about it. He was not happy that HIS plane was litterally stolen and produced without consent. Compare the manuals once. Reza made it and they even stole that. NOT A RESELLER. It got interesting reading the thread and RCU locked the thread.
The other plane was a bipe that SIG produced. It is no longer listed or available from NP. While at the SIG meet a couple years ago(hosted in Montezuma, Ia, at Hazel Sig's Private runway and home) this same topic had come up. Suits were pending at the time.
Who knows how many other people they have ripped off.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
opjose

From what I see, you cannot really compare the two planes Qui-Que's is a whole different beast in terms of what is supplied and how it is made.

A Yak they both may be, with similiar covering schemes, but that's about it...

The manuals however are troubling, but all of this was done by the manufacturers. NP is not a manufacturer, they are a reseller.

There is a thread here listing Asian Arf's here with links back to each of the manufacturers for the planes they sell.

There you find the link to the Chinese company that put out the plane you are speaking of in the first place. That company also sold to other vendors, which also advertized that plane for a while, until it was pulled.

You'll also see in that list most of the other companies which manufacture the ARFs which NP ( and many others ) sell.

I guess the similiarities between the old Ultimate 40s NP sold and the World Models one could be perceived the same way, however both are distinct and different ARF's. Likewise with QueQue's and the Biplanes... they are not the same design, they are merely similiar in look.

To bad too, we would have some really GREAT deals on cheap knockoffs...

Old 11-13-2008, 08:30 PM
octanehuffer

Do me a favor and read the thread I posted. Quique himself chimes in about the stolen design. Read the thread word for word. It really gets interesting on page 2. THE 69" YAK WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!! THE YAKS ARE AN EXACT REPLICA. There are only TWO differences between them. THE COVERING AND THE ALUMINUM WING TUBE FOUND ON THE NP VERSION.
I cant believe you deny that the two planes are not the same. The facts are right in front of you man. Open your eyes.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:36 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do me a favor and read the thread I posted. Quique himself chimes in about the stolen design. Read the thread word for word. It really gets interesting on page 2. THE 69" YAK WAS STOLEN!!!!!!!! THE YAKS ARE AN EXACT REPLICA. There are only TWO differences between them. THE COVERING AND THE ALUMINUM WING TUBE FOUND ON THE NP VERSION.
I cant believe you deny that the two planes are not the same. The facts are right in front of you man. Open your eyes.
Are you saying the wood is the same quality and glue joints gluded the same? Just wondering. Capt,n
Old 11-14-2008, 12:22 AM
opjose

There are also pictures on that thread showing components, etc. that show they are very different. The Yak that NP solds does not have components like this.

The version of this ARF I've seen doesn't come close to QuiQue's ( and I'm going from the pictures of QuiQue's mind you. ).

If it did wow what a steal, albeit not very ethical.

Then again there are almost exact clones of the Siq Spacewalker sold by Hobby People, and other vendors too... welcome to Chinese industry... ugh.

However you are mistaken in that these are NOT manufactured by Nitroplanes, by they are manufactured by one of their vendors... If I recall it may be FlyModels... or Flyboy models, I forgot which but they are listed on the other thread... CMP is cited, but the clone of QueQue's I saw did not seem to come from them... and the CMP Yak I have of the same vintage as that never came with intructions, rather with a single large blueprint type sheet.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:32 PM
octanehuffer

Yeah NP only imports them. Illegal, under trademark laws. But, I digress. I didnt know the Spacewalker was copied. Fun plane.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
opjose

Re: NP

Actually I've seen that model sold here by others.

Re: Sig, yeah and it's a spitting image of Sig's Spacewalker too.

In this case Sig's design seems to have been copied by a Vietnamese company VQ...

That's the problem with Asian companies never bothering with those "minor things" such as copyright infringement... you would think that they would TRY to hide it by making changes... but they don't.

But this is going to start biting them in the posterior, as they try to ramp up their own consumerism...
I guess the right holders will have the last laugh.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:18 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's another rip off...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_78...tm.htm#8164744
Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 PM
opjose

It seems like there are a couple of big perpetrators of this stuff... All Asian outfits of course...

Fly Models seems to be the most egregious violator. Every Fly Model's plane comes with partially photocopied manuals from other manufacturers...

Case in point the Ultimate 40S which NP, Texas-RC and many others sell....

It's a "Fly Models" or "Evergreen" plane, and it uses the same manual as the World Models ( another Asian manufacturer ) plane even though the two planes are actually distinctly DIFFERENT and have few similiarities!

In turn this causes confusion for the builder, who cannot find the pictured structures or parts.

Fly Models planes are carried by many U.S. Vendors and I've seen their planes stocked in Mom and Pop LHS'...

Of course the Yak, Sig and other planes are ALL ultimately coming from Asian factories, so in effect the manufacturers are hurting themselves with these practices.

If they rip off a design ( as in QueQue's plane ), and/or manuals, then the next time someone wants to put a new product out, that will be a manufacturer NOT selected to do the production... so they ultimately loose....