Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Where can I get the GSP Katana 72" ???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Where can I get the GSP Katana 72" ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 08:48 PM
TT2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get the GSP Katana 72" ???

I'm talking about the red / white and blue one...not the yellow one like Creek Hobbies sells. Giant Scale Planes has this in stock for $259.99 plus shipping...which in my case would be about $40. However, Chief Aircraft sells this same ARF for 239.99 shipped. Unfortunately they are currently out of stock and don't expect to be in stock for three weeks. I don't want to wait that long! Where can I get one cheap? Thanks in advance.

-Tom
Old 06-06-2003, 11:34 AM
flight7294
My Feedback: (1)

Well I got mine through GSP, but I believe there was another thread on here, that said Buckner hobbies out of New York has them for 239.00 also. Although I'm not sure about shipping. You love that plane I know I do.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:59 PM
TT2

Yep, I called Bruckner a few days ago and they were out of stock. Seems people are snatching these things up as soon as they are in stock. Must be a reason for that!

I plan on using a 1.60fx for power. What are you using?

-Tom
Old 06-06-2003, 03:46 PM
flight7294
My Feedback: (1)

I'm using an MDS 1.48 with the new carb on it. I can tell you that engine has not missed a beat at all. Great power, and great price. I paid 169.00 for it. Currently I'm using a 16x9 prop but i plan on trying some others to see what differences it makes.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:52 PM
cmr

I just ordered my GSP Katana last week and they charged me 219 for the airplane plus 32 shipping and 11.99 for a prepainted pilot. Basically I paid 263 total. They said it would be here in a week so I guess they have them in stock. He said I got a "special deal" but you might call and ask! All they can say is no.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:28 PM
TT2

Thanks for the info guys. I've gone ahead and ordered one from Chief for $239 shipped. What a deal! I don't mind waiting for it...it will give me time to finish my current project (CA Extra 300L 31% / ZDZ80).

I've scratched the 1.60fx idea and will be installing a ZDZ40RV (Vroom Vroom). Katanaguy talked me into it. Thanks Johnny!

I haven't seen many flight reports on these planes, but from what I've heard so far they are KILLERS. We'll see. If it flies like I think it's going to with the ZDZ I'll probably order another one for backup. The $239 shipped price from Chief is too good to pass up for an ARF of this size / design / quality. I can live with the transparency of the Econokote.

-Tom