Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1396

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Funtana 125

By the way, I went to their site and they have two listed, but both appear identical. I would order the 1203, which is the newest. I believe that is the one I used.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an EVO 26GT fitted to Funtana 125; using Pitts-style muffler.  Would like to use tuned pipe/silencer system for this engine; make it a bit quieter.  Has anyone used this silencer with this engine on Funatana?  If so, were you able to get a header that would drop down from the exhaust port so tuned pipe could be mounted under the fuse, or did you simply mount the tuned pipe on the side of the fuse?

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Flying!
    Ken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chepenik

I have an EVO 26GT fitted to Funtana 125; using Pitts-style muffler. *Would like to use tuned pipe/silencer system for this engine; make it a bit quieter. *Has anyone used this silencer with this engine on Funatana? *If so, were you able to get a header that would drop down from the exhaust port so tuned pipe could be mounted under the fuse, or did you simply mount the tuned pipe on the side of the fuse?

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy Flying!
    Ken
    Happened apon this thread....
    I had a Funtana 100X that I used a Evo26gt with eveo 26gt pipe......
    I mounted the engine on a downward angle so the pipe would come out at the bottom of the plane...

Let us know how it turned out..
    If you can\'\'\'\'t dazzle em with brilliance,baffle em with BS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use the DLE 20 with a Xoar 17-6 and I beat the plane like a government mule. The 20 hauls ***** and one guy watches me fly and he is sorry he already bought the 30 for his. Well over 100 flights hard tumbles and gyroscopic hooligan type moves and its solid as day 1, the plane is as tough as a waffle house steak.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gade600sdi

I use the DLE 20 with a Xoar 17-6 and I beat the plane like a government mule. The 20 hauls ***** and one guy watches me fly and he is sorry he already bought the 30 for his. Well over 100 flights hard tumbles and gyroscopic hooligan type moves and its solid as day 1, the plane is as tough as a waffle house steak.
    I have to add I did beef up the landing gear block with some triangle stock and the firewall area. No big deal I do it on all ARF's half hour and adds maybe an ounce or two and costs me like $1.50 in triangle stock and glue.......well worth the small effort to avoid busting up a plane I have around $1,000 invested in. Then I dont have to type in here and complain that my landing gear fell off. I learned early on when a Pulse 40 gear left loose on me on a fairly gentle landing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't fly my Funtana much anymore; my main plane for the last year and a half has been a 50cc Extreme Flight Yak and just recently started flying their 50cc Extra. Great planes! But if i take up the Funtana again (it is sitting in my garage) I may change to the DLE 20. Based on the Hangar 9 video and manual, it seams like this plane was designed for a 20 gasser.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been running the SYSSA 20cc gas engine on my Funtana 125 for a year + now. Great combination. however, I think a 20cc would fly it great. Mine is overpowered, but I love it.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

correction, that is a SYSSA 30cc. My mistake. Hit the wrong key.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady

I don't fly my Funtana much anymore; my main plane for the last year and a half has been a 50cc Extreme Flight Yak and just recently started flying their 50cc Extra. Great planes! But if i take up the Funtana again (it is sitting in my garage) I may change to the DLE 20. Based on the Hangar 9 video and manual, it seams like this plane was designed for a 20 gasser.
    I have a Funtana with a Saito 1.25 and I don't fly it much either as I have some more favorite planes that I prefer to fly. It was collecting dust so I finally decided to sell the airframe to a fellow that has a DLE 20cc from a crashed plane which I believe would be a perfect combo.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

I have a Funtana with a Saito 1.25 and I don't fly it much either as I have some more favorite planes that I prefer to fly. It was collecting dust so I finally decided to sell the airframe to a fellow that has a DLE 20cc from a crashed plane which I believe would be a perfect combo.
    Luchnia, your saying you have more favorite planes than this? Wow I have 15 planes and this Funtana I keep going back to. Not my biggest, but my funnest to fly. I would love to hear what you like better than the F125.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gade600sdi

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

Luchnia, your saying you have more favorite planes than this? Wow I have 15 planes and this Funtana I keep going back to. Not my biggest, but my funnest to fly. I would love to hear what you like better than the F125.
    I like my Extra 300LP and Edge 540 better than the Funtana. One thing I do like about the Funtana is that you can fly it at incredibly slow speeds and that is probably the coolest thing I liked about it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do you remember where you had your CG at. I still have never gotton mine fully locked in. As a result I dont fly it allot which is a shame.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys,

Can somebody tell me the box dimensions?
    The purpose of this information is for traveling e checking if I have to pay oversized baggage.

Regards.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all, was just at my LHS and they have a funtana 125 there for a really good price. Then i started reading about it and came across this thread, i see they have problems with there covering yellowing! Anyone know if this has got resolved? As well as a weight & balanceissues..... was planning on putting in a dle 20 i have. So the hs7775mg are the servos you guys are running with the dle20? As well with running those servos are you moving your rudder to a pull pull style? Thanks for your in put

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unless somthing I'm not aware of has changed, they don't consider the yellowing a problem....

I would buy another if it were not for that issue. Refuse to support that mentality.

Mine was a DLE 30, but it was so overpowered I would put a 20 in the next one. The loss of power easily offset by the loss of 8 ounces difference in weight one engine vs. the other.

Weight was an issue? I always felt these were right in there?

Balance is on you with a plane like this. There's a wide range it (and others like it) will fly well in. Start at suggested, then start moving it back to suit your skill level/flying style?

I'm not touching servo questions, but will say I would highly recommend metal gears. This plane easily capable of speeds where flutter is a major issue. Metal will resist/help protect against resulting damage best possible. note: I watched one of these blow it's wings right off due to flutter one day. Turned the fuse into a big lawn dart. Spectacular!

Pull pull vs. tail mounted rudder servo would depend on balance requirements. No other 'druthers on my planes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for your inputs. To bad they have not done anything about the yellowing. I heading to my lhs tomorrow, see if they still have it
    there. Was on sale for $225. Kind of hard to pass up, as i do need a home for my dle20, that I just took out of my reactor bipe. It was just to much
    for that plane. Was starting to tear in apart.

I read that the funtana has had some problems with flutter as well. Thanks for the advise, I will go with metal gear servos not sure what
    ones yet. They should have at least 100oz torque right?

What did you use for hinges? Thinking I should get some robart hinges. As i read some of the ailerons have ripped off at the hinge.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

100 oz fine on everywhere but the rudder if you'll be playing hard. I'd go 150+oz there.

Top of the line hinges only for this plane..... You will make it flutter. The question will be whether it survives it!

Have a blast!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: livefast_livefun

**Thanks for your inputs. To bad they have not done anything about the yellowing. I heading to my lhs tomorrow, see if they still have it
    there. Was on sale for $225. Kind of hard to pass up, as i do need a home for my dle20, that I just took out of my reactor bipe. It was just to much
    for that plane. Was starting to tear in apart.

I read that the funtana has had some problems with flutter as well. Thanks for the advise, I will go with metal gear servos not sure what
    ones yet. They should have at least 100oz torque right?

What did you use for hinges? Thinking I should get some robart hinges. As i read some of the ailerons have ripped off at the hinge.
    Been flying my Funtana 125 with a SAP 180, 30cc gas engine with all the Spektrum telemetry they currently have for sale at HH. Mine weights almost 11.5 lbs, using the supplied hinges with no problems, however, they are pinned with tooth picks. I keep it covered while out in the sun and no yellowing yet. Have close to 200 flights on mine with the 30cc gas engine and usually fly at about half throttle. Full throttle is for streight up. At 11.5 lbs is penetrates the Oklahoma wind better than at 9.5 lbs originally with no telemetry and a Saito 125.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glad to hear it only yellows when left in the sun. I dont leave my planes out unless i'm flying them.
    Never fly at a club, just at the paved runway at work where we fly our airtractors out of. So the plane will
    be in the hanger the rest of the time. 

As far as the Spektrum telemetry, what do you use this for? voltage? I'm still on the newer side
    of the gas. And like i said never been to a club. Sure would be nice to see what other ppl are using. Just
    dont have alot of time to.

Looking at the hitec HS-7954SH for the rudder, maybe all controls if the balancing lets me. Or
    is that to much of a servo for this? I may have to move the rudder to a pull pull.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am using Futaba 3305 servos all around. 4.8 volt NiCad battery pack for receiver, 4.8 vold NiMah for the ignition. The telemetry that I have is: cylinder head temp, rpm, receiver battery voltage, battery pack voltage, air speed, Gforce X,Y,Z indicator, GPS tracker. Check out the HH web site for telemetry items. All of the telemetry info comes back to the Transmitter and to my iphone with the STI module plugged in. I can then email the info to myself and track with Google Earth as well as some software that displays all flight infor from a flight session.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello guys.
    I got myself a Funtana, after reading this thread. a successful model, but with some problems. as equipment: equipment that I will use the extra electron was namely:

- GF26I V2 26cc engine
    - 4 Power ATLAS DIGITAL MG-BB 20 UMD HYPERION (ailerons and elevators)
    - 1 Power HD servo (rudder)
    - 1 DS8411 servo (throttle)
    - Ubec HiModel 8A for servo and ignition Ubec for 3A
    - 2S 2200mA receiver pack / ignition 2S 1600mA

after 4-5 flights I have not managed to finalize the center of gravity. model is difficult to handle. Because of this, the landing, the smallest gust of wind it up.

Another problem is the tail wheel system that after each landing must be directed. I ordered another skid from Dubro. The film has not yellowed yet, but because screen printing is extremely difficult to spread. practically holding back a screen printing ink.

if you can advise me how to solve the problem LP's, I would be grateful

[img]/http://fly-free.ro/attachment.php?attachmentid=46&d=1369283929[img]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Allen,
    Have about 30 flights on my funtana. Rally enjoy it. My CG was about in the middle of the suggested range, any like you experience, as it slows for landing, she will pitch up. Made me almost wet myself a couple times. Moved the battery foward in mine to adjust the CG forward and it lands great now. I use about 30 degrees of flap mix on light wind days and clean with with 10 mph of wind or more. Less aerobatic with forward CG, but much more manageable on landing. This is a beautiful flying AC so move the CG aft slowly. Also, wiped the gear off mine landing in the grass a bit fast. Used some CF rods to strenthen the gear for aft loads. No problems since. I guess it was not ment to land on grass, so be aware and good luck

Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Mark.
    thanks for the information. Meanwhile I flew Funtana and I'm starting to learn with this model. Indeed, I think it was designed for straight tracks, not grass. to our grass runway airfield was rebuilt special sports and now everything is OK.
    I have one piece of advice, namely, front on the flight, check and reinforced landing gear panel. It stuck superficial and the landings older one force, jumped altogether.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0941689&type=1
    [img]/http://fly-free.ro/attachment.php?attachmentid=46&d=1369283929[img]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If all of you that are flying the Funtana AC (S90,100x,125) want to have some real fun, try flying with the Eagle Tree 2d/3d flight stabilizer installed. I ordered one and installed it in my second Funtana 125 which is running a Saito 1.25 4s. Spektrum DX8 trans with a AR7000 receiver. Have 2d/3d mode setup with the flap switch. What a hoot to fly. I take off with the stabilizer turned off, but have the 2d mode on for landing. Makes landings a piece of cake. 3D mode will let you knife edge and torque roll with a lot eaiser controll.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I removed the yellowing with painters tape about a year and a half ago. My method is low tech but it works and requires about a half role of tape. Apply about a 10" peice of tape to the white/yellow area (do not apply to colored areas) of the plane and then peal it off. The yellow will come off with the tape. It took about an hour to make the plane look new again. While I have since sold the plane, I see it regularly and it continues to look new.

By the way, I had a 30cc gas engine on it and it was too much torque and power. If I were to do it again, I would go with a DLE 20. A fellow at our field flies with this set up and he can do most any 3d menuever with it. Kind of makes sense, being that it was designed for a 20 gasser.

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast