Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

[Deleted]

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 09:39 PM

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-13-2003, 05:30 PM
ABORH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Sukhoi SU-31 40+.46 FX

I have this plane and am running a ThunderTiger 46 with an 11x6 propellor. I set it up according to the kit instructions and it flies quite nicely. On high rates it is quite aerobatic although it wants to go toward the belly on knife edge. On high rates a roll is nearly axial requiring very little rudder. It does not drift in a loop which it will do either inside or outside.

I find that the 46 engine is adequate power for the flying that I do although finding the correct propellor took some doing. I have not attemped to evaluate the vertical limits of this engine-prop combination.

I am able to vouch for the strength of the airplane having run it into a tree, landed it in a freshly plowed field and cartwheeled it on take off (do not take off on high rates). In each case there was minor/cosmetic damage only(small puncture in the wing, dislodged landing gear, cracked crunched wheelpants and cowel, cracked firewall). I got out the CA and the trim I use to patch little holes and I was flying the next day.

The covering leaves a little to be desired. The material used to form the pretty diamonds tends to become delaminated inspite of attempts to tack it down with an iron. It looks very cool in the air however and has generated complements at my club in spite of the dings!

I really fly the heck out of it an feel I got my money's worth!