Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 242 of 313 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 7805

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Larger Revolver

R59, R70, R90
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lopflyers

R59, R70, R90
    That might work, then when they come out with an R110? [X(]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I number mine. Since my Revolver fleet (when in full compliment) number two 59's and two 70's, I named them Rev 591, Rev 591, and Rev 701 and Rev 702. (and write the appropriate "1" and "2" in permanent marker on the underside of the fuse and inside edge of each wing. Else, chaos could ensue...)

Truth be told, only the Rev 702 is anywhere NEAR RTF at this moment, but I've got the boys on the line (myself) working overtime to rectify that.

And - one day - the Rev 901!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

R59, R70, R90
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tell me you got a new Saito, SigMan!
    Saito Club Member #578
    P-40 Brotherhood #62

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is a good thread on the R90 or 50cc if you are interested. I have one and love it. Flys like a dream!
    Ed Waldrop

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mike early

Actually Mike im trying out an XYZ 20cc gas engine on it. my first gas engine.
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SigMan

Ah, I made my foray over to gas and so far, I love it! I still keep some glows and I fly them. The glows have a place and the gas as well....its all good![8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Presently I am putting the finishing touches to my second R-70 with a DLE-20 installed. My first one has a Saito 91.

Have been looking for my next winter project and have even considered the R-59 with an OS fuel engine. But while looking at what OS has to offer in their engine lineup, I came across their gas OS GT 22.

Thinking that all I have read about and seen pictures of are of the folks that have put a DLE-20 into the R-70. Now, I am starting to think, why not a OS GT 22 in an R-70 ? Has anybody seen or done this combo yet ? Could prove to be an interesting combo.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You still don't have that thing in the air? I thought I was slow...
    I have no brand loyalty, not scared of any of the 20's I'm familiar with. My thought is any of them will probably outlast me with proper care care and feeding. That thought in mind, suggest you find and go with the lightest available? You've been around for a while, so thinking you might want to consider moving the CG back about 1/2" from suggested once you start settling in after the test flights. That lighter engine will be a big help doing that? Not knowing this ahead of time, I used an RCG which is about 3oz heavier than the DLE. To get the CG where I wanted it, I even had to go to a plastic spinner? FWIW, -Al

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahicks

I have no brand loyalty, not scared of any of the 20's I'm familiar with. My thought is any of them will probably outlast me with proper care care and feeding. That thought in mind, suggest you find and go with the lightest available? You've been around for a while, so thinking you might want to consider moving the CG back about 1/2'' from suggested once you start settling in after the test flights. That lighter engine will be a big help doing that? Not knowing this ahead of time, I used an RCG which is about 3oz heavier than the DLE. To get the CG where I wanted it, I even had to go to a plastic spinner? FWIW, -Al
    People aren't slow. Just have lots of time on their hands and way to many other models to fly. Finish one, then whats next ? Besides, perfection takes time.

Also its getting cold here in upstate NY. Thinking about changing hobbies over to snowblowing and skiing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what are a good size of Hitec Analog servos for the Revovler 72" ? anyone.
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Granpooba - don't tell me you don't fly in the winter... You just need some skis and a Raydiowarm (or equivalent) - flying off and landing on snow is a blast!

(plus no crowds at the field...)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saito has lots of nice gasoline engines now. There was some hiccups at first, but they've got it figured out, and how.

Now they are releasing the radials in gasoline...not that I can afford them, or anything.

But..when I do finally change over to gasoline, for sure it'll be with Saitos. Don't you remember how great they sounded, Saito Member Numero Uno?

I feel obligated to bring you back into the fold, man.
    Saito Club Member #578
    P-40 Brotherhood #62

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh i remember how good the Saito's Sound but to spend that kind of moolah on my first gasser would be re-dic.
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All

Clipped a tree coming in to land. The strip is surrounded by scrub and one end has some tall trees. Clipped one with the left wing and the Revolver dropped to the ground where the right wing hit a boulder. The wing tube shattered. You can see the end of the wing tube and the wing dent in one photo. The engine , servos etc areOK.

I now have a new kit and a tail/rudder to nail to the shed wall with a few others.

BC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp42229.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	1822869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tp46431.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	1822870  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what are a good size of Hitec Analog servos for the Revovler 72'' ? anyone.
    Analog fan here too. One of the more popular servos in 20 and 30cc planes today, analog for low power consumption, and metal gears to handle the vibration and loads imposed by a gasser:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ89&P=ML

There are less expensive options that are pretty popular though. This one pretty impressive, lots of guys having pretty good luck with them, has metal gears, is analog, and incredible torque!

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/HD-1501MG.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Granpooba

I have no brand loyalty, not scared of any of the 20's I'm familiar with. My thought is any of them will probably outlast me with proper care care and feeding. That thought in mind, suggest you find and go with the lightest available? You've been around for a while, so thinking you might want to consider moving the CG back about 1/2'' from suggested once you start settling in after the test flights. That lighter engine will be a big help doing that? Not knowing this ahead of time, I used an RCG which is about 3oz heavier than the DLE. To get the CG where I wanted it, I even had to go to a plastic spinner? FWIW, -Al
    People aren't slow. Just have lots of time on their hands and way to many other models to fly. Finish one, then whats next ? Besides, perfection takes time.

Also its getting cold here in upstate NY. Thinking about changing hobbies over to snowblowing and skiing.
    I hear that. We have a second home in Mi's northern lower (Gaylord). Do a lot of snowmobiling. 150" of snow on average annually in this snow belt area. Our snow blowing there is done with a 7' blower on the back of a tractor/loader! 600' of driveway....

STILL, there are a few days when we're down state that are clear and not too windy. We go out to the field and get a flight or 2 in when that happens, no matter the temp?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

BC.
    Sorry to see the pictures of your Large Revolver!! When they die, they go out in a bang. Get back in the air soon!! Is your engine okay??
    Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52
    Great Planes Citabria DLE 35RA CC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what are a good size of Hitec Analog servos for the Revovler 72'' ? anyone.
    Analog fan here too. One of the more popular servos in 20 and 30cc planes today, analog for low power consumption, and metal gears to handle the vibration and loads imposed by a gasser:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ89&P=ML

There are less expensive options that are pretty popular though. This one pretty impressive, lots of guys having pretty good luck with them, has metal gears, is analog, and incredible torque!

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/HD-1501MG.html

wow, 13 bucks for a metal gear servo. sounds great but worries me a bit. the Rev 70 manual says "REQUIRES: Five 50 oz.-in. (3.6 kg-cm) minimum standard torque" the HD's didnt say what kind of torque the have and the video didnt help either.
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Follow the troybuilt link, then click on the "specs." tab (default is "overview"). You'll see: "Stall Torque: 215oz-in. at 4.8v, 236 oz-in. at 6.0v" and that's not a misprint. With that kind of torque, they should handle most minimum requirements?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The specs \ price combo on this Power HD 1501 servo are impressive, and more than enough for the Rev 70 - even the Rev 90. The issue is what are we getting for this price? If it sounds too good to be true... On the other hand, at this price it still may be worth buying them and adding a spare or two.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ShuttleAU - sorry to hear about your crash. That must have hurt. The good news - looks like the tail feathers, wings and cowl are in good shape. With some minor fixing to the wings you only need a new fuse \ canopy to rebuild. (just have to use a channellock \ plyers to break the tail fuse away from the horizontal and vertical stabilizers).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ShuttleAU

Hi All

Clipped a tree coming in to land. The strip is surrounded by scrub and one end has some tall trees. Clipped one with the left wing and the Revolver dropped to the ground where the right wing hit a boulder. The wing tube shattered. You can see the end of the wing tube and the wing dent in one photo. The engine , servos etc areΒ*OK.

I now have a new kit and a tail/rudder to nail to the shed wall with a few others.

BC
    Well, at least you know what model it was, by the name on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still have not heard any comments about installing a OS GT 22 in an R-70.

Come on fellows, somebody must have some thoughts on it !