Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 252 of 313 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 7805

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Larger Revolver

I emailed Great Planes. They said to send pics and receipt and they would replace the wing.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #73

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello
    anyone face hard time with the wing tube joiner?

http://www2.gpmd.com/imagel/g/lgpma3284.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your picture is unviewable since special permission is required.

Bruce
    Bruce L. AMA# 54227
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj24157.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	1834495  
    ULTRA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #120
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Andy, I see you bought something but not sure what? Are you joining up with us here? Will you be going with gas for power?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would like to add some more on my problems with the Revolver I just bought.
    I know many of you have had lots of good things to say about the kit. Just to let you know, Lemons do sometime get through.

When I began assembling my Revolver the first thing I noticed was the Monokote was severely wrinkled on the wings and every other covered part I could see. I spent a good hour on one wing. Although I couldn’t get all the wrinkles out, it is sort of presentable now. I began by installing the aileron servos. I finished the right wing and began the left, starting by working on the wrinkles, then the servo. I had the servo in and was about to attach the control horn to the elevator when I noticed the horn did not line up with the plywood reinforcement on the aileron. After examining it I found the cutout for the servo on the left wing was ½ inch more inboard than the right. I wrote about this earlier and Great Plans has said they will replace it.

However the trouble didn’t stop there. I decided to go ahead and attach the horizontal stabilizer to the fuselage while I waited. I could not get the carbon wing tube into the wing. It would not fit into either wing, and was a tight fit in the fuselage. I had experienced this problem with a kit years ago, so I knew what to do. Using silicone spray and fine sandpaper I took off the rough spots on the wing tube. I also had to put sandpaper on a dowel and smooth the first few inches on the tube inside both wings. After a bit of sanding it finally goes in.

Then I put the wings on the fuselage and finally noticed the right wing did not have alignment pins. I thought maybe there would be dowels in the kit for us to install on the wing, but the left wing did have the pins and they were nylon. No problem, I can still use dowels on the right wing.
    I put the left wing on and slid it to the fuse. The pins did not line up and would not go in the holes on the fuselage. I looked, one was crooked, so I pulled it out to install later. However, when I tried to put the wing on again, the other pin would not go into the hole either, so I pulled it out to be replaced.
    That is as far as I have gotten so far, and that has taken two days. I have written Great Planes again telling about the problems.

I know these things happen, and so far everything can be fixed, but I seldom have so many things wrong with one airplane. Even at that, after reading what most of you have said about how great your kits were, I was very surprised at how many problems I am having.

I hope when I continue there are not any other hidden problems to come out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@RoyR :

Please see my post #6164, and @wjcalhoun's reply #6169... I received my Revolver 70" the same as yourself, with aTERRIBLE(and I have more inappropriate words than that!) covering job. It hadwrinkles in EVERY surface. Everywhere on the plane.... I am VERY DISAPPOINTED, as I have three (3) other GP planes that had very minimal wrinkles from factory??? Quality at the factory... who knows....but this should NOT get released in this condition.

I also had dents in the fuselage in two (2) places. I would rather take out wrinkles than dents, but both !! ???

MORE MADDENINGthan those two (2) problems is the fact that the ability to slide the wing panels/halves over the tube was a two (2) person job... very, very difficult.... BUT.... BUT... get this...once the two wing halves were slid onto the tube and up to the fuse, the "alignment pins", did not line-up (not even close) to the holes in the fuse!!!

I sent the whole thing back and I am waiting for a new Revolver to be delivered. I am quite disappointed with GP. I know this is a great flyer, but needless hours spent to bring a model to usable, flyable condition is deplorable.

Don
    Club Saito Member #691
    H9 Pulse XT Brotherhood #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sounds like your kit was left out under rain by UPS ro whoever sent it to you.
    you should call whoever sold it to you and tell them these problems.
    AMA # 982277
    3DHS Extra 330 SC 119" DA 170
    Bill Hempel Yak 40% DA 170
    Extreme Flight Extra 300 91" DA 60 MTW RE2
    Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle Cap DA 120
    Extreme FLight Extra 300 78" DA35 (Soon)
    Hangar 9 Extra 260 DA50
    GP Revolver 70 Saito FA1.25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow, amazing. can't believe that happened to the two of you. myself, as some others here, have had two or more of the same plane. i read were someone was one their 4th one, i think. none of my planes had any problems like this. this is very bad news for GP.
    can the two of you check to see if you purchased it from same place. i bought mine from graves rc, in Florida.

i do say, i did purchase a 1/3 scale eagle cap, GP, from tower hobbies (sadly to say, i purchased the plane twice), but both times, the elevators do not align well, hard to explain what i mean. but i contacted them and they told me they would send me out a new one, i never got it.
    AMA # 982277
    3DHS Extra 330 SC 119" DA 170
    Bill Hempel Yak 40% DA 170
    Extreme Flight Extra 300 91" DA 60 MTW RE2
    Great Planes Matt Chapman Eagle Cap DA 120
    Extreme FLight Extra 300 78" DA35 (Soon)
    Hangar 9 Extra 260 DA50
    GP Revolver 70 Saito FA1.25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Al,

I was just playing, that was the Revolver with all the discounts. I have to many things already, don't know what to do with another. I have several unfinished kits, a NIB Seagull YAK, a very hard to come by Wild Hare Baby Edge, and a few other things. Way to much stuff! I am watching the little engines in two other threads though!

Andy
    ULTRA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #120
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, @Ortho, you're right... I have never received a model kit/arf in this kind of condition... my hypothesis would be it was in a hot truck (certainly not around here ~35* out)... maybe that caused all the wrinkles, but the alignment issue was totally on mfr.   Nothing much I could have done with that.

It was bought online, thru Amazon, but distributed by Best Service Stores.    My wife had a $100 Amazon Gift Cert., and she used that to buy this for my birthday (12/24).   It got here late, Best Services takes 2-3 days for processing alone... get that !    Never EVER buy from Best Services, since they do not even deliver on their OWN NAME !  lol.

I called, explained the issue, no problems with the return, but I am a bit concerned how long it will take to get here, long process time still in effect, snow storms across USA, and time always goes by slow when your waiting on a new plane!!   

I let you know how it all works out.   All of my other planes have been purchased either at my LHS or through Tower or Horizon Hobbies.

I guess there is a first time for everything!  If the new one comes to me in a wrinkled mess or any other issue that is beyond normal/expected ( a few wrinkles)... it goes back, and negative feedback will be posted to their site, Amazon's site, and I will write to GP.

I will keep you abreast of the situation.

Just a quick thanks to WJC for his help.

Don
    Club Saito Member #691
    H9 Pulse XT Brotherhood #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought mine from Tower Hobbies. Since I have already began working on it, I doubt I could send the whole thing back. I'm still waiting for conformation from Great Planes that they will replace the bad wing. The other problems are a nuisance, and the left over wrinkles won't look that good, but I can get it together. I told my wife that a couple of days out at the flying field and it would be scratched up anyway.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thinking out loud: I have had about 10 ARFs from Great Planes and Top Flite. All were ordered directly from Tower which is the on-line retail operaterion for Hobbico. TF and GP are also Hobbico divisions. When they receive a shipment, it goes to the Hobbico warehouse in IL. If a LHS orders it, it shipped to the LHS and he stores it at his shop until sold. An online retailer will also have to store it at their facility under what ever conditions their facility supports. It is then shipped to the customer from their facility. When I order from Tower, it is shipped directly to me from the Hobbico warehouse bypassing the third party storage and shipping. Like I said I have had a number of TF and GP ARFs and all were ordered directly from Tower and all arrived in good to excellent shape. The third party routing could explain the covering problems encountered but not the other ones. I would like to know what is going on.

Bruce
    Bruce L. AMA# 54227
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And to re-emphasize, I don't have a problem with Tower or Great Planes. I've spent thousands with Tower, and am usually happy with Great Planes.
    It's just this particular kit that is giving me fits.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i only live about 3 hours from Towers warehouse. and my stuff has always got here fast and in very good shape for over 20 years. Thanks Tower ! by the way are you hiring ?
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sbach rebuild is done. Now I just need to decide if I will keep the DLE or go electric. The lightning bolts re-applied pretty well. The lightning bolt on the left side is buggered up a little in one small area. Overall it looks fantastic. Everything seems to line up correctly so I don't think it is twisted or anything. If I convert to electric the Revolver and the Sbach might be able to share the 6s batteries.

Attached Images Attached Images

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wonder if GP moved their QA focus from the Rev 70 to the Rev 90. Haven't heard of any QA issues on that model yet. The wrinkles are bad enough, but no excuse for the alignment issues.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Regarding the alignment pins, I have to wonder if those wings were the same ones that were imported with that fuse? In other words, could that plane have a replacement fuse or wing set in it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahicks

Regarding the alignment pins, I have to wonder if those wings were the same ones that were imported with that fuse? In other words, could that plane have a replacement fuse or wing set in it?
    Has anyone ever tested the incidence of their Revolver? I just got a laser incidence meter but have yet to use it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

btw - there's also a recent post in the "New Great Planes Revolver" thread about a new Rev 59 that had such bad wrinkles out of the box that it was laughable. Could be a trend??

The nice thing about buying from Tower is that they stand behind their product, usually no questions asked. They gave me a new DLE 55 when the engine failed approximatey 4 months after their repair. Sent me 2 pairs of replacement ailerons for my Revolver 59. And after receiving a 75 AX that had a grinding sound, they sent me a replacement before I sent the 1st one back. For me their service over the last 7 years has been exceptional.

Regarding the separation of a servo lead to the receiver. I use floss to wrap and secure all receiver connections. I also fill any open channel slots with left over servo plugs so that the floss doesn't stress any connections. It has worked really well so far.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Large revolver ??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl28595.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	1834904  
    When ever I feel like expressing my own opinion... I just ask an RCU moderator. Better safe than sorry I always say.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wahoo

Â*Large revolver Â*??

Looks like the CG may be off some

Fellow flyers, I understand that Tower also has a warehouse out west, where temps are much hotter, so that may explain why the wrinkle problems are appearing. I to, have had some wrinkle problems with the last couple kits that I have purchased from them. I hate the fact that it takes me longer to get the wrinkles out of the covering that it does to build!! [>:]
    If you have to bend over more than once, it wasn't a good landing....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Really! I love those that can think "out of the box", but c'mon, that thing's not going to fly worth a darn!