Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 238 of 310 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 7748

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Larger Revolver

Luchnia - you're right - the main color is missile red, same as Rev 59 and the red on the Rev 70. And the strip is orange. I like the new scheme - it's in line and evocative of the other Rev's but has enough changes to be different. of course, taste is personal. But I do think this plane will be very attractive - even impressive - in person.

Are you getting one? How many people here are getting one? (besides wjc and I...)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Helppppp, I can't find the video link
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The one in post #5910?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's on the Tower Hobbies and Great Planes sites.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCLCJ&P=ML

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: microdon2

Luchnia - you're right - the main color is missile red, same as Rev 59 and the red on the Rev 70. And the strip is orange. I like the new scheme - it's in line and evocative of the other Rev's but has enough changes to be different. of course, taste is personal. But I do think this plane will be very attractive - even impressive - in person.

Are you getting one? How many people here are getting one? (besides wjc and I...)
    I am like you in that I have got to get some things outta my current fleet. I don't even have a shelf to put her on at the moment. I am planning on selling a couple planes though as I don't really fly them much and they are just taking up space.

I am a guy that simply does not keep planes in boxes in my shop. I fly everything I have at some time or another during the year. If I have planes that I don't fly then I get rid of them so they can be used and not take up space - just my style when it comes to planes. I believe my current count is 8 maybe 9 planes and that is it. That is enough to keep my busy big time at the field.

I am getting ready to expand my shop so that may give me a reason to put another plane on the shelf, but I will move one if I get the 50cc Rev I am still debating whether or not I will pick one up. I am hoping some of my fellow flyers in the area will get one and I can take a look at it flying. I think I read somewhere they are slated early October. [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Luchnia
    Storage for aircraft IS a problem. I have taken to suspending mine in the garage with a rope and pulley system. They hang between the open ceiling joists, so they are pretty much out of harms way. I don't have 8-9, but even with those I have, the required shelf space would be much more than I could spare.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hang mine on the walls in my apt. Have a hook up high with a metal loop through it Then run a thin rope through that, one end goes around the landing gear (with a clasp for each disconnect) and the other wraps around a cleat screwed into the wall. This way I can hang planes on the walls above the stairs coming up to the second floor. And I have them hanging in the kitchen. And one in the hallway. Have been trying to avoid hanging them in my son's room, but at this rate...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool
    Aviation decor...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have this mental picture of how "planes in the kitchen" must look [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

microdon2 - didn't you say you were using a CRV to transport your planes? That's what I use as well, and so far, I've been able to manage. This plane though, do you think this ones going to fit?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ahicks -

I fit a 102" plane in once, though just barely. I had to slide the the passenger seat all the way forward and lay the seat-back all the way down towards the rear. Then you can slide a large fuse in, over that. But not much room for a passenger!

And yes, I guess I do subscribe to "RC Decor". Either I have too many planes or not enough rooms. Or both!!

Needless to say I'm single...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had to replace 2 Hytek HS425BB servos used on the ailerons on a OS75 AX powered 70 Revolver-one failed so I replaced bothI am now trying Dymond D5000 servosanalog with 120oz/in torque and metal gears-very quiet and smooth operation-think at 15.00 it is a great buyhave purchased 15 servos from Dymond in the past 2 weeks and checked them all out on the work bench-very quiet and smootn-the D8000 with 190 oz/in torque and metal gears is only 19.95-both are analog-I have used Hytek for several years and really like them-but don't think they are woth the extra money compared to the Dymondgoing to use the in the new Revolver as soon as I get it-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cactus - thanks for the review of the Dymond servos. I'm thinking about ordering some.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Watched the video over the week end and think it is a great looking plane. I guess it would be impossible to find a scheme that would please everyone?! After reviewing the manual, it seams like this is a well built plane. Don't know how they do it for the price.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

S&S
    Agree on the price and the apparent build quality.
    I saw the 'regular price' listed at about $120 more, so it is possible that this is an introductory special.
    If the R90 is built as well as the R70, i think it represents pretty good value, which is why i ordered one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wjc - just noticed that all of the Revolvers have a "Retail Price" that's significantly higher, so looks like more must a marketing approach. To get us to commit. Early. That said, we have seen recent price hikes on the Rev 70, so it's very possible on the Rev 90. Though I'd expect they'd want some market penetration first. Get 'em hooked!

Is that it - are we all just fish in the Great Planes sea??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Their Yak 55M is currently priced at $449. And the last time I looked, the additional shipping charge was $80. I think the price of the new Rev is consistent with the Yak 55. Do they every charge the retail price shown on Tower's site? These prices are unbelievable compared to most 50cc planes having a price of $650 to $750, with twice the shippng charge.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady

Their Yak 55M is currently priced at $449. And the last time I looked, the additional shipping charge was $80. I think the price of the new Rev is consistent with the Yak 55. Do they every charge the retail price shown on Tower's site? These prices are unbelievable compared to most 50cc planes having a price of $650 to $750, with twice the shippng charge.
    If you think about it, the plane is not priced all that far off because if you order a 50cc non-carbon fiber accessories they will run around the same price. You have to remember that the Rev 50 has aluminum gear and steel tailgear which is cheaper than carbon fiber options. From what I can tell the price is inline. If you add the carbon options you would be able to tag it with a higher price range.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When you include the the super saver price of $400 you are starting out with $250 or more on the table, plus around $70 to $170 in shipping savings. But the added carbon would definitely cut into the savings - gear is worth around $50 to $75 and tail gear is another $25. Are the tubes carbon?

Still an unbelievable deal for a beautiful sport and conventional aerobatic plane. We do have folks at our field doing 3 D with a conventional trainer - so maybe 3 D is still an option.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wjc - Have you tried to hover or any other 3D move yet?

If you put a DLE 30 on the Rev 70 you'd have power to SPARE. You'd have to use a 3 blade prop to clear the ground....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wjc - Have you tried to hover or any other 3D move yet?

If you put a DLE 30 on the Rev 70 you'd have power to SPARE. You'd have to use a 3 blade prop to clear the ground....
    A DLE 30 would be a beast on the Rev 70! [X(] I fly two 30cc models and they truck along very well, I can only imagine a 30 on the Rev 70. Have to do some beefing up in the engine box area that is for sure and might have to hang a boat anchor of the back for balance! Hmmmm....would be interesting

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Mike
    She hovered better with the 17x6 Xoar prop; bigger disk, more prop wash over the wings.
    I was out today with my 14x12 mounted, turning 8900 on the ground => 100+mph. With the smaller diameter prop, she was not very happy in a hover, with LOTS of torque roll left anytime I needed to push the power up. Just a learning curve for me to anticipate the roll and push in R aileron as i power up, rather than waiting and reacting.

Uplines are surprisingly strong. I pulled up today to well over 500', maybe 600', and she was still climbing, not slowing, and not loading up. I thought i would at some point lose that great vertical performance with the higher pitched props, but not yet. If i can find a 13x14 prop, i may well try it! Speed is intoxicating.

The flat spins, both upright and inverted, are outstanding. Nearly as good as my Extras now that i have the CG right.

High speed, low altitude passes are a blast. 600' runway, <4 sec transit time; do the math

Now that i have my iphone 5, I'll try to get some video of her flat spins.

Cant wait for the shipping notice on the R90.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wjc - very cool that you got it to hover! I"ll have to try that once I get mine back in the air. Also cool about the 14x12. I DO prefer the speed of the 15x10 over the 16x8. Guess I'll be buying a 14x12 soon.

Where exactly is your CG? And I'm looking forward to seeing your videos.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

News - the Rev 90 is now in stock!! Who's pulling the trigger first??? WJCalhoun?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

News - the Rev 90 is now in stock!! Who's pulling the trigger first??? WJCalhoun?
    I am trying to sell a plane now, then I might pull the trigger. Just have way too much in the hanger. Go ahead Micro, pull the trigger....you know you are the Revolver man.

I think it was WJ or SS had already ordered one so they should be getting it soon. It will be nice to get the full report when someone has one in hand.