Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Decathlon ARF engine choice

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Goldberg Decathlon ARF engine choice

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 04:29 PM
Ozzy37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Decathlon ARF engine choice

I've searched through all of the post on engine choices for this bird but for the most part they are at least ten years old. I have a 2s .75 on hand but with the cost of glow fuel I'm seriously considering a 15cc Evolution GX gas keeping in mind that I'm going to have to reinforce the firewall. Not going to be flying 3d with it that's why you have a throttle, as said before just looking at fuel cost. Any thoughts from anyone?

Oz
Old 10-25-2016, 10:57 AM
deanz406
My Feedback: (28)

Hi Ozzy- I also have the Goldberg Decathlon, and mine is powered with a Super Tigre .51- 2 stroke, and provides more than enough power to fly this plane. I usually just cruise around and can do loops, rolls, and and all of the pattern routines easily. When i'm just cruising, I'm usually at 1/4-1/3 throttle, and with a 14oz tank. i can get 20 min flying time easily on a tank, and still have some left in the tank. An Os 46 FX/AX will fly it with authority if it's built light. Don't underestimate the fuel efficiancy of a 2 stroke, but the bigger ones will use a lot more fuel. My plane weighs around 7#, and performs well with the .51. Let us know what u decide-- Dean
Old 10-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Ozzy37

Thanks Dean, not sure how much I can do with the weight, it's an ARF. I have about decided to go ahead and use the. 75 glow as most of the planes I have are glow. Quite a few gutter pipe combat birds that use .25 glow so with that in mind gonna have to buy fuel anyway.