Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Creek hobbies Sukhoi su-31 My toledo purchase

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Creek hobbies Sukhoi su-31 My toledo purchase

Old 04-29-2002, 08:10 PM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default that'll teach ya

wbrian,
That'll teach ya to think a little before typing next time.
-Jon
Old 04-29-2002, 09:33 PM
wbrian

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Creek hobbies Sukhoi su-31 My toledo purchase

Johnny_Rebel
Yes I understand now, the truth is the opposite of what I said. Creek has the best website in the world and negative comments have no place. Also from what I have heard creek is the worst and has a terrible reputation.

I stand corrected. Thanks
Old 04-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OK

Wbrian,
All that was said was to give them a chance with thier website/mailorder business. I don't think anyone else had a hard time understanding that much.
Best Regards,
Jon
Old 04-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Johnny_Rebel
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ??

Wbrian - Are you one of them warbird guys?
Old 04-29-2002, 10:54 PM
wbrian

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by Johnny_Rebel
Wbrian - Are you one of them warbird guys?
No, but I was thinking about it. The Detail some of the war birds is incredible and I have great respect for those who take the time to be so precise. Perhaps someday when I have more time. Till then I’ll be flying my Sukhoi”s
Old 05-02-2002, 09:33 PM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jim, you are doing a fantastic job with everything. Don't get into email wars with guys like Tommygun and WBrian. The job you are doing with the products, shop, and website speak for themselves.

-Al
Old 05-02-2002, 09:50 PM
JEBLE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Al.

For all of you that are viewing this post, I just wanted to let you know that the 120 Class Unlimited 3D Aerobatic ARF's are now listed on our website. I listed as much information as I could about the planes right now. I will be changing all of the pictures relatively soon. We are having professional ones taken next week. I will also keep track of the most frequently asked questions and comments and add another page to the site dedicated for this information. I have also added another link in our index of parts for ARF 120 Class Airplane Parts. This section has our new fuel dots, servo arms, pilots, and dash panels. We are developing a new section called Newest Listings this weekend to house these parts for a while. If you have any comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me. Happy viewing and happy flying.

Jim
Old 07-01-2002, 11:03 AM
Blackie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm looking for plane number 5 to add to my collection, and ran across creek hobbies in the recent issue of AMA. I currently own the Aerworks Edge 540T 60/90 size, powered with a Saito 100. The plane its self was a mistakable purchase. The reason I say "mistakable" is due to the fact it was advertised with a faulty weight. They have just recently changed the advertised weight to reflect the true weight, at the time I purchased it was listed 7 to 8 pounds. Once I was done I weighed in at a little over 9 pounds. The AW Edge has become very difficult to 3D with the recommended engine due to its over weight structure. Now all that said I am now back in the shopping mode, although I have my eye's set on the GP Ryan STA-M I am also curious on this new product line of 1.20 size 3D from Creek Hobbies.

My question's to Jim, on the 3D line of air craft. The Edge, I notice it has a one piece wing can you explain this to me and has any of these plane's been flown with a gas engine besides the RCS. If I optioned a G23 would it fly any of these with nice 3D maneuvers?

Thanks Randy
Old 07-01-2002, 02:01 PM
tinman
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default pics

hi jim, i would be more then happy to take yur pics for you...all ya have to do is send me the kit and let me build it and fly it awhile..... -Tinman-
Old 07-01-2002, 02:30 PM
JEBLE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your interest in our new line of aircraft, and this thread on RC Universe. In response to your post, I offer you the following information. First, sorry to hear about the problems with your Edge.

In response to your first question regarding the wings. We decided initially to manufacture the Edge with a one piece wing for strength reasons, as well as for ease of field set-up. We are designing a two piece wing version now and hope to have it available by the fall.

In regards to the engine and weight issues.....First the weight, we advertise the weight of these models to be 10.5 - 11.5 lbs. Generally, with the larger sized engines such as the YS 1.40, the Saito 1.80, and an OS 1.60, the models come in at the 11.5 lb range. One of our prototype planes even came in at a little over 12 lbs. All of these weights seem to be fine. The slow flight characteristics are not in jeopardy due to the 12 lb weights. With these combinations, the planes have full Hovering potential and accelerated vertical performance. They really fly well.
In regards to your G-23......to be honest, I do not think you, nor anyone else for that matter would be happy with the little 3D performance that that engine has to offer. The G-23 is a good scale motor for planes like the Hanger 9 Taylor-craft for example. It is simply a little too heavy and underpowered for this type of aircraft.
The customers that are selecting gas motors for this application are using the RCS 1.40, the RCS 1.80, and the 3W 24. All of these a great combinations as far as performance. They will add a little more weight to the plane, but again the reports are that the planes flight performance is not jeopardized. Slow speed characteristics as well as power maneuvers are still very good.

Well Randy, I hope that I have answered all of your questions. If not, you know how to reach me. Talk with you soon.

Jim
Old 07-01-2002, 04:59 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

TO JEBLE :
I would like a realistic weight for the 120 size fatana with an OS 160. Would it really come in at 11.5 lbs max. Do they come out nose or tail heavy with this motor. adding lead anywhere is the last thing I want to do. I am strongly considering this as my next plane but after the AW edge arf overweight issues I am sceptical on weights of all arf's. If you would like to keep this out of this thread that's fine but could you please e mail me. Thanks
Old 07-01-2002, 06:58 PM
JEBLE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just had my associate put our prototype Katana, on the scale......the all up weight is a hair over 12lbs. I mean a hair literally.....less than 12 and an 1/8th to be exact. Here is our setup:
OS 1.60 up front with a Truturn 3 1/2" spinner, and a Bisson pitts muffler. We are using an APC 18 X 6 wide blade propeller. We used all of the stock hardware and landing gear. For radio installation, we have all three servos for the tail surfaces located in the tail. The aileron servos in the wings, and the throttle servo as far forward as we could get it in the fuselage. The receiver battery is as far forward as we could get it and the receiver is located behind the fuel tank. We added a scale pilot and dash panel for looks. The plane balanced about 1/4" behind the rear CG location and we have been flying it there with absolutely no problems or bad tendencies. I hope this information has been useful. If I can be of further assistance, you know were to reach me. Thanks again for the interest.

Jim
Old 07-01-2002, 09:50 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jim,
I've noticed your ads in RCM and just happened to notice this thread today. I have been flying the GP 1/4 Giles but want something a bit less 3D and more pattern like. Which of your 120 ARF's would be your "pick of the litter" for pattern flying. I'd be using the OS 160 with bisson pitts.
Thanks,,,basmntdweller
I'm leaning towards the Staudacher but I would want the best for pattern flying.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:57 PM
JEBLE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for your interest in our new line. In regards to your post, my personal opinion would be either the Staudacher or the Edge. I think these planes have the "patternish" style that you are looking for as well as the capability to 3D, if you so desire. The Sukhoi, Katana, and Extra really 3D well. They are capable of precision aerobatics, but 3D is their forte. The Staudacher has such a long tail moment that it makes precision flying easier than the shorter coupled planes listed above. The Edge can be flown either way, but I think that it is a better at precision than the others listed above as well. I hope that I have answered your question, If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jim