Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

new airplane pilot

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

new airplane pilot

Old 08-02-2009, 11:01 AM
noobflyer01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new airplane pilot

Hi all, I'm interested in getting a funtana X as my first real airplane. I have had experience with the slow stick...which was really really easy to fly. But the funtana looks like an awesome airplane. What kind of servos,esc,motor,and props do i need?
Where is a great place to buy the Funtana X? Many thanks to all.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:25 PM
carrellh

Default RE: new airplane pilot

With the exception of the mini http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL2425 the Funtana is out of stock at Horizon. Horizon is the USA distributor.

It is also in stock at Advantage http://www.advantagehobby.com/produc...cat=157&page=1 and they have free shipping.

If this is the one you want, there are links to 'completion guides' on the web pages.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 AM
multicasting

Isn't the slow stick an electric? I don't know if the Funtana series would be a good next step unless you have good instincts and reflexes. The light, low wing aircraft may prove to be very twitchy for you if you are used to a slow stick. Are you setting it up elecreic or fuel?How much experience do you have flying the larger aircraft?

Bob
Old 08-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Luftwaffe Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: multicasting

Isn't the slow stick an electric? I don't know if the Funtana series would be a good next step unless you have good instincts and reflexes. The light, low wing aircraft may prove to be very twitchy for you if you are used to a slow stick. Are you setting it up elecreic or fuel? How much experience do you have flying the larger aircraft?

Bob

I'm with Bob on this one. It's best to get a little more experience under your belt. It's a good question to bring up in your club or your flying instructor. They will have a better idea if you can handle such a upgrade.

Funtana is 18x's faster, 8x's heavier and way less forgiving and etc. Let me put it this way, I've been flying Glow and electric for 6 going on 7 years... and I just finished putting together a Extra 260. I have a ball with that plane!

The Extra 260 is faster, less forgiving and the response is out-rageous even with 80% Expo! It keeps me on my toes to where as all my other planes don't as much.

If you decide not to listen and go ahead and get this plane with little experence... I suggest you get a broom and Glad Bag and take it to the field with you.

Take it slow my man... you'll get there in time, and if you listen to some of us we'll help you get there in half the cost.