Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

BH 90in Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

BH 90in Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:38 AM
skysfallin
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BH 90in Corsair

I'm looking to buy another warbird and always liked th BH 90" Corsair but never liked the flimsy retracts that came with the plane. I looked at this plane about a year ago and wondered if they ever did anything with the crappy retracts. If not I will look at a different plane like the Top Flite or ESM that troy buily handles.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:11 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BH 90in Corsair

might be some info here

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_95...m.htm#10022030
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 PM
pattnut

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a proud owner/flyer of a BH 91" W.S. Corsair. One of the FIST things I did was remove and carefully inspect the supplied retract units, and quickly tossed them in the trash. They were absolutely pitiful.
I proceeded to order a set of LADO 333RB electric retracts. They are direct, bolt in replacements. Robart struts and wheels finished out the retro fit...
Old 12-14-2012, 12:12 PM
soco32

pattnut -
I have the BH 50cc Corsair and also believe the gear are sub-par.  You said that you used the Lado 333RB as replacements.
1. Have you had any structural problems?  Lado says they are for planes up to 7kg and Corsair is around 10 to 11 kg.
2. Did you use the rotating ling from the original BH gear?  If so, how did you attach the link to the retract housing>

ed
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM
pattnut

soco,
I have many flights on my Corsair now. I am proud to say I have had ZERO problems. I "tested" them big time on the maiden flight by bouncing (and bouncing, and bouncing...) the landing. The only damage was my pride. On a much later landing, I turned too sharply, and "bunny hopped" sideways; this should have ripped the inside gear out. It did no damage to the mount, but DID bend the 6mm hardened steel gear mounting strut (stub). I simply straightened the strut and flew on.
I adapted stock robart Robo struts to my LADOs, and Robart spoked aluminum hubbed wheels.

Old Dawg
Old 12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
soco32

Thanks Old Dawg
Did you use the stock rotating link?  How did you attach it to the new servo body?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM
pattnut

The LADO 333RB's already a 90 deg rotating retract unit. I used nothing of the supplied BH units.

Old Dawg