Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 311 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Larger Revolver

ChuckW;

Good luck on your first flight. You are going to love it!!!!!

Sonny
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52
    Great Planes Citabria DLE 35RA CC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dan;

Stay out of the man cave, you are having to much fun!!!!

Sonny
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jet22b

Dan;

Stay out of the man cave, you are having to much fun!!!!

Sonny

Na .. never can have too much fun. Just need to keep the balance between family and playing.

I was at the field again today. My support gear was giving me a hard time .. 2 fuel pumps bad .. I overcharged my Spektrum and blew the fuse inside .. bla bla bla ... After that was all fixed I figured I'de mess around with prop sizes.

Super Tiger .90

13X6 been running this one since 1st flight .. best speed , engines happy.. gets to the clouds in a hurry
    13X8 - Ehhh Less speed .. better uplines .. Take offs in 15FT not too impressed though with overall performance
    12X8 - Felt mushy .. speed was just ok after I built ..

Sorry , I didn't take any kind of scientific measurements .. i.e. rpm and speed of plane.. Didn't have time for all that today..

So .. the winner so far for me is the 13X6 ..

I'll keep messing with prop sizes .. next time I'll use the rpm meter

btw .. like a 7mph headwind today... I can now make this land directly in front of me .. Seriously , this is (almost) the easiest landing planes I have. Very predictable flipthe switch into landing mode .. spoilers come up to 30% ..if you need more throttlethey decrease to0% ..lovin it..

Later,

Dan

Having lots of fun with this one guys..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dan, when you say that your spoilers come up to 30% i do not know what that means. is it flaperons are being used at 30% down? help me out, i want to do what your talking about. happy flying, capt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: capt1597

dan, when you say that your spoilers come up to 30% i do not know what that means. is it flaperons are being used at 30% down? help me out, i want to do what your talking about. happy flying, capt
    Sure .. Here's what I mean :

Spoilers = Both aileron halves to up

Flaps = Both aileron havles go down.

They , at the same time act as regular ailerons .. hence we could use the term "flaperons"

Programming:

on optional mix in Spektrumxmitter.

throttle >>flap0
    rate: 0% high
    +60% low
    Flap0 switch= on

offset:0

By flipping the flap switch on at low throttle you will get maximum up spoiler . As you move the stick up to mid stick the spoilers will decrease oe go down to "normal flying position"

This method makes it easy on a missed landing without having to start fumbling aound for the flap switch... punch the throttle and everything is back to normal ..

Hope this clears things up .. I can't say enough about how important this mix is to have for a troublefree SLOWlanding.

Later,

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW this is cool. i have used flaperon mode as flaps (down) but have never been aware of this spoiler application. are there any side affects such as early tip stall that i should be aware of. does one use a little more throttle against the braking action of the spoilers until flair-out or are there any special instructions for strong head winds on windy days. ( i like windy day flying) it is alwas fun learning something new and incorperating it into one's abilities. happy flying, capt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are a couple quick cell-phone shots of the finished airplane. It is on the charger right now getting ready for tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be much fog in the morning; I'm anxious to fly it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ax73219.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	1326941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn41097.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	1326942  
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #13*

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: da Rock

If it builds to the advertised weight, and with that 70" wingspan, don't you think it'd benefit from an engine a bit larger than the 60-75 two-stroke suggested?

The OS91FX fits where an OS61 or OS75AX can fit.
    for the 70" the engines listened there a tower are under power!!! for a fast patter as the revolver. the .91 or YS100 will be great on that baby. Also a 120 4 stroke!!!!!!!!! bad-*****. Most of my friends with the normal size reolver has the .72 4 strokes O.S. and it really fun.
    OMP Extra 300 100cc - DLE111
    AW Extra 300 50cc - DLE55
    PM Sbach 300 30cc - DLE30 V2
    3DHS Extra 47\"
    Futaba 12z

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Both of my revolver are on the charger as I type this, but, the weather for tomorrow is cold!!! Bright sun and no wind, but the high temp will only be 32 deg F. So that mean the temp at the club field will be between 25 to 29 deg F!! I got to buy one of those TX Glove that I see some of the RC flyers from across the pond use!!
    Have fun ChuckW!! You are going to love it!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've cut holes in gloves at the thumbs and fore fingers before.....

We have a wood-burning stove at our clubhouse. Tomorrow is going to be cold here, too. But it's dark every day when I get off work so I have to....
    Saito Club Member #578
    P-40 Brotherhood #62

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: capt1597

WOW this is cool. i have used flaperon mode as flaps (down) but have never been aware of this spoiler application. are there any side affects such as early tip stall that i should be aware of. does one use a little more throttle against the braking action of the spoilers until flair-out or are there any special instructions for strong head winds on windy days. ( i like windy day flying) it is alwas fun learning something new and incorperating it into one's abilities. happy flying, capt

I don't find there to be any braking action with spoilers up .. It simply decreases wing area , less lift .. If I need to go longer I just blip the throttle .. and guess what ? It just stays on track without the porpoise effect. Today, I landed everytime directly in front of me using it. Try it 3 mistakes high and see how it reacts to your style of flying

On a plane that has tendencies to tip stall or stall for that fact , one would use flaps (down) , such as a warbird.

In 3d flying .. the manuver "elevator" uses spoilers mixed with up elevator. The plane will fall out of the sky , steeply, alpha nose high without the wing rock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

Here are a couple quick cell-phone shots of the finished airplane. It is on the charger right now getting ready for tomorrow. Hopefully there won't be much fog in the morning; I'm anxious to fly it.

looks nice! These things look even fast on the bench.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I flew it 4 times today. It may take a week to wipe the smile off my face.

It needed a couple clicks of left aileron after takeoff and it was flying straight as an arrow. It's precise, crisp, fast, whatever you want it to be. Knife-edge had a little roll in the rudder direction but not enough to make much difference. The thing could probably fly around in a knife-edge all day. Best part is, it slows down much better than the little Revolver. After a couple bouncy landings I figured out that the plane could slow way down and do a nice, gentle 3-point landing. It seems to like the 3-point rather than touching the mains first in my opinion.

The OS 1.10-FSa is outstanding too. Easy starts, tons of power, no deadsticks and no goo all over the plane at the end of the day. With a 14x8 APC it hauls the plane straight up as long as you want it to.

If anyone from Great Planes is reading this thread, the person(s) who designed this one deserve a raise.

If anyone is thinking about this airplane.... GET ONE.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #13*

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got to love it Chuck..

It's a keeper for sure . Glad to hear that all went well on your maiden. It was raining in connecticut this AM and now we have a rain/snow mix .. so no flying this weekend.

Later,

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ChuckW;

Congrat on your first flight!!!!![sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
    I did go to the field today and fly, but, the cold weather and a 4 stroke do not mix. First flight of the day, I let the engine run at mid throttle to warm up for 3 min, taxi out for takeoff, on climb out the engine die!![&o] Dead stick landing was a snap. Back at the pit, the engine would not start, change glow plug, still did not start!! Change the onboard glow system battery, still no start!! Pack it back into the SUV and took out the small one.

See ChuckW, we told you not to buy this plane!!! Now you are hook!!!
    Congrat again and have fun with this bird!!
    As for the smile, it will never go away, because the next you fly her, it will come back!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just got my Revolver yesterday. This thing looks amazing. I am gonna run a 61FX in it. I see a few comments about the way the gear is mounted. Are they ripping out because of the weight of the larger engines? I would like to remedy the problem before it happens! Any other things I should look for while building it?
    I try, I really do!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PmikeyG

Just got my Revolver yesterday. This thing looks amazing. I am gonna run a 61FX in it. I see a few comments about the way the gear is mounted. Are they ripping out because of the weight of the larger engines? I would like to remedy the problem before it happens! Any other things I should look for while building it?
    My thoughts on the gear:

since it's a split gear I feel that a strap connecting both would be sufficiant. (see my previous posts on what I did).
    It has really nothing to do with the larger engines. More to do with the myth that these land too hot , which this bigger size does not.

Later,

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PmikeyG

Like with any new ARF, you should "Drip" thin "CA" into ALL accessible construction joints. Just make sure your CG is back 5-1/2" to 5-3/4" & this baby will land like a "Butterfly with sore feet" (just IMHO)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys! Just want to make sure she is right before I fly her.
    I try, I really do!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well I think I found my new sunday flyer.I lost my ultrastick 60 after 4 long seasons with it.the new revolver looks like the ticket.I have an older os90 2 stroke that would fit well and kick ass.cant wait for someone to make some video. It reminds me of several old planes like the J&J eyeball with swept wing.either way it should be fun.I have a 1.08 but thats in my funtana .anybody going to do a build thread>?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

youtube.com/frankeldan for video

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just made the mistake of putting a Sullivan's tail wheel on mine. Had to modify the tail section to support it! Cut out the balsa and added some 1/4" ply....holy crap, what a p.i.t.a.!
    I try, I really do!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did the Sullivan Tail wheel on my Revolver 46. I think I managed to fit a piece of ply with inserts through the slots where the horizontal stab goes and then used machine screws to clamp and glue. I remember it being a pain.

I'm holding off buying this one until after the holidays, but I'd probably do the Sullivan tail gear again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,
    I am thinking of getting this plane but have a few questions :
    1. Will this airplane help me learn some 3D manouevers ? Flatspins, Harriers etc ?
    2. Would a OS .91 FX be a good powerplant for this ? I have one of these engines with me and would like to use.
    3. Would this plane be faster than a GP Extra .60 i have ? ( with a 91FX ) ?

Thanks for helping me decide !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,
    I am thinking of getting this plane but have a few questions :
    1. Will this airplane help me learn some 3D manouevers ? Flatspins, Harriers etc ?
    No

2. Would a OS .91 FX be a good powerplant for this ? I have one of these engines with me and would like to use.

Yes

3. Would this plane be faster than a GP Extra .60 i have ? ( with a 91FX ) ?

Yes

Get a U-Can-Do for beginner 3D

Page 7 of 311 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast