RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   How Many Airplanes Do You Have In Your Hangar? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/1142572-how-many-airplanes-do-you-have-your-hangar.html)

pfcooper 09-16-2015 09:49 AM

I have been flying for a short time(still a rookie) only started in october of 2014 and im addicted! and with the help of club members and sites like killerplanes.com all my planes are in one piece and still flying; eflite p47 1040mm,parkzone p47, f4u corsair 1100mm, freewing a10, fms 1400mm p38, fms 800mm a1 skyraider,fms 800mm f4u corsair. umx b17, cub s, umx p51

Red7fifty 09-16-2015 10:46 AM

I'll throw a video in, just cause! lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7EZsvhFEY

Granpooba 09-16-2015 12:52 PM

Way tooooooooooooooooooooo many ! :mad:

biam 09-18-2015 08:13 AM

Flyable planes include, .60 size escapade, cub, kaos, p-40b, corsair, Cherokee. In reserve either in kit or hanging on the ceiling, Taylor craft, super sportster, kadet senior, sig smith mini biplane. Looks like I need to expand the collection a lot to keep up with some of you! Gone but not forgotten are, slow poke, four star .40 and .60, tower trainer x3!

Red7fifty 09-18-2015 08:44 AM

Yes, have to pay homage to the ol' trainers!

Granpooba 09-19-2015 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Red7fifty (Post 12101264)
Yes, have to pay homage to the ol' trainers!

Fully agree ! Still have a couple of my first trainers and they are still flyable. :rolleyes:

Red7fifty 09-19-2015 01:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lol, not me....my poor trainer didn't last more than 3 short learning flights.....a total of approx 90 seconds.
1st flight, approx 10 seconds, 2nd flight, about 60 seconds, 3rd flight, about 15 seconds.......then a basket ball met it's wing, and that was it.
After 30 years, I built a 2nd one as a tribute, and to see if I could fly it more than the first one. I have two flights on it now, about 15 minutes total.....lol

Super08 09-19-2015 02:21 PM

That's awesome.

brown-robin 03-26-2016 10:24 PM

I am addicted to collecting R/C airplanes and could probably start a hobby shop. All of these are mint New in Box.

The giant 40% Dave Patrick Models Edge 540T and the Clark Spitfire are probably my favorites.

Clark Industries 1/4 Scale Spitfire Mk.IX
Dave Patrick Models Ultimate ARF
Dave Patrick Models Edge 540T 1.20 ARF
Dave Patrick Models Edge 540T 150cc 40% ARF
Dave Patrick Models Extra 330L ARC
Cermark Pitts S2B
Great Planes Giant Extra 330L
SIG Beechcraft Bonanza
Sterling ARF control line Mustang king size 36" wingspan
(very rare)
Royal Royal-Air 20T
Kyosho EP Cessna 177 Cardinal
Kyosho Spitfire Mk. 5 ARF
Kyosho Hawker Hurricane ARF
Carl Goldberg eaglet 50
Carl Goldberg Eagle 63
COX American Eagle sailplane
COX Eagle II sailplane
COX electric powered Canario
COX Cessna 210 Centurion
COX Electric Hawk
COX Sportavia Fuel-Powered
COX Sportavia Electric Powered
COX Cessna Skylane
COX R/C PT-19 Trainer
COX Cub Trainer
COX TD-3 Flying Circus conrol line
(very rare)

Red7fifty 03-26-2016 10:29 PM

Nice Collection!
The way that kits have disappeared (and brick and mortar, ma and pa stores), I think your inventory now exceeds what a person would find in a hobby shop!
That Sig Bonanza, one of my Unicorn kits from 30 years ago.....one of the few that I've always wanted, but couldn't get a hold of. I'd love to have a shrink wrapped example!

bhady 03-27-2016 05:29 PM

Tower Kaos .40 ARF
Tower Kaos .60 ARF
Space Walker ARF
Ryan STA ARF
Great Planes Aeromaster
Great Planes Extra 300 (60 size)
Pica Cessna 182
Sig Liberty Sport
Dura Bat (P.O.S.)
Great Planes Escapade .40 (ARF)
Great Planes Spirit
Top Flite P51 Mustang (Kit to be built)
BHady

bigbird3 03-27-2016 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by bhady (Post 12195126)
Tower Kaos .40 ARF
Tower Kaos .60 ARF
Space Walker ARF
Ryan STA ARF
Great Planes Aeromaster
Great Planes Extra 300 (60 size)
Pica Cessna 182
Sig Liberty Sport
Dura Bat (P.O.S.)
Great Planes Escapade .40 (ARF)
Great Planes Spirit
Top Flite P51 Mustang (Kit to be built)
BHady

Just finished rebuilding an Aeromaster and just started building an old top flite mustang. Started the wings day before yesterday, done tonight. BTW, I have more than all yall together! I've got 30 kits and more than that in built planes! Last summer I gave about 30 to the club! I kid you not, at this point I'm not bragging I'm drouning! Iguess thats what happens when you model for 51 years!
bird

speedfreak111 03-28-2016 12:33 AM

Boy can I relate to this thread. 30 yrs of collecting and flying Pylon Racers are my sickness! Check out my gallery. I have another 10 or so not pictured. Wife loves the fact that two rooms and every closet has airplanes in them!

jeffdec 03-28-2016 10:14 PM

Well I am addicted big time!
My first interest was when I was young I purchased from Kmart a Cox PT19 control line plane.
I started this hobby fultime since 2004, I have always wanted to get into this hobby but my parents always stopped me from getting into it. So one day when I got older my nephew asked me to go with him to a local hobby store and a guy in there said he had a deal for me, he gave me his start up box, a gallon of fuel and his Sig Kadet LT40 trainer all for 245.00, I took it to a high school field and could not get it in the air, it kept going in the fence so then I went back to the hobby store and they told me to join a local club, I joined a local club and got it working and figured it out that the elevator was reversed Stupid me! The club guys where in to Helicopters so I purchased an electric Eco8 Heli then a Quick all metal 50 Heli then a Raptor 30, Rapter 90 and then Raptor 50 all the guys where flying Rapters. Then winter came and I put together a Topflight P51 Mustang kit, my wife said if she got that box of twigs she would have sent it right back lol. It was a great experience to build but the wing hurt my eyes from the CA fumes, Arf's are a lot easier.
Then I got into Arf's, Yellow Funtana 90, Topflight Corsair, Rocket II, Hanger9 Corsair, Hanger9 P51 Mustang then I got into 1/12 scale Combat with streamers
I have over 25 of them with OS 25's nitro engines we built them with Coroplast Polyurethane and CA.
They have scale specs with a little bit of allowed tolerances. Rules. but was really fun while it lasted.
Then in the winter time with snow I got aluminum ski's but they kept sticking so I went to a ski club and asked for some old kids ski's without the bindings and shortened them for my planes they worked great especially on my CAP 232 with Zenoha 60 Gas engine great fun. Then I got into FPV with the Sig Kadet LT40 but when I took the goggles off I could not find my plane until I heard it that scared me so I did not like doing that anymore. Then I got into speed with a Bullet, Diamond duster and Raven with tuned pipes what an adrenalin rush and now I am deep into Turbine jets I have to many to mention, but the next 2 I need to maiden is an Aviation Design Diamond, and a Classic BVM Balsa Bandit.
I thought about getting in to FPV again but with long range FPV so I got a dragon link and EZ-link stuff, All kinds of different antennas from Alex aka (IBCrazy)
and started trying it again with Traxxas 4x4 trucks its a blast booting around at the park sitting in my house. I have also spent a lot at Hobbyking for batteries and build your own Quads and Hex copters with DJI Controllers then I decided to get a DJI Phantom 2 but it seems drones are becoming a problem these days. I some time bring my Phantom to Jet events but the guys are saying the 5.8 Gig is interfering so it just sits in the box a lot of the time anymore. But it seems to be a hobby I will be going to my grave with.
My wife always says when i'm gone she is going to have a big bonfire in the back yard with all my planes and jets GRIN! What can I say life is short so you might as well enjoy what you like to do!
Thx for taking the time to read this and have fun keepin on flying!
Regards Jeff D

easystar123 03-09-2022 06:47 AM

This is a great hobby.

I have a few planes both electric and nitro.
Multiplex Twinstar
Multiplex Mentor
Kyosho Calmato Sports 40 with OS 55ax
Hangar 9 Meridian with Eflite Power 60
World Models Super Frontier Senior with Saito 72
Seagull Boomerang 40 with Saito 62
Seagull Jumper 25 trainer with Saito 40
Hangar 9 P51 Mustang 40 with OS 55ax
Seagull Spacewalker 40 with Saito 62
Great Planes Escapade 61 with OS 95v
Great Planes Cherokee 40 with ASP 61fs
Kyosho Maachi 40 Boat Plane with Saito 62
Eflite Carbon Z Trojan T28 with Eflite Power 60

lostin1960 04-18-2022 03:38 PM

how much for the bob parkinson avro arrow

init4fun 04-19-2022 02:05 AM

How many airplanes do I have in my hangar ?

Well, the answer depends on whose asking, you want the actual number, or the number I tell the Mrs. .......... :p

Oldsalt1 08-05-2022 04:45 PM

I retired from the Navy in 95 and started thinking about getting into CL that I was addicted to since childhood (in the 50's) I found a hobby shop nearby and after walking in and asking a few questions I was quickly converted to RC at the young age of 50. I am now 74 and have a two car garage and trailer full of model planes. I don't even think I can remember all of them, so I will list the more memorable and interesting ones.
Radiocraft 33% Extra 330 with DA 100
Goldberg 30% Ultimate bipe with 3W 75
2 Goldberg Wild Stick 120s 1 with ST 2300 and other with DLE 20.
Goldberg Obsession with XYZ 50
Dynaflite Decathalon Kit with a gas 47cc engine
87" Lanier Yak 54 with Fuji 64
87" Lanier Extra 300 with DLE 55
Lanier Dominator with ST 3250
Ryan STA 52" with OS 46 c
U Can Do 60 with DLE 20
U Can Do 46 with OS hyp 50
World models Sky Raider with Magnum .40
GP 43" electric Extra 300
Tower Uproar V2 electric
Tower mini-Uproar electric
Pheonix Sonic 2 with OS 32

About 12 more needing some repair to be flight ready and 12 more in the box waiting assembly:
Tower .46 Edge 540 destined for a 9cc gas engine
Phoenix models 46 Edge 540 for Electric
Phoenix SBACH 342 for a 21 cc twin gas engine
Phoenix Slick aerobat 120 for a DLE 20
Tower Ultimate Bibe for a 9cc Gas engine
H9 Ultimate Stick 30CC for a 32cc gas engine
GP Escapade Sport 40 electric
GP Escapade Sprort 60 with OS 65 or Magnum 1.20 4S or NGH 17cc gas (depends on balance)
Tower Sport 46 electric
GP PT-19 46 with Saito .82
Tower Uproar 46 V2 with OS 46 or 55 glow.

Every time a new large box is left on the front porch to be lugged upstairs to my "hobby room" (no room in garage anymore) My wife declares, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" To which I reply to my bride of 51 years, "It was on sale!" That was also the same discussion when I arrived home last year with my new motorcycle. She had stronger language to use when I came home three years ago in my Dodge Challenger Hellcat. But she couldn't complain too much since she already had a Challenger six speed Scat Pack. Boys and their toys, EH?

Super08 08-06-2022 06:18 AM

It was on sale, lol I have to try that one.

TOPGUN WINNER 08-06-2022 07:08 AM

I STARTED FLYING FREE FLIGHT IN 1941 WHEN MY BROTHER WENT INTO THE NAVY AS THE FIRST GROUP OF UNDERWATER DEMOLITION...(FROGMEN) MY FIRST FREE FLIGHT WAS POWERED BY CO-2....IN 1945 MY FATHER BOUGHT ME A TOPPING 1000...ALL ALUMINUM CONTROL LINE WITH A IGNITION "MADEWELL 49" I FLEW HUNDREDS OF CL MODELS INCLUDING SCALE AND COMBAT...INCLUDING THE NATIONALS IN STUNT.
WHEN DICK BRANSTER INVENTED RADIO CONTROL WE WERE FLYING "GOLLOPING GOAST...LOL I WENT IN THE USAF FOR PILOT TRAINING AND BECAME A AIR FORCE "TOP GUN' i was never defeated in any contests or mock dog fights.
I FLEW SOM RC IN THE AIR FORCE WITH THE FIRST FUTABA SYSTEMS. I TAUGHT 10 TO 20 STUDENTS A YEAR UP UNTILL 6 YEARS A GO WHEN I BECAME A CRIPPLE WITH CRUTCHES AND A WHEEL CHAIT....I STARTED BUILDING RC FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND LOVED DOING IT.
I NOW HAVE OVER 225 RC AIRCRAFT AND 200 ENGINES...MOST OF MY STUFF IS NEW AND READY TO FLY.
I HAVE A FIVE BEDROOM HOUSE THAT IS STUFFED...A 26 FT TRAILER AND A GARAGE AND A 16 FOOT TRAILER I TAKE TO THE FIELD. EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE ANT EXCELLENT PRICES.
GOD BLESS ALL MY RC FRIENDS...I LOST SEVERAL TO COVED AND OLD AGE THIS YEAR ALREADY.

TOPGUN WINNER 08-06-2022 07:10 AM

I have 500 photos but can not ship due to size and cost of shipping...warner robins, ga 31088 478-218-0273

Jack10525 08-07-2022 09:35 AM

I still don't know how some of you guys afford so many expensive planes. I'm a middle aged adult with a good job and financially secure but a $300 pnf rc plane is a lot to me. Same with a $250 Tx. Guess I was just raised cheap.

I'm dying to get the Turbo Timber Evo but can't stomach the price. It's not about saving. I'm a saver but can't get over the price.

Oldsalt1 08-08-2022 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jack10525 (Post 12738809)
I still don't know how some of you guys afford so many expensive planes. I'm a middle aged adult with a good job and financially secure but a $300 pnf rc plane is a lot to me. Same with a $250 Tx. Guess I was just raised cheap.

I'm dying to get the Turbo Timber Evo but can't stomach the price. It's not about saving. I'm a saver but can't get over the price.

I guess you are not fully addicted yet, like the rest of us, with our $1K transmitters and a couple of thousand in just one plane. I started out cheap with the $200 trainer and 4 channel transmitter, but after a couple of years I took to working again past retirement to be able to "buy just one more, little, bigger airplane and the required multichannel programmable radios to support them. I did not intend to get addicted, but it happens. For some it is slowly, for others it is nearly instant. I guess I could do with an intervention, but all or most of my friends are like me, over 70, retired (mostly military) and some even bigger addicts than I am. At 74, I am once again contemplating retiring from work, so I can devote even more time to flying and a little more building as I eventually "re-kit some of my existing stash. Welcome to the brotherhood of fellow RC addicts.

maukaonyx 08-08-2022 01:28 PM

About 25 planes, mostly glow, 6 gassers, a few electrics. All are fully flight ready with their servos, batteries and receivers. Additonally 6 electric helis of 500 size to 700 size, all also ready to fly anytime. Took time to build up. Been flying since the 60’s but really didnt have so many planes till retiring 15 years ago and going gung ho once i retired. I’m 71 and just started helis about 8 years ago. I’m at the point of always saying i have to get rid of some planes so i can get new ones, who doesnt always have their eye on another, lol. I can advise on one thing….dont store planes on the garage floor where you have active cars. I have clipped a plane three times causing me to repair the stabs. Yup, i know, store them on the walls and ceiling, but i am that full up that i have to leave some fuselages on the floor between two cars. Life is short…get as many planes that you want!