Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Goldwing RC

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Goldwing RC

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:08 PM
stangevil29
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldwing RC

Does anybody have any first hand experiance with the goldwing RC aircraft? I had mentioned about someone making a 30cc ultimate in another thread and I was told that Goldwing made one. After looking at what little info they have on the goldwingrc website i'm curious. I know dietrich sells goldwing but found no mention of the ultimate. Any info would be great. Thanks
Stangevil29
Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 PM
RedwingRC

Default RE: Goldwing RC

Hey Stangevil, just saw this message pop up in a search - I'm getting in some of the 30cc pitts if you are interested.i will be carrying Goldwing planes, as well as some custom redwing ones.There is another vendor carrying the 30cc mx2, but BEcareful on the landing gear on that one.They are not reinforced and will rip out on you. They were a small batch of my prototypes that Ihad them improve a few things (the gear being one).They weren't supposed to sell those in the USbut apparently did

Old 07-21-2010, 08:50 AM
stangevil29

Redwingrc,
Thanks for the reply. I had been looking for a true 30cc ultimate for a while, thats why I asked when I heard about goldwings. With all the 30cc'ish engines available nowadays I was pretty excitied. I love bipes and really loved the ultimates I have had in the past. It unfortanetly seems to be a lot like nitro planes version which I (personally) will stay away from.
Stangevil29
Old 07-21-2010, 12:54 PM
jbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of our guys are flying the 50cc Yaks and they look and fly good. I was so impressed with the total package that I bought a 100cc Yak. MileHighRC is carrying them, although I'm not sure if he has bipes or not. What impressed me the most is the hardware that came with them. I thought like you they were cheap Nitro quality but after more detailed inspection I can tell you they are much better quality than that. Give Mike a call at MileHighRC and he can tell you what he has coming in as I know he has a container in route right now loaded with GoldWing planes. Jerry.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:58 PM
RedwingRC

Hey Stangevil

You're welcome, and if I can answer any questions just let me know.  They are definitly not like the nitro planes.  Built a lot lighter stronger better hardware, and ultra cote, styrofoam turtle decks, finished cock pits, etc etc etc. 

These planes are superior to most planes that are in direct competition with them.  Out of curioustiy, what reminds you of the nitro planes exactly.  I can't hardly find a similarity expect they both have wings, lol!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:55 AM
stangevil29

I had only contacted them about the ultimate as that is the only one I would be interested in. I had several different answers to the dimensions of the plane. And not getting an answer to when any may be available or if they will at all. It may have just been the language barrier but, from what I gathered it was close to being a nitro ultimate with different hardware. I hope I'm wrong because I would eat the tires off it to get one that is truely a 30cc ultimate and not just a 1.20 size that I could cram a 30-40cc engine into. Which I have been contemplating as is. As of right now I have two planes on the bench waiting for the yd-a 38 to come out. 1/4 Super Decathlon and the 1/4 Kangke Waco.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:06 AM
RedwingRC

Hey Guys -

My planes are in stock and ready to go as of today! Contact me with any questions. Order yours soon - I only have a few of the 50cc Pitts and Sbachs (Less than 10 each!) Will get more of those in but not till winter