Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Sig Rascal 110

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sig Rascal 110

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 11:16 PM
Jerry Hicks
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Rascal 110

I've been look at Sig Rascal at one of the local hobby shops. This would be my first really large airplane (currently flying 60 to 90 size airplanes). I've got a few questions. First, I can't determine from the catalogs if the wing stores as two pieces or is permanently joined during final construction into one 9' piece. Next, what servos are folks using-? I've got some Hitec 605's that I can use on ailerons, with 615MG's for rudder and elevator. Will this be enough torque? For engine, I have a Super Tigre 2300 (1.4 cubic inch) and an Irvine 1.5; I'm curious what others are using for power. What (if any) modifications need to be made during assembly/construction? Are there any weaknesses or problems to watch out for during assembly?

Thanks,

Jerry
Old 06-02-2003, 11:23 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sig Rascal 110

There is a thread from when the Rascal first came out here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...ghlight=Rascal

It should answer most of your questions...even has pictures!!

Donn
Old 06-22-2003, 03:53 AM
wkndflier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Rascal 110

I've got the 110, the wing is two pieces. I'm using the Fut 3004's on the ailerons and elevator w/ an Ht 625 MG on the pull-pull rudder. It's got the Saito 180 up front and this negates the need for the second half of the throttle control travel. I'm having more than my share of difficulty getting this thing to trim out and fly right. It flies like an overgrown trainer, and your life will be so much nicer if you can mix a little rudder on the aileron stick. This thing has proven that bigger isn't always better in the wind, it's so light compared to it size and doesn't offer much resistance to the odd thermal or wind gust. In an effort to get the saito dialed in and properly cooled I got lots of dead stick practice and I can tell you it has the glide path of huge wing glider, if you can see it you'll make it back.