Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Giant GP Revolver???

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I'd love one
88.24%
No thanks
11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Giant GP Revolver???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:43 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Giant GP Revolver???

My GP 70" Revolver is without a doubt, my favorite plane to fly out of all of them I have.

I can't help but think I would like to have an even bigger one. Something that would work well with a nice gasoline engine.

Not sure if I'd like to see it for 50cc or maybe something larger with a big 100cc twin stuffed in the cowl. I'd take either. Even something for the smaller, low-cost gas engines might be cool.

Anyone else want one of these?

If so, go here and tell GP: http://www.greatplanes.com/suggest-a-plane.html

If it ever happens, I will place my order the minute I hear about it.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:03 AM
ChuckW

Default RE: Giant GP Revolver???

Also, I'd like to keep this for Revolver owners/fans only. If you hate the airplane, don't like the manufacturer or whatever that's perfectly fine but I'd rather get feedback on a larger one only from those who have flown and like the airplane.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
drube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to have one but I need to get my P-47 itch out of the way first. lol But it's next on the list. I have been thinking of going gas on the next planes I buy. Just seems like it would cost less in the long run. The price ofgas vs nitrohas my interest.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:33 PM
jet22b

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi ChuckW;
I think Great Plane know that a Big Revolver will be a hit. Just look at the sales of the Large Revolver and the way people as post about the love of this plane. More and more big name engine maker are putting out gas engine for this hobby. I remember when 4 stroke engine can out and I said that I will never buy one, but, now I have 5 and love them!!!
Now if Great Planes come out with a Big Gas Power Revolver, ( my wife may kill me ), but I would buy one in a heart beat!!!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Chancho

You know, a giant scale Revolver would be in order. I'm looking for a good giant scale project andbasically leaning to a war bird at this point. "If you go giant scale, you've got to own a war bird!" To me there is way too much 3D and Yak type planes on the market. There are a lot of classics, i.e., bi-planes, old timers, Cubs, etc. But there is nothing exciting as thethe Revolver in the giant category. The newer bigger Revolver wasn't enough to catch my attention - just a bigger brother to the little one.I would definitely go giant with a big Revolver. "That would be too much fun!" I hope Great planes is reading and I would put money down on a pre-order if they decided to scale there production up a notch.

Now we just need to convince Great planes to work something out for us. Some custom Robart retracs would be very appealing, too - even if they had to redesign them or put them in the wing. Get away from new ******y colors and stick with the orginal red, white and black.....

Good call on the thread... :-)
Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 PM
ChuckW

I agree. Extras and Yaks are fun but a nice high-performance sport plane that is IMAA legal would be a refreshing change.

They did the Reactor in a small electric, .40 size, .60 size bipe and giant scale so why not the Revolver? Speaking of that... How about a small electric version too? Then I would buy them all.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
ChuckW

Also, don't forget to make the suggestion on the GP site:

http://www.greatplanes.com/suggest-a-plane.html
Old 02-26-2010, 11:57 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

I LOVE my 70" Revolver! I have two 59" Revy's, but the 70" flies much nicer. Love flying it on the snow (though I crashed it into the top of a 40 foot tree on Sunday - had to climb up there to get it down - was NOT going to leave it there! Just finished repairing the wing today. Will be flying in the snow again Monday morning. It's a beautiful plane, though I do agree with someone else - I really prefer the original paint scheme. Either way, it's an awesome plane. Would be VERY interesting to see an 84" version, with retracts. And how about some dashboard lights that are back-lit - would be COOL. But I SHOULD get a warbird SOMETIME. Actually, just picked up a 78" Texan Hurricane. Putting an OS BGX-1 in, high torque Hitec servos. Will be built in two weeks. Also just ordered 13" aluminum skis for it. Can't wait.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:47 AM
ChuckW

Only 20 votes so far but the results are looking very supportive.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Oberst
Banned

I voted no, I would like GP to come back out with some of their original models before coming out with new ones. That's just me.

Pete
Old 02-27-2010, 02:25 PM
dignlivn

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

Only 20 votes so far but the results are looking very supportive.

Chuck,

Check the numbers again

I would take a kit or arf,

Bob
Old 02-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Texastbird

I haven't actually flown one of the Revolvers, but I have seen it fly and a large one for my DLE55 would definitely be on my short (very) list.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:10 PM
ChuckW

Everyone who wants to see it, be sure to submit the suggestion on the GP site: http://www.greatplanes.com/suggest-a-plane.html
Old 02-27-2010, 06:34 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

for all you know GP may be thinking that direction already.look what horizon did with the pulse xt and didnt GP design and produce the U-cando 120? you might be onto something.especially given the number of new 30cc gassers coming into the market .it sure would gather my vote!!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:58 PM
jet22b

If the read this thread and what have been posted on their website, they know people will buy one!!! What I would like them to do is some how retract the gear!!! The lines on the plane are sweet now, but put the gear up would be "B A"!!!!!!! More and more fly clubs are letting gas models in. Let's face it, gas engine are just getting better!!!! Now if they come out with a Giant "E" Revolver, I know a few guys would jump at it. So it would be a win win for GP!!!!
Like always, just my 2 cents!!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 02-27-2010, 07:09 PM
ChuckW

I don't know how I would feel about the retracts. Yes, it would clean the airframe up but that wing sits up pretty high though and the struts would end up pretty long. Of course, I wouldn't turn it down if it somehow had retracts either.

Someone earlier mentioned the color scheme. I agree that the lines of the trim on the original look really nice. A giant would look great with that same basic scheme using a white base and whatever accent colors look appropriate (doesn't have to be red for me).

One other thought I had was smoke. It would be nice if a giant scale version had this in mind from the beginning with a place for the tank, pump and other components. That way you don't have to re-invent the wheel when looking for a place to put that stuff. Maybe even include a tank for smoke oil like some some of the Aeroworks planes do. Can you imagine how gorgeous it would be to see a giant scale Revolver doing traditional sport aerobatics with a nice dense smoke trail and that big gasser sound? How about a low, high-speed pass, then pull straight vertical until the plane is just a speck in the sky with the smoke on? Cool stuff.

I'm getting all goose-bumpy just thinking about it. I want one.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:15 PM
jet22b

ORIGINAL: ChuckW

I don't know how I would feel about the retracts. Yes, it would clean the airframe up but that wing sits up pretty high though and the struts would end up pretty long. Of course, I wouldn't turn it down if it somehow had retracts either.

One other thought I had was smoke. It would be nice if a giant scale version had smoke in mind from the beginning with a place for the tank, pump and other components. That way you don't have to re-invent the wheel when looking for a place to put that stuff. Maybe even include a tank for smoke oil like some some of the Aeroworks planes do. Can you imagine how gorgeous it would be to see a giant scale Revolver doing traditional sport aerobatics with a nice dense smoke trail and that big gasser sound?

I'm getting all goose-bumpy just thinking about it. I want one.

Stop it ChuckW!!!!
The smoke thing did me in!!!! That would be "SWEET"!!!!!

Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 02-27-2010, 09:52 PM
dignlivn

Hey Chuck,

If your flying gas you got to have smoke

Sounds like my next Plane,

Bob
Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 PM
microdon2

ChuckW - I may just have to make the leap to gas. The picture you painted sounds VERY cool. One question on gassers - I live in a apartment (which is very quickly running out of wall space - have 4 complete glow planes and three battery, and one 78" glow on deck) and I'm a little worried about gas smell. I've read some guy's wives dont' like the smell (I'm not crazy about it, either). Is that a problem with gassers?
Old 02-27-2010, 11:26 PM
ChuckW

Mine stay in the garage. The smell isn't as bad as you would get from something like a lawnmower because you drain the tank on the airplane. Still, there is some residual smell especially if you are sensitive to it. Plugging the muffler outlet and tank vent line when storing the plane would likely greatly reduce that too.

My first job was at a full-service gas station and I've been working around cars or machinery ever since so I don't even notice fuel smells much anymore.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:13 AM
microdon2

Thanks for the odor control tips.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Texastbird

Ok, I put my suggestion in to GP. When do I get my plane?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
ChuckW

ORIGINAL: Texastbird

Ok, I put my suggestion in to GP. When do I get my plane?
I want mine first.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Cogburn

I'd like to see one that is IMAA legal and not real big. Something one of the smaller gassers would fit in 25-30cc or so.

I would buy one then and so would a lot of other people. Kind of a stepping stone into IMAA.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Chancho

I've got to say, 25cc makes me think of a 90 sized Piper Cub.I'm thinking at a bare minimum to get it off the ground a30cc, but would much rather go wtih a 50cc beast. That's just me, though... :-) I love my small revolver with a stupid big engine on it and I would love to oversize a giant revolver that had the specs of 36cc and put at least a50cc on it. The Revolver airframe is such a well built andfun plane at any size. "Supersize me Great Planes!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.