Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 230 of 306 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 7649

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Larger Revolver

ORIGINAL: ahicks

The LARGER larger Revolver?
    Whoa!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Might have to get me one of those
    Web site is pretty sparse as to details - weight, dimensions, construction, etc.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

HA! FINALLY!! LIKE the new paint-job, too. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to specs?? Since is IS a 50-55cc size (hint hint...) I"m going to guess 84". But, judging by other 50cc planes , could be bigger. This is COOL. Thank you for listening, Great Planes. Looks like they've improved the landing gear, too. Cant' wait to get a hold of one of these.

Who's going to be first on this thread to own the Giant Revolver? (aka "G-Rev" for now??)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't own a revolver (yet anyway), but I do fly a couple DLE 20's, one in an Goldberg Obsession, the other in a Mojo 65. I found the 17-6 xoar works well for general use, but for giggles I tried a 16-8 MA 3 blade I had laying around and found I picked up considerable speed on both planes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, I want to get one of those[X(].
    Price tag is not bad either.
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if you convert to electric instead of of a 20cc gasser you ill be making a mistake.
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I already put my name on the call list
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Their "combo" package is pretty funny. It includes a chicken stick. Who the hell is going to flip a 50cc engine with a chicken stick?! On a serious note, WOW!!!! It has finally come to be, the big Revolver. Time to start the Christmas list!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

afjetmech - Just noticed in Technotes that the chicken stick is to start GLOW engines. Aren't chicken sticks pretty much used for gassers??

Another strange item - packaging a transmitter and four 3004 servos. Those servos are good for small planes and trainers, but not even close this plane. Last - the "combo savings" in this package of $1,085 is .... wait for it ... $38.15. Ha.

Not to knock it - I'm very happy this plane is finally here. Or will be soon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SigMan

if you convert to electric instead of of a 20cc gasser you ill be making a mistake.
    Have you ever actually flown electrics? There are pros and cons to gas, electric, and nitro. It has gotten to the point that it is really a personal preference. I have a gas plane, two nitros, and three electrics. Guess which planes get the most airtime? The electrics. They simply fly better than anything out there. The throttle response and light wing loading of a properly made electrinc can't be beat. I'm actually getting tempted to convert my Revolver to electric. My nitro engine has given me nothing but trouble and I can convert to electric for cheaper than I can convert to a DLE-20. Since I already have chargers and batteries I can use it is an easy decision for me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: microdon2

HA! FINALLY!! LIKE the new paint-job, too. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to specs?? Since is IS a 50-55cc size (hint hint...) I''m going to guess 84''. But, judging by other 50cc planes , could be bigger. This is COOL. Thank you for listening, Great Planes. Looks like they've improved the landing gear, too. Cant' wait to get a hold of one of these.

Who's going to be first on this thread to own the Giant Revolver? (aka ''G-Rev'' for now??)
    I'm really curious if it is a sport flyer or if they designed it more for 3D. Tempting either way. Wish they had it in the blue scheme like the R70.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sbach342 - I'm amazed at the power and speed of electrics these days. From what I see they can easily outperform nitro's and gassers. I agree it's personal taste - I prefer a combustion engine in the front. But the electric 3D planes I saw today at the field were very impressive.

On your Rev 70 - what Nitro engine are you having trouble with?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's a Super Tiger 60. To be fair, I need to inspect the fuel system. It might not be the engine. It won't hold idle properly. You can hear idle speed up and down for a minute or two before it dies. I've tried two different carbs in it with no luck. I'm really kinda liking that electrics don't require tuning. They pretty much either work or they don't. I do miss the sound and the flight times of a nitro\gas!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could also be a lack of back-pressure. Did you change out your hoses? Low and high-speed needles are set right? Fuel tank roughly on the same level as the carb? Did you try TH tech support?

Tuning nitro's \ gas can be a pain sometimes, but once you get them dialed in they're usually pretty reliable. Still, some run better than others.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SBachGuy
    You might also check the crankcase backplate. I had an engine that would lean out and die despite LS and HS adjustments. It turned out that the backplate screws were loose, and was allowing an airleak into the crankcase - variably - so the tune would change unpredictably.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really didn't try much tuning tonight to be honest. I got to the airfield around 6:00 so I didn't have much time. Fired it up and tuned the HS needle and tried to tried the lost speed rpm's. After a few attempts I gave up and switch to my electric so I'd at least get one flight before sundown. I have a spare Super Tiger 60 I'll switch in this week. Hopefully I'll have better luch this weekend.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sbach - btw - even if you do get that engine running well, my feeling is that a 60 nitro engine is too small for the Rev 70 (despite the model specs). I'd recommend at least a 75, but better a 91 2s or 4s. I'm running an OS 120 4s, and the DLE 20 has even more power than that (the best engine for this plane, I think).

From what I've seen the 60 is a good engine size for the Rev 59.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, I have an OS 55 for the R59. A 100 4s for the 70. And planning a 50 cc for the G revolver.[8D]
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And the DA-60 twin for the new GRev?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've had a 60 in two different R70's for about two years or so now. It's got plenty of power for the type of flying I did with it. It flew great as a sport plane with that engine. Actually, it was surprisingly quick. The guys at the field couldn't believe it was just a 60. The airframe is so slick that is carries speed really well. Now, if I convert it to electric I'll probably give it ePower closer to a .90 nitro. I've gpt a new cowling that I almost cut for my 60. Think I'll hold on to it for a bit till I decide what to do with the power. If I'm lucky I'll get it working this coming weekend. I really miss flying this plane!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: microdon2

afjetmech - Just noticed in Technotes that the chicken stick is to start GLOW engines. Aren't chicken sticks pretty much used for gassers??

Another strange item - packaging a transmitter and four 3004 servos. Those servos are good for small planes and trainers, but not even close this plane. Last - the "combo savings" in this package of $1,085 is .... wait for it ... $38.15. Ha.

Not to knock it - I'm very happy this plane is finally here. Or will be soon.
    I might use that chicken stick on my DLE20 if Ihad to, but anything bigger than that gets flipped with my hand inside a leather glove. Ithink someone at Towercut and pasted the combo "ingredients" from the smaller Revolver.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WO! I just spoke with Tower Hobbies about the new G-Rev - and got some specs that "just came out in their new book".

Wingspan - ... wait for it ... 90" !!!!! (holy...)
    Weight - 19.5-20.5 lbs
    Servos - High torque
    Engine - DLE 55
    Expected date - Late Sept

A 90" Revolver?? WOW!! Talk about turning heads at the field... At this price I might have to get one ASAP! (before GP realizes they can jack that price up...) The Rev90 is born!

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What????? 90, I need to get me a trailer soon[X(]
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not surprised that the new Revolver has a 90" wingspan. The R70 has a really large wingspan considering the fuse size. It's only a few inches shy of my 30cc Sbach. The Sbach has a much larger presence because of the fuse size. I'd like a top down view of the new Revolver to see the size of the control surfaces. It's definitely at a really good price point when you factor in the $50 off you would get as a TH club member.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Sbach342Guy

I'm not surprised that the new Revolver has a 90'' wingspan. The R70 has a really large wingspan considering the fuse size. It's only a few inches shy of my 30cc Sbach. The Sbach has a much larger presence because of the fuse size. I'd like a top down view of the new Revolver to see the size of the control surfaces. It's definitely at a really good price point when you factor in the $50 off you would get as a TH club member.
    I would hope for good wing surface and more along the lines of the Rev 70. The smaller Rev can be a handfull for some whereas the larger Rev is a doll baby. Hope this falls on the in-between side some especially since this is in the gas catagory. The gassers certainly lean on the torque side of the fence instead of all out speed demons for the most part. I am awaiting for more specifics to arrive