Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Problems loading Avatar

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Problems loading Avatar

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:38 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problems loading Avatar

After ten years of trying, I'm finally asking for help. I've tried and triedbut all I ever see when I try to upload my photo for my avatar is "FILE TOO LARGE!!", which is a load of cr^p because I've reduced it in size now until it's a jpeg that's 18 X 30 pixels. Not only is it NOT too large, it's now TOOSMALL.

I've been going back in every now and then for a good10 YEARS, and it's always the same thing.

Yet I see guys uploading MOVING Avatars, so it's a little frustrating to me at this point. I want to have an Avatar.

HELP!

Old 01-10-2010, 01:54 PM
IAMKAOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems loading Avatar

cannot help you with that problem but for years i would get e-mail notifications when anyone responded to a thread that i posted or replied on rcu. but that all stopped also. it also happened to a lot of others also. it was blamed on my isp but they were not the problem. someone told me that rcu changed their utilties format or something like that and thats when it started. i have tried for 2.5 years to get my notifications restored but to no avail. i'm probably wrong but i believe the rcu system is just overloaded. one of my flying buddies made a few attempts to get a avatar on rcu also but just gave up.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:30 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

I have had the very same problem that You speak of. I have no answers. Maybe someone can help. It seems that others have it figured out!
ORIGINAL: TexasSkyPilot

After ten years of trying, I'm finally asking for help. I've tried and triedbut all I ever see when I try to upload my photo for my avatar is "FILE TOO LARGE!!", which is a load of cr^p because I've reduced it in size now until it's a jpeg that's 18 X 30 pixels. Not only is it NOT too large, it's now TOOSMALL.

I've been going back in every now and then for a good10 YEARS, and it's always the same thing.

Yet I see guys uploading MOVING Avatars, so it's a little frustrating to me at this point. I want to have an Avatar.

HELP!

Old 01-10-2010, 02:55 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IAMKAOS,

Go up and click on "My Account" , then click on the "Forum Settings" tab. Go down to the area that says E-MAIL and click on the one that says to send you notices. Remember to go to the bottom of the page and click on "Apply" before you hit okay and leave. That should take care of your problem, I think. You should start getting notices. There is also an area for other settings like PMs and stuff, you can choose them as well. There's also a "Subscription Preference area where I always choose; "Notify me once per thread until I visit the thread again".

Hope that helps.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:38 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

I tried it, it didn't help. ThankYou anyway.

IAMKAOS,

Go up and click on "My Account" , then click on the "Forum Settings" tab. Go down to the area that says E-MAIL and click on the one that says to send you notices. Remember to go to the bottom of the page and click on "Apply" before you hit okay and leave. That should take care of your problem, I think. You should start getting notices. There is also an area for other settings like PMs and stuff, you can choose them as well. There's also a "Subscription Preference area where I always choose; "Notify me once per thread until I visit the thread again".

Hope that helps.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 PM
IAMKAOS

thanks. i just tried that. i'll see what happens now...thanks again....with this windows vista and norton virus its always blocking something. and i use yahoo as a isp and they are nortorius for changing things on your pc
Old 01-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Lnewqban

................I've reduced it in size now until it's a jpeg that's 18 X 30 pixels. Not only is it NOT too large, it's now TOO SMALL.

HELP!

TexasSkyPilot,

I have just checked my avatar; it is a JPEG image, 1593 bytes, 85 x 37 pixels.

I don't remember how I uploaded; may be an Administrator could help you if you PM him.