Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 PTS MK11 Mustang new version

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 PTS MK11 Mustang new version

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Phoenixangel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 PTS MK11 Mustang new version

I can get 5-6 full tank flights 15-18 minutes (depending on WOT time) out of my mkII with an 10x7 prop and the stock 1500mAh batteries before the voltwatch says charge time.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 AM
[email protected]

I have flown a total of 6 flights off one charge...tha't close to an hour in the air...and the battery seemed to be fine after all that.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:12 AM
[email protected]

Redrocket2000 you must have got your plane fixed after your crash...how the repairs go. Pretty tough plane huh?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:21 AM
2000redrocket

it is tough. even the guy that owns the house thought that. though i did not drill it into it. it was low and i went wide open steep climb and had a good angle. u getting 6 flites in and only 60 min? u way rich? or full power all the time? i am 1/2 to 1/3 mostly enjoying. raceing some with matt was still about 16 min and fuel left.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:01 AM
[email protected]

I'm flying a OS 55 Ax in my plane, A little different than the Evo for flight time. I try to land at 10 minutes regardless of fuel...just what i like to do , I usually have about a 1/3 tank left.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:56 PM
2000redrocket

wrecked it again. dam. the guys i was flying with say it hapens. was commong out of a left hand turn got mixed up ended upside down and the fusaloge is toast. i think i can save the wings. and the throttle servo is junk now. next time i get it fixed i am not messing around close to the groung for a while with out more stick time.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:05 AM
mgrande11

Hey rabbit I was wondering about that os .55, did you have to modify the cowl much to get it to fit and does pop right into the stock motor mount and is the throttle linkage right or does it also need to be modded. I wanna get rid of the evo engine I can't get it to transition from the low speed needle to the high quickly without stalling, I have to nurse the thorttle up to full on takeoff but it flies just fine at a hair below half throttle. I saw a video of a p-51 pts with a os .55 and it was very fast and even sounded mean.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:15 AM
2000redrocket

mgrande loosen the little set screw on the idle mixture stop collar and tuen the center part with a small screwdriver twards more rich while holding the bar on the collar from moveing. that will ritchen the whole area of idle mixture adjustment up a bit. it helped me a lot. my engine would not transition either with out being carefull. it did stall on me once. now it is correct.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:12 AM
2000redrocket

here is a bad picture
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 AM
[email protected]

No it slips right in ...I had to cut a small hole for the idle adjustment screw ..I mainly made the cuts that are already stock just a little bigger to accomidate the OS 55 . The linkage for the throttle was spot on. And the motor mount was perfect. Highly reccomend this upgrade, my plane is an incredible amount of fun with this engine installed. I had the same issue with my Evo I sent it back...eveyone has there different opinions on what to do to fix the problem, but I tried them all with no luck...that engine almost cost my plane more than once...
Old 04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
mgrande11

Dang redrocket that looks nasty you didn't rebuild did you? I also deadsticked but was lucky enough to have enough speed to pull around and land. Thanks for the tips rabbit I think the os .55 is in my very near future. I ran a half gallon thru the evo and it's starting to behave alittle better, I actually think I was a hair rich on the bottom. My muffler started spinning toward the fuselage so I went ahead and JB welded it like everyone else did. In flight I knew something was wrong cause the tone of the exhaust changed. I'm almost read to pull the droops off, what can I expect to change about the flight characteristics?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
[email protected]

I did/nt notice much difference .... take em off...don't worry..it will fly about the same
Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
mgrande11

Has anyone been able to put retracts on the MKII
Old 05-04-2009, 09:25 PM
2000redrocket

i got the stuff from radioshack and may make my own 6v 5 cell packs. piece of cake. i use the duracell precharged 2000mah aa batteries in everything. plus if i do this every now and then i can take them out of the holders and do a proper discharge and charge cycle and get them all even again.
tomorrow no rain they say. i may get them out tomorrow if i can. hope to have a wreck free day. i am staying up high this time for a "O" s*** bailout.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:27 AM
[email protected]

Did you get your plan up yet? I took mine out this evening Hopeing to get my hands on a vid camera to shoot some footage of it. I have the 55AX in it it cooks. No flying tomorrow it's in the AMA bylaws.... no flying on Mothers day.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:23 AM
2000redrocket

no i di dnot get it up yet. it is ready though. been messing with the dazzler and its landing gear (or lack of) issues for me like flimsy.
i am mort up tight flying the dazzler cause it responds like mad to input. i have it toned down a lot on the sticks. here of late i have been dragracing or dynoshootout stuff this past couple of days. and it has been windy for a couple of days again.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 PM
maerlma

i've been flying my pz corsair for a while now. Ihave 6 solo flights on it. i've only flown my pts mustang once, but i'm itching to fly it again. the weather around here has been lousy on the weekends, so i've mainly been going to the field after work through the week. do you guys think the pts mustang is much harder to fly than the pz corsair?
Old 05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
mgrande11

Hey maerlma, I know what your saying about the weather, I'm was tempted to fly in the rain the other day.  I have flown the pz corsair and I can assure you if you can fly the corsair you can fly the pts, I would highly recommend that you fuelproof the firewall and add the flap servo and mix in 10% down elevator when you deploy the flaps.  The biggest difference between the two planes is that the pts will need to be landed at a higher speed with the flaps up but with the flaps down it will land slightly faster than the corsair.  The roll rate with the naca droops on will be slower than the pz roll rate and the pts is less twitchy.  I would highly recommend that you switch from the 3 blade prop to a 2 blade 11x5 it will help to pull you out of trouble fast than the 3 blade and if you dead stick it will glide further and speaking of dead sticks I suggest that you run that evo engine on the ground for three tanks to make sure all your needles are set right.  I had to JB weld the muffler halves together because no matter how tight the bolt was or how much locktite I used the muffler would loosen up and rotate the outlet towards the fuselage and caking oil all over the right side of the plane.  Oh I also forgot this plane takes much longer to slow down compared with the corsair because of the weigth difference.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:58 AM
madgooner

Hi, its finally arrived in the UK, its on charge while i speak. A couple of questions how do you know when its charged, and even with a small charge i cant get any movement using the controller. Does the power switch on the plane need to be off or on or does it not matter.
Is there any charging lights ment to be on?
Old 05-21-2009, 07:12 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, the switch must be off in order to charge, you should let it charge for 10 to 12 hours. you will want to get something to check the voltage on the battery. if there are lights on the charger, it should be on, a small peice of advice, you may want to read your owners manual before doing anything, this always helps me in putting a plane toegther, it will also show you how to "bind" your transmitter and reciever, which is probably why you have no movement with the controls
Old 05-21-2009, 07:59 AM
madgooner

Thanks Ray the manual dosnt mention the switch having to be off, i now have it switched and the lights are on the reciever inside the plane. Is this correct . Also the plane is apparantly already binded to the dx6i, it has the picture and name on the LCD, is it posssibly it is not binded from Hanger9. I thought with the info on the screen it is binded.
Thanks
Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know the manuals leave a few deails out, and some very important ones at that, when charging, the switch must be in the off position, if the light on the reciever is "on", that means the switch is 'on' , and it won't charge.you may have to bind the transmitter/reciever again, sometimes they forget at the factory or it loses it bind for some reason. Does your charger have a light on it? if it does, the light should be "on", which means it's charging

Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 AM
[email protected]

Congrats on finally getting your plane! Please give us flight reports !

Rab
Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 AM
[email protected]

I have had no problems with battery charge life on mine , I usually fly it around 5 times before going home.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
madgooner

Its been up bloody nervous, the problem as mentioned in my prevous posts turned out to be a faulty battery pack. Borrowed a pack from some friends up the field, and had a couple of flights. Really nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.