Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

ARF 1.20 sized (ugly) stick?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

ARF 1.20 sized (ugly) stick?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 08:46 PM
lucien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARF 1.20 sized (ugly) stick?

Subject says it all. Does anyone make an ARF 1.20 sized ugly stick type plane?

I believe Hangar 9 used to make one, but it seems to have been discontinued.

Looking for an appropriate plane for a 1.60fx and I've always loved the sticks (flew a GP .60 stick for years).

Planning on building a SPAD as well, but if I can find a good ARF stick......

LS
Old 07-20-2003, 09:02 PM
bobfox
My Feedback: (1)

Hangar 9 did make the Ultra Stick 120- similar to their current Ultrastick series 40 and 60. There were a few issues with the construction (Firewall, geag. aileron flutter) but when you got them dialed in, they were a joy to fly. (Mine crashed because of radio failure). The use of four ailerons/flaps really made the plane versitile. I now have a US-60 because I could not find the 120 size.

You're correct in that H-9 quit making them. Occasionally, they appear in the For Sale or on Ebay.

Bob
Old 07-20-2003, 09:15 PM
lucien

Originally posted by bobfox
Hangar 9 did make the Ultra Stick 120- similar to their current Ultrastick series 40 and 60. There were a few issues with the construction (Firewall, geag. aileron flutter) but when you got them dialed in, they were a joy to fly. (Mine crashed because of radio failure). The use of four ailerons/flaps really made the plane versitile. I now have a US-60 because I could not find the 120 size.

You're correct in that H-9 quit making them. Occasionally, they appear in the For Sale or on Ebay.

Bob
Yeah, I thought about a .60 sized, but I already have a 1.60fx. I'd like a larger plane that's easier to see as well.

I've thought about getting a really nice plane like a G 202 or something for it, but I've been out of r/c for about 5 years flying full scale. Nothing ruins your r/c skills worse than full scale flying, so it's as if I havn't flown at all in 5 years. So I want to get something fairly rugged that can take hard landings and so on while I get my skills back up. That's why I'm thinking about a stick type plane and a SPAD too....

LS
Old 07-21-2003, 01:15 AM
Miloh

I was out of the hobbie for about ten years and decided to start back when I found a deal on an avistar. I converted it to a tail dragger and flew it through the jidders of starting over then switched to the ultra stick. On the sticks for less than a month and this stick made me look like a pro, Very stable and slow if you want. This would be my recomendation to anyone in your position.

Miloh.