Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sig

Old 08-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Propwash-don
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig

Has Sig gone under? I see that Tower is showing all their ARF's as discontinued, looks like I better hold on to that spare Rascal 110 kit.

Don
Old 08-28-2009, 10:44 AM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sig

Sig is not out of business. They lost one distributor. It may have been the distributors idea or it may have been Sig's, who knows. It happens all the time in the retail world due to disagreements over pricing, advertising, etc. You can always get Sig stuff from a local hobby shop, direct from Sig or at other online retailers such as www.advantagehobby.com (Advantage Hobby is great by the way)

This has been discussed in a number of threads here on RCU.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:24 AM
carrellh

If it is not a brand listed on http://www.bestrc.com the term "discontinued" at Tower usually just means they no longer sell it.

You can buy all SIG products, and other brands they stock, directly from SIG. http://www.sigmfg.com
Old 08-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Propwash-don
My Feedback: (37)

Thanks Guys for getting back. That is great because I do like their stuff.

Don
Old 08-28-2009, 06:25 PM
squeakalong
My Feedback: (8)

I saw this thread and, like you Don, was hoping SIG was still in business. Talk with Mike at SIG with any of your questions. He's been good to talk with and the service and delivery times have been great. It's just as easy to order from SIG directly.

Soft landings.

Joe
Old 08-28-2009, 09:15 PM
GaryHarris

I like Tower, and I like Sig! I spend money! Somebody needs to get their act together and stop acting like a bunch of little baby's!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: GaryHarris

I like Tower, and I like Sig! I spend money! Somebody needs to get their act together and stop acting like a bunch of little baby's!
There is really no reason to care if Sig and Tower kiss and make up or not.

Buy your Sig stuff directly from Sig. They have free shipping at $150 without joining a 'club' to get the benefit.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:06 PM
ppkk

I too, like SIG products a lot, and while I was reading this thread I realized I haven't placed any orders with Tower since they stopped carrying SIG. Meanwhile I have placed a few orders with other on-line retailers, not only for SIG but other brand products as well.

Not sure what kind of market share SIG has in the RC market, but if they have a broad and loyal customer base, this move will cost Tower money since they will loose sales for other brands as a byproduct of discontinuing SIG since most people will not split orders to take advantage of free shipping with on-line retailers. Again, that's assuming SIG has a commanding presence in the market, otherwise really doesn't matter for Tower.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It has been suggested that Tower Hobbies stopped carrying Sig products to hurt Sig in some way. Nothing could be further from the truth. Tower Hobbies has carried Sig for decades and respects Sig's products greatly. During this recent economic slowdown, Sig's ability to fill its customers’ orders has not lived up to expectations. As a result, Tower Hobbies was forced to make the very tough decision to stop advertising the line. The Sig product line has long been a favorite of modelers and Tower Hobbies strives to carry products that modelers want to buy. Once conditions change, and we all hope they do, Tower Hobbies will reconsider its decision.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our local hobby shop ower says that he can no longer get the amount of balsa that he orders from Sig. He gets maybe half of what he orders so it's forcing him to consider another supplier. A lot of us are waiting for the new batch of Rascal 110's to come out and a good parts supply but I'm not sure if that is going to happen or not. I hope Sig gets back up and running strong as they did once before.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am no expert on this but from what I understand balsa is getting more scarce as demand goes up. I've heard that all suppliers, not just Sig, are having to deal with this.