Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Larger Revolver

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Larger Revolver

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:47 PM
mattebox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could take some measurements of the Revolver 70's fuselage. I'm trying to see if it will fit in my Honda Accord.

I'm looking for:

- Height of vertical stab from the top to the bottom of the tailwheel
- Width of horizontal stab from tip to tip
- Length of fuse from spinner to tailwheel

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:53 AM
krop
My Feedback: (19)

On my Revolver they are:
- Height of vertical stab from the top to the bottom of the tailwheel 15.75 inches
- Width of horizontal stab from tip to tip 28.5 inches
- Length of fuse from spinner to tailwheel 57.5 inches (from Tip of spinner to end of rudder)

Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 AM
mattebox

Thank you very much krop! That helps a lot.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:23 PM
mach2
My Feedback: (5)

Luchnia, All i think I would find at a swap meet in my area is stolen bikes and wire wheels for a low rider.....

That Goldwing 300 is a sweet pick up.  What did you get it for? Motor included?

That is another plane I was considering in the 30cc size.

Jeremy
Old 03-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Slow and Steady

I think the swap meets he was recommending are sponsored by RC clubs. We have one twice a year and there are all types of planes, engines and parts; and usually 15 to 30 tables or sellers. Sometimes more and the low priced stuff moves alot better then folks trying to recoup the total cost of the plane. I think most sellers no this and price accordingly.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 PM
mach2

Ill be on the look out for something like that....
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mach2

Luchnia, All i think I would find at a swap meet in my area is stolen bikes and wire wheels for a low rider.....

That Goldwing 300 is a sweet pick up. What did you get it for? Motor included?

That is another plane I was considering in the 30cc size.

Jeremy
Often times folks will drop their prices really low toward the end of the meet when they are ready to go home. I usually have a target plane, engines, or other items in mind and wait. If it goes earlier then it goes and the seller does better, but if it stays until the end you can get a fantastic deal. I probably could have got the 300 even cheaper than I did, but I wanted to make sure I gave a fair price and the seller was happy. I wound up getting it for about 40% less than dealer sale price and of course no freight involved. For me that was a great deal giving me about 200 off and the fellow I bought it from was very satisfied as well.

I even gave some stuff away at the end and sold some for dirt cheap prices rather than carrying it home and putting it back on the shelf to sit for another year. Nothing extremely high priced, but really good items that I felt would do others good and help them with their builds or help others get more involved in the hobby. I think paying it forward pays big dividends and I was blessed to give some stuff away or sell for extremely reduced prices.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Slow and Steady

We had a fellow, who was leaving the hobby, come out to the field with all of his stuf, servos, engines radios and planes and just handed them to who ever was interested. Not a bad way to move on.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 AM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

That's cool. That's how I want to go out.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Slow and Steady

Go out? I said he left the hobby! HaHa

Pilots are nice and Chief seams to carry spare parts. Don't know if they fly as good as some of the other brands, like 3D, Aeroworks or Extreme Flight. But they do look like they are built well.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Sbach342Guy

ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady

Go out? I said he left the hobby! HaHa

Pilots are nice and Chief seams to carry spare parts. Don't know if they fly as good as some of the other brands, like 3D, Aeroworks or Extreme Flight. But they do look like they are built well.
I'm very happy with the Pilot Sbach I bought a few months ago. It is extremely well built and is a great price considering all the "extras" that were included. The installed cowl ring was a really nice bonus. If you compare the Extreme Flight to the Pilot you get more value from the Pilot for LESS money. The Pilot is a little heavier than the EF Extra 300 even though the Extra is a tad bigger. The extra weight is because it is built a bit sturdier. I just had a rough landing with my Sbach that would have totaled an Extreme Flight ARF. The damage was similar to what we have all had to do with our Revolvers. My landing gear was ripped out and it did a fair amount of damage since it was mounted to aluminum L-brackets.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
mach2

I picked up this little girl for $160 with everything but Rx. Its only got the minimum motor, a os 46 ax.

It will be a fun plane to fly while im getting back into the Gasser saddle.....

The plus side is that the guy who built it put in 128 bucks worth of Hitec 645MGs!!!!!

Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13704.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	1745279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30477.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	1745280  
Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 AM
68gts
My Feedback: (2)

Thats a great flying plane!ive been flying mine for 2 years and love it!i have an os .46 sf on mine and it has plenty of power for it...i fly it mostly at 1/3-1/2 throttle...very nice sport flyer
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM
mach2

cool. I just need to get a Rx and a battery for it.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: mach2

I picked up this little girl for $160 with everything but Rx. Its only got the minimum motor, a os 46 ax.

It will be a fun plane to fly while im getting back into the Gasser saddle.....

The plus side is that the guy who built it put in 128 bucks worth of Hitec 645MGs!!!!!

Jeremy
There is a guy at one of the fields I fly at that has one. I think he has a 46ax or a 55ax. He has a good time with it and seems to be well built and reasonable sturdy.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Slow and Steady

Mach, Glad to see you will be in the air again for so little money. I bet that plane is well made, since it is a Great Planes like the Revolver. The OS 46 is icing on the cake - great engine with a 10 6 APC prop. Good Luck.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
mach2

It's pretty stinkin light. It'll be the lightest plane Ive flown for sure. I think Ill put an aluminum spinner on it and some wheel pants if i can find em just to put some lipstick on it.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
afjetmech

Between the weather and buying a house, I haven't flown my Rev70 in over two months. Today I finally get to the field with multiple planes and heli's to enjoy an entire afternoon of beautiful 75 degree N.C. weather. Start to assemble the 70 and realize my wing tube is no where to be found. Not worth the drive home and back. Just thought I'd share a little frustration. Thankfully, everything else flew good, but I was soooo looking forward to hearing that DLE 20 screaming on some full throttle passes.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 AM
68gts

Definitely put on an aluminum spinner! i put one on mine and it takes the "cheap" look away
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50724.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1745808  
Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Slow and Steady

So Mach2, were did you find it for $160 ?!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:16 PM
rolliedog12
My Feedback: (3)

I flew my Revolver 70 for the first time this week-end.  Only two clicks and it was perfect!  I now understand why you guys love this plane so much.  Only about 1/3 throttle on the 1.20ax was perfect for fun flying.  Thanks for all the info, you were the reason I decided to buy this plane!!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:07 PM
chandley43231

enjoy my friend the only problem thiat i find with the planes an here is every one at a time or nother get there confidence up soo high an try to do too much to the bird then it crashes just respect the bird an have fun im going to try to fly mine in basic imac wish me luck my buddy curt koening thinks it will be a great imac compo. plane he was able to do a very nice rolling circle with my plane he thinks if i add some exspo into the rudder for me alerons movements it will track with no adjustmnts stay tooned an glade your falling in love with a great plane lol
Old 04-02-2012, 04:03 PM
microdon2

Made a rookie mistake this weekend, I'm ashamed to admit. But I do want to share, if only so that others avoid this dumb mistake. Went to a new flying field, as a guest. Was allowed to fly, so brought two planes, my Rev 70 \ OS 120 4s and my Super Steerman \ OS 1.60 2s. I'm still flying FM \ PCM, btw. Have not had a problem caused by FM \ PCM that I know of. So I do my first flight with the Rev 70 - no problems - the plane and engine are flying great. On landing the club VP reminds me that I should mark my frequency on the FM board - so I do that, on Ch 43. 20 mins later I take off again with the Rev 70 - am just completing my first lap around the field - the plane is just passing me above the runway - when I lose control, completely. At 2\3 throttle the plane went down fast, maybe 80 ft past the flight line and other pilots, and nosed-in to the dirt. Was a mess - a total loss. Then, walking back from picking up the wreckage I'm talking to the other guys there, told them I lost radio control, and one says, "you're not on ch 41, are you?"., and I'm, "No, I'm 43..." Then it hits me ... I'm NOT 43 - I'm 41. SHXXXXXTTT!!! I messed up BIG time. Thank God no one was hit by that plane. So a VERY dumb - and embarrassing - mistake.

At least I wasn't the only crash there that day - I saw three others. And I think I know why I wasn't sure of my channel - on my other two fields there are hardly any other FM pilots. And it's been a while since I've installed a new receiver. So I might have been telling myself I"m on 43 for a while, but it didn't have any side effects, as no-one else was on 41.

So I'm pretty bummed about it. Hate doing that to a perfectly good plane, especially a Rev 70. Though, after flying my Steerman (while coordinating with the other Ch 41 pilot), evidently the club liked how I flew and did invite me to become a member. So now I'm going back to putting one of those "FM CH" flags on my antennae. Overall, ANOTHER expensive lesson learned.

The GOOD news - I think I can salvage enough from this crashed Revolver, and with another wing from an older 70 Rev, and a spare cowl, so that I can rebuild it with just a fuselage and a wingbar. (Will have to repair one wing, a fuse canopy, and still have to test the engine and the servos - hope the dirt absorbed much of the shock...). So, if all goes well, maybe only another $110 to get this plane rebuilt. We'll see.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM
microdon2

btw - I do have another Rev 70 new in the box, and I don't use the stock main landing gear, or wheel pants. So if anyone wants them they can have them - cheap! Just send me a PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Luchnia

Total bummer! I am glad you shared the experience with us because it helps us to think about these things and our experiences can help others. Most of the clubs I fly at now have mostly 2.4 systems, however a few do use the frequency pins for the older systems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.