Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Giant GP Revolver???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I'd love one
88.24%
No thanks
11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Giant GP Revolver???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Giant GP Revolver???

A smaller gasser would be great but so would something for a nice 50cc. There are a lot of low cost 50's out there now that run very good.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:15 AM
ChuckW

I know GP is aware of this thread but let's make sure they get flooded with suggestions too: http://www.greatplanes.com/suggest-a-plane.html

If enough people express interest, you never know...
Old 03-01-2010, 08:08 AM
DougV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Oberst

I voted no, I would like GP to come back out with some of their original models before coming out with new ones. That's just me.

Pete
Like the Patriot 40

I voted yes, but I will love to see that Patriot kit again.

Doug.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 AM
CustomPC

Well, now that the Tower/Great Planes/OS consortium have the new OS 55cc Gas engine it's a natural decision to design a Revolver around it, don't you think?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:04 AM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

I think a big, fast 50cc Revolver would be pretty cool. A pipe tunnel would be a must. Hmmm...might hafta do some reading up on 50cc pipes and prop combos for speed....

I, for one, like the color scheme on the 70" Revolver much better than the smaller one.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:06 AM
ChuckW

ORIGINAL: CustomPC

Well, now that the Tower/Great Planes/OS consortium have the new OS 55cc Gas engine it's a natural decision to design a Revolver around it, don't you think?
I agree, that would be sweet.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This thread has been passed to the product development people at Great Planes. Thanks for all the interest!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:26 AM
ChuckW

ORIGINAL: wyo69cowboy

I think a big, fast 50cc Revolver would be pretty cool. A pipe tunnel would be a must. Hmmm...might hafta do some reading up on 50cc pipes and prop combos for speed....

I, for one, like the color scheme on the 70'' Revolver much better than the smaller one.
Pipe tunnel would be great too in addition to a place for mounting a smoke tank & pump. It could be one nice airplane if it's done right.

I think I am noticing something here... While the market is flooded with 3D type planes, the desire for a solid, high performance sport plane appears to be alive and well.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Chancho

Wow, Bill Baxter is listening and forwarding to the proper attention, Way to goBill!

You know Great Planes, I usually buy 2 of whatever size models Ipurchase. Via hanger rash or bad thumbs, that's just how it goes. I've heard it in here and my buddiesbring it up in every conversation of how sick we are of all the 3D C. R. A. P that's flooded the giant scalemarket. This year I'm working on agiant scalewar bird for most of my householdRC budget, not the little 120 sized trinkets you guys carry, that everyone and their brother's brother has at the field, either. If I seeanother P-51 mustang with mechanical retracts I'm going to puke.Bring us this Giant Scale Revolverwith the original color scheme, Pipe Tunnel and provisions for us to do what we did with your first Revolver (Over power it) and I'll give you my credit card # on a pre-order.

I would love to do a full power dive,flyby, snap roll, slow roll then inverted thentoknife edge outside loopin a Giant Scale Revolver when those 3D Giant dorks are hovering over the runway. (That's why I need two planes because I'd crash trying some silly stuff like that.)

But seriously;If Ihad a choice of fee energy, world peace or a Giant Revolver I would say give me my GiantRevolver inmy hand basket. The rest will sort itself out.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
dignlivn

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

ORIGINAL: wyo69cowboy

I, for one, like the color scheme on the 70'' Revolver much better than the smaller one.
Pipe tunnel would be great too in addition to a place for mounting a smoke tank & pump. It could be one nice airplane if it's done right.

I think I am noticing something here... While the market is flooded with 3D type planes, the desire for a solid, high performance sport plane appears to be alive and well.

Chuck,

Youv'e done it now, got Bax's attention

I agree, I have no interest in 3D, but would love a
large Sport plane with gas and smoke. I can already
see a Reverse Cuban Eight with smoke On.

Bob
Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was flying my large revolver yesterday and was having a blast with it. But to have a giant revolver would be sweet!!! Like people has already post, I am not into 3 D flying, but, to have a giant size revolver on smoke would be a big blast!!! I do hope the people at Great Planes see and follow this thread and see that there is a market for this size Revolver. I know my club field do not like gas rc plane, but, I know 3 who do!!! I am now doing a lot of reading about the gas model engine and the smoke system. So Great Plane supersize this baby, "please"!!!!!!!!
Plus OS just came out with a gas RC engine. I better read more and make the move to have one in the engine bin in my workshop. That way when this plane hit the market, I will be set!!!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Another suggestion for the new, Giant Revolver (that's hopefully on the Great Plains drawing boards as we speak...) - PLEASE strengthen the landing gear, both front and rear. On all three of my Revolvers I've swapped out the stock gear for Dubro front and Great Plains Scale Tail gear assembly, (and have to install a floor in the front to do it), but would be nice if I didn't have to. Seems like it would not be too much added work \ effort \ cost to do it right the first time - and correct the one glaring weakness the Revolver DOES have (both 59" and 70"). This is a gorgeous, rugged, fast, unique plane - why not remove it's one flaw??

btw - just received some 13" aluminium snow skis from "Maiden Model Products" - going to fit them on my Rev 70 now and fly them EARLY tomorrow morning (should be enough snow cover left). Can't wait! I have been using the 9" Dubro plastic skis, which do work great, but are just a tad small for this model. Weather looks good for my 6:00am field time - 33 deg and 7mph from the NW. Will report my results tomorrow night!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 AM
ChuckW

ORIGINAL: microdon2

Another suggestion for the new, Giant Revolver (that's hopefully on the Great Plains drawing boards as we speak...) - PLEASE strengthen the landing gear, both front and rear. On all three of my Revolvers I've swapped out the stock gear for Dubro front and Great Plains Scale Tail gear assembly, (and have to install a floor in the front to do it), but would be nice if I didn't have to. Seems like it would not be too much added work \ effort \ cost to do it right the first time - and correct the one glaring weakness the Revolver DOES have (both 59'' and 70''). This is a gorgeous, rugged, fast, unique plane - why not remove it's one flaw??
All of the GP giant scale stuff I have owned or flown seems to have some pretty strong LG. Some are reinforced with aluminum angle.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

All of the GP giant scale stuff I have owned or flown seems to have some pretty strong LG. Some are reinforced with aluminum angle.
Yep...I've had/have a lot of GP airframes; IMHO LG is a non/issue....
Old 03-03-2010, 11:14 AM
ChuckW

Only 44 votes so far but 81% favorable. Not bad.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
drube

Sorry for the newb question guysbut what's a pipe tunnel? For exhaust?
Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 PM
ChuckW

ORIGINAL: drube

Sorry for the newb question guys but what's a pipe tunnel? For exhaust? [img][/img]
Yep, it's an area built into the fuselage to accommodate a tuned pipe.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Chancho

Just talked to my buddy Matt and I didn't have to convince him to vote yes, it was a no-brainer.

There about7 Revolvers at our field and 4 of us regularly bring them out together and go head to head. Every field has groups of people, i.e., Jet guys, 3D guys, Heli guys, etc. I'm part of the nutty group.Last year my revolver actually cut the bottom half off of my buddy's Rudder, on his Revolver,during a friendly racing session. It happened right over the runway and sounded like a rip saw. Amazingly he didn't even notice he had no rudder control until he landed.Westill laugh today whenwe talk about it. We all love our Revolvers. I remembervery clearlywhen the 70"Revolver came out last year and we had conversations that we didn't see the need to upgrade to one that was just a little bit bigger as we all have enough 40 and 60 sized planes. However talking about a Giant Scale Revolver is a totally different thing... Gas engines are cheap and there's lots of them. In fact, ever month when the model magazines come in the mail Istare and stare at the50cc gas engineswhich are about the same money I paid for my Saito 125... I think,"what could Iput that on." Unfortunately you need a plane first and then pick out the engine.And in the giant scale market it is very very hard to find a plane with anything close to the characteristics of a Revolver.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:39 PM
jet22b

Looking at the way this thread is going, Great Planes will have a BIG hit with the Giant Revolver!!! At my field, I am the only one you have both revolver and the member just love to see me fly them!! I just found out today that two of my club member has just order their Large Revolver today at my local hobby shop!! With the net at hand, I read more and more about the RC Gas Engine and can not wait to have one. but, before I make that move, I want a plane to put it on and the giant revolver would be sweet!!! When I go to the club field and I don't have my two baby in the suv, the rest of the club will get mad at me!!!

So Great Plane if you read this thread and all the post that was left on your company website, please supersize the revolver and have it out by Xmas!!! That would look good under my tree!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 03-03-2010, 04:05 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

In all fairness, the "Revolver" is a "Giles" in disguise....This http://www.wildharerc.com/products/Giles_88/ is the only 50cc "Giles" that I'm aware of...Could be wrong....What all of us like about the way the "Revolver" flies is the "Giles" wing design & ME/TOO!!...
Old 03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
drube

Thanks Chuck!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: DougV

ORIGINAL: Oberst

I voted no, I would like GP to come back out with some of their original models before coming out with new ones. That's just me.

Pete
Like the Patriot 40

I voted yes, but I will love to see that Patriot kit again.

Doug.

That's one of them I like to see come back, but I was wanting the Fokker .60 DR1 to come back. I've been hounding them for a year, looks like I have to keep hounding them. [:@]

I had a few Poll's last year at RCU and I submited them to one of the chief designers I know who works for GP. One of the planes he was trying to push for was a .40- .60 Fieseler F-156 Storch.

Pete
Old 03-04-2010, 11:13 AM
ChuckW

One mor epostive vote and it will be 40. Don't forget to suggest it on the GP site: http://www.greatplanes.com/suggest-a-plane.html
Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 PM
jet22b

Hey Guys;

When Great Planes come out with the Giant Revolver, what do you think the price would be??? I hope it would not be in the range of 900 to 1500 dollars!!! If the ARF cost that and by the time you add everything else to get it ready to fly, I would think the total will be over $2,000.00 or more!! If Great Plane keep the price in a good range, I think it would be a hit!! I just saw a gas model P-51 at Tower for $1,800.00 and its a ARF!!! Here is the link if you want to take a look!!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYSW8&P=E
They know we want this giant revolver, the thing is, how much do they want us to pay for it???
As always, this is just my 2 cents!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 PM
ChuckW

I imagine the price would be in line with their other giant scale stuff. The Revolver is a fairly simple airplane with no retracts, flaps or scale details. The .40 and .60 are actually priced pretty low for their level of quality and performance I think. Maybe $349-$499 for a giant scale version?

That $1800 Aeroworks Mustang is a work of art. It is uber-complete just like all their other stuff. The Pnematic retracts, tank, lines, electronic sequencer, sliding canopy, etc., etc. come pre-installed. There's $800 worth of stuff in it that you'd have to buy for most other Mustang ARF's.

Speaking of warbirds... If anyone is watchign this thread, it sure would be nice if Hobbico did the giant scale Top-flite P-47 in an almost ready to cover version and maybe sell a razorback conversion too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.