Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Servos for Herr Little Extra

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Servos for Herr Little Extra

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM
ppkk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos for Herr Little Extra

Hi folks,

I have a Herr Little Extra and plan on putting a Magnum .15 XLS on its nose. I am debating between two different servos: the Hitec HS-65HB and the GWS Naro Fast HP BB (that's a mouthful, so here's the link: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHHB3&P=7)

Any suggestions on which one is better? The GWS is cheaper so all being equal that would be my preference otherwise I'd go with the Hitec.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: Servos for Herr Little Extra

I have one with 65mg's in the tail surfaces and 55's in the wings with a 55 for throttle. Another with 65hb's in the tail and 55's in the wings and throttle. Both fly great and both have os15's on them. I almost flew mine today but forgot to charge it up before leaving so I left it here. It is one of my favorite and most reliable planes. It floats like a butterfly and can rip like a bee. Have fun with it! Bet it soon becomes a favortie. Make sure to set the ailerons with the jig provided....

Kevin
Old 05-07-2009, 11:44 AM
ppkk

Default RE: Servos for Herr Little Extra

Thanks for the reply; I ended up ordering 65HB's all around. You mentioned you have successfully used 55's on the ailerons, but somehow I couldn't convince myself to do that; the 55's just seem too small, especially with the engine that I am using. Given the $10 difference in the price I fugured it probably wasn't worth it.

My plane is still sitting in the box but I ordered another one as a spare - it's just an excellent value! And thanks for the tip on the aileron jig; not sure what it means yet, but I'll pay attention to it when I start putting it together.