Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New Great Planes Shoestring

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New Great Planes Shoestring

Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 AM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Shoestring

Yes, flew mine a couple weeks ago, and am loving it still. There is another thread discussing CG on this bird...move it back to slow the plane down for landings, but don't go too far and get a touchy elevator. It's such a pretty bird on the ground and in the air, and just looks so classic/classy flying by low and fast. Running an OS 70 Surpass II in mine...quiet and medium quick, but not a screamer. Great sport aerobatics. Big loops ARE nice with this one, agreed. Jon
Old 09-17-2011, 06:26 PM
RealViking
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Shoestring

I finally got to maiden my Nelson 40 equipped Shoestring today.
With a 9x6 APC she was turning 20K +, I took of from grass with no problems and after a nervous first flight trimming her and reducing the throws for the second flight she was great fun to fly. Really fast with the Nelson, No carburator meant you had to throttle down (10K RPM) and set her up for landing then cut the throttle and deadstick like a Q500.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80636.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1663553