Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 8 of 306 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Larger Revolver

I got my revolver 60 about a week ago and also trying to decide on A good power option .
    after takeing a good look at it i think a 60 two stroke would fly it ok but a plane that looks this fast has a 70" span and can weigh over 9lbs. demands at least a os 75ax but i am leaning towards A 90 two stroke for mine. a saito 125 is lighter than the 75 two strokes but the price of all glow motors is going thru the roof .

i have had good luck with thunder tiger motors and they have the 91pro for $170.00 at lhs. may be my best option .

the electric power setup recomended sounds good up until the batterey a pair of 3 cell 3200ma. in series making a 6 cell with only 3200ma. of capacity. flight time could only be 6 min. with power management.
    thats the same batt. setup they call for in the small revolver and the new gp extra 300sp .46 size.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A .90 2s is a fine choice for this model. Also a .91 to 1.25 4s would be a nice choice but don't expect the speed that you would get out of the 2s.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone else besides me look at the Revolver cowl and thing it sure would be sweet with a twin in it? Maybe an OS FT-120 or the FT-160 that replaced it? The main problem is that those engines weight a good 10-12 ounces more than a single cylinder 4-stroke so there would be balancing and increased wing loading issues. I just think it would look and sound nice though.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #13*

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How would you say the Revolver 60 flies when compared to a Twist 60?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DenverJayhawk

Twist: Very "floaty" due to wide, thick wing, very agile with extremely quick response to stick input, not precise at all, insane roll rate, can land like a blimp practically, somewhat capable of basic 3D maneuvers. It is basically a fun-fly airplane.

Revolver: Fast, feels "locked" and stable as if it is on a rail, very precise, smooth, graceful, excells at traditional aerobatics, little to no coupling in knife-edge. To me it's like flying a hybrid between a fast, stable warbird, a pattern plane and a nice sport plane.

There really is no comparison between the two, they are basically two completely different kinds of airplanes. Sort of like the difference between a monster truck and a great handling sports car. Both are extremely fun, just in very different ways.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DenverJayhawk

Are you serious?

It's like comparing apples and oranges. The only thing in common is they are a fruit.

Revolver - fast, precision, point it and that's where it's gonna go. Did I mention that it's fast?

Twist - 3d machine- Ment to drive slooowwwww. Loopidy loops, blenders till your eyes are red, walls, hovers ..can land in a hover yippee ..

I have a .40 size twist and I just finished building a twist150 with a saito 180 in it.. Can't wait to fly it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now I have both of the Revolvers and when the weather is fine, that get alot of flying time. Doing knife edge is a blast, rolls are a joy, big and small loop are sweet. Doing low invert pass at over 100 mph is so sweet!!!! Now I have look at the Twist 60 and almost pick one up before I saw the Revolvers. I may still pick up the Twist 60, but right now I am have to much fun with the Revolvers I hopw we get a break in the weather for tomorrow, so I can have some fun!! Both Revolvers will go on the charger tonight!!
    I know the wife will be mad at me for not going xmas shopping with her tomorrow, but she knew I was a flying nut when she said "I Do"!!!!!!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got in 3 more flights on mine today. Did I mention that I REALLY like this airplane? It just flys no naturally and doesn't seem to want to do anything unusual. I still can't say enough about the 1.10-FSa either. It's just as happy pulling the airplane straight up as it is straight and level and no slime all over the plane at the end of the day. I might actually buy another Revolver to stash.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ChuckW;

Pickup the small revolver and have the tag team!!! I have both and I fly them more than any other I have in my fleet. Happy to hear how much you enjoy this plane!! We told not to buy, but now you are hook!!! If we don't get some good weather soon, I will have to pull the battery out of both and put them to bed for the winter.
    Oh well have fun!!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I flew mine yesterday. Only three flights so far. It flies great. I flew it around mostly to break-in the Saito 125. The engine was slobbering rich, but seams to be the perfect combo. Hope to fly it tomorrow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice Combo .. My favorite engine is the saito 1.25 ..

Glad to hear everything went well. Isn't this a sweet plane?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If Great Planes read this thread, they know they have a winner on their hands with this bird!!! They went small and than large, what next??? Gas 3D????
    I know I will not be the only Revolver at my fly field next spring!!! I just may pickup two more and store them on the top shelf in the workshop so the wife don't find them!!!
    If she do, one quick question to everyone, do someone have a dog house for rent???

Merry Xmas Everyone!!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If they do a giant scale suitable for a 40cc-50cc engine, I will be the first in line to buy. How about one designed around the new OS .55 gas engine?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sonny,

I'm Always in the doghouse. I have plans for one if you need one.

We actually call our workshops "the doghouse"

My buddy just gave me a rossi .61 , rear exhaust engine.. turns 18 to 19k .. Need to find something suitable for this one. It needs to have room for the tuned pipe out the back. Sundowner?

Happy Holidays to all .. we got 12" of snow last night , so the flying season is over and time to take it indoors with the indoor fun flys our club has.

Later,

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Snow? Flying season over? SKIS MAN!!!!!
    Club Saito Member #600

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Been thinking about the skis.. It's still cold out though. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

bought a 12X10 and a 12x12 prop for my .90. Need to try them out. so far the engine has been happy with a 13X6

Anybody out there with a Os 55ax ? i bought 1 for my F-20 tigershark and I'm wondering the best prop for it. I'm thinking of a 10X10.

Happy holidays to all.

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: frankeldan

Been thinking about the skis.. It's still cold out though. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

bought a 12X10 and a 12x12 prop for my .90.* Need to try them out. so far the engine has been happy with a 13X6

Anybody out there with a Os 55ax ? i bought 1 for my F-20 tigershark and I'm wondering the best prop for it. I'm thinking of a 10X10.

Happy holidays to all.

Dan
    Dan;
    I have the OS 55AX on the small Revolver turning a Master Airscrew 12x6 prop and she blast through the air!!! Right now I am runing 15% nitro in her but I do have some Wildcat 30% and the weather is good today for some flying, so I will run a tank of 30% and let you know the max rpm with this prop setup. Also will be playing with other props on the OS 91FS ( 4 stroke ). Right now I have a 14x6 on the plane. Takeoff are nice, but, inflight, she is slow!!! Ask her to climb and it will stall!! Level flying, max power and she is right at landing speed. I tac her on the ground and was getting 10,100 rpm and very hard pulling. Maybe the wife let me buy a YS 1.10 4 stroke for my baby???
    On well off to the field to have some fun. No wind, no rain, no snow, lots of sunshine and today tem wil be a hot 51 deg F!!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

jet, i am a big fan of the os 91 fx. on the os web page , on the 91 fx parts page, you can go to a tec. page. there it is explained that the recomended props in the original manual are changed. this engine needs to scream to achieve its potential. a 14x6 is too much prop. to make a long story short, a 13x6 is max. i too would also try a 12x8. one needs to get the rpm's well into the 12 to 13 thousand range. she is rated to 16! a perry pump is a nice add on. also agreat prop increases its potential. i am a fan of Vess props. happy flying, capt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

opps i was thinking you were talking 2 stroke. my mistake. i will say that i like a 13x8 over 14x6 prop on my os 91 fs four stroke that is on h9 p51. also a perry pump will boost the 91 fs. four stroke happy flying ,capt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try an APC 14x8 or Graupner 13.5x8 or 14x7 on the .91 four stroke. All seem to work well and should get the revolver hauling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ChuckW;

Thanks for the prop info!! I will try all of them!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Anyone have any photos of their Saito 125 install?
    Cheers BH
    AMA #872535 Club Saito Member #570
    www.skysharksrc.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well guys,

I went snow flying today. Cold out .. 20 degrees.. Had fun except for crashing my Funjet. Had a sticky aileron and I put in into a pavillion roof doing over 100 mph. Battery demolished and I lost the spektrum reciever in the snow.. Don't you just love this hobby.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would think the new OS 95AX would be the perfect engine for this plane. I decided to buy the Phoenix Extra 330 from Tower instead of the Revolver. That $125.00 delivered price is hard to pass up. The Extra's landing gear mount is strong also. The real problem with the new OS95 AX is the price. They are selling for $10.00 more than the 120AX.WOW. If you guys keep running the engine size up in this little plane eventually you will need a fuel injected small block Chevy engine. And you thought you had landing gear problems now eh?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just bought a 95ax from tower for my Big Stik 60. They're running a $60 off promo for orders over $300. So it made it a little easier to swallow the price. Plus I was tired of trying to tune the other 90 sized Chinese engine I had on it. I just decided it was worth the investment as I'll keep the 95ax for a long, long, time and I plan to stay in 60 sized models. Agree it's expensive though. Could have bought 2 ST90s for the less than I paid for the 95AX.

Will the Phoenix Extra fly similar to a Twist 60? I'm guessing it will be a little quicker due to the thin wing but should have the same 3D capability?

Page 8 of 306 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast