Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World Models 27% Ultimate

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World Models 27% Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
lou1947

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models 27% Ultimate

Just got one of these planes and I am in the process of building it. So far have not been very impressed with the ARF.It seems like it was covered by some not very skilled in covering. The quality of the ply is very poor and the construction is very weak. I hope she flyes well.This may be my last World Model kit.It doe not compare with my Aeroworks or Hangar 9 planes. As a matter of fact my Seagulls are way better built. If someone has one of these planes I would like your input. Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 08:23 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: World Models 27% Ultimate

OK. What you're comparing can't really be compared !! A Studebaker don't ride as good as a Cadillac. Duh !! Ya get what ya pay for on "most" Arfs when ya go to the "bargin basement". How else do you think World Models & the rest of the "discount manufacturers" can sell a ARF for a 100 to 150 bucks, when the same plane through H9 or Aeroworks costs 300- 400 bucks. Cheaper material !!!! Most of the time you can go through the "cheaper" units & reglue crossbrace, etc. & come out with a pretty decent plane, at half the price. I just can't see somebody buying a " bargin basement" item & then gripeing because it is inferior to a unit twice it's price.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 AM
lou1947

I understand perfectly what you are saying. However $400 dollars for this plane is pure robbery. I have not seen the Great Plane Ultimate but I would venture to say that it is a much better built plane. I was just expressing my frustation hoping that it would help some other sucker from making the same mistake.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:03 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Not to rub your nose in it, but World ARFs have never been known as a very high quality plane,,
You get what you pay for, would you be proud to own it if it was $100 cheaper? probably not, it's still a crappy plane right?

A tale tale sign is when the web site never shows pictures of the construction of the plane, only the finished model.
Contrast that with a company like Pilot RC that has many detailed photos of the hardware and the inside of the plane.
you at least get a much better idea of what you're getting

I must say, Good of you to warn others while admitting you made such a mistake. Most guys wouldn't
Old 07-08-2010, 02:26 PM
outdoorhunting

Nothing personal ment. It's just you'd be suprized how many guys see the cheap price on the "bargin basement" thinking they're going to be as good as theAeroworks, etc. & then bad mouth the manufacturer because they feel they got the raw end of the deal. In this hobby, you get pretty much what ya pay for. Although, I have a couple of the Nitro Planes units & am extremely happy with both. (After I did a little bracing here & there. Good luck with your plane.