Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Formula 3D replacement

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Formula 3D replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 11:27 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Formula 3D replacement

I was just beginning to know this plane. I had a Magnum .91Fs on the nose and it was breaking really well. Power was coming up and the idle was coming down. I was just at the point of setting the throws and EXPO on it. It was on its 5th flight when it went in. Total dumb thumb figure 9. The motor needs a new head. The threads for the muffler stripped out. So I will be ordering a new cylinder head and then I can try to repair the old one.

So I am looking for a replacement plane. Something like it, does not have to be a dedicated 3D plane. I liked how this one flew at a walking pace, it flew so slow. I would like a large wing and low wing loading. I have been looking but nothing has caught my eye yet.

Thanks.

Dru.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Formula 3D replacement

blvdbuzzard,

Take a look at the Twist 60, Frenzy, U-Can-Do 60, or buy another Formula 3D. Chief Aircraft has them for $169.95. I had one a few years ago and I ran a Super Tigre .90 inverted. Great flying little plane.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66804.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1269390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32723.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1269391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67818.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1269392  
Old 09-06-2009, 12:17 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Formula 3D replacement

I picked mine up from Hobby People for $80.00 on red tag close out. I was really starting to like the plane. It had a few issues. The fuse where the tail parts go was not glued very well and mine failed on the first flight. I had to open it up and epoxy the heck out of it. The ply parts were not glued, just the 1.5mm balsa sheeting was glued.

My brother was flying it when it went in. I am torn on making him pay $170.00 for a plane I paid $80.00 for.

Thanks.

Dru.