Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Giant GP Revolver???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I'd love one
88.24%
No thanks
11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Giant GP Revolver???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giant GP Revolver???

I'll be the DLE 55 would be perfect for an 82" Revolver.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:53 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

90'' revolver coming!!!!!!

[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=gpma1425&search=Go[/link]
Old 09-18-2012, 07:23 AM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

rowdowg - great news, isn't it? We've been talking about this on the "Larger Revolver" thread, too. (though that thread is very slow to open - I think it's just TOO long at this point.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:05 PM
flyboydale54

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by microdon2
rowdowg - great news, isn't it? We've been talking about this on the "Larger Revolver" thread, too. (though that thread is very slow to open - I think it's just TOO long at this point.
The reason "Larger Revolver" is too long is because it should be cleaned up I hate to say. Maybe by next year this time I will have been able to read every single page of the posts which is over 300 pages long. I feel that many of these posts are not necessary and redundant. While it is nice to post, it is a wasted time of energy for those trying to learn something when they keep reading such things as I am going flying today, I did not go flying, the temperature is too cold, it is snowing. Posts like these are what makes the thread too long and frankly boring to read while I am just wanting to learn something about the topic which is Larger Revolver. I know some forums have "Moderators" that keep the forum on topic and cleaned up. Many of these redundant posts can be wiped out without any loss of valuable information. PM's are where you chat to other members on the forum about the weather, whether your going flying or did not go flying for one reason or another. I would personally like to see it cleaned up and many of the posts turned into PM's for which they are really meant to be, while still others could be shifted into other forums for the topic being discussed. Do you know how many posts I have read on what prop to use alone? There are many posts of the smaller (red and white) Revolver mixed with this forum "Larger Revolver" (blue and white). It would be most helpful for those searching for information to have each of the 3 Revolver sizes called by their specific model name and sorted out into the appropriate catorgory by which plane they apply to. The smaller Revolver is the "Great Planes Revolver 46". The medium Revolver is the "Great Planes Revolver 70", and the large Revolver is the "Great Planes Revolver 50cc". It would be helpful to have separate forums on each of these 3 models. Then after and into the future, if GP comes out with another size, call it what it says on their web page and start a new forum on the new model if it comes into production. Even further organization could be improved upon by sub-catagories under each model, such as "Engines" and by make and model size of the engine, with prop sizes under each engine, "Servos" under each model plane sub-catagorized again by the servo brand, etc. Wouldn't that make things a lot more simple and easier to find relevent information on the subject matter for which someone is seeking? I do thank every single person who has posted nice-to-know information that has helped everyone looking for specific information on all these forums, but I really think organization and re-organization is key to the success of each and every forum. Thank you for taking the time to read my inputs and thinking about how to make things better on these forums. I am not trying to critizize anyone here, just posting things on how I perceive them and what I am seeing as well as possible ways to improve upon what we have here. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by flyboydale54; 08-08-2013 at 07:09 PM.