RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Dave Patrick super cub (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/2016643-dave-patrick-super-cub.html)

fossil 05-04-2007 09:56 PM

RE: Dave Patrick super cub

Yes it was in the classified section here on RCU under airplanes/giant, haven't checked to see if its still there though

fossil

brhodges 05-05-2007 06:30 PM

Thanks. Looks like it's gone.

outacontrol41 05-05-2007 07:24 PM

Yo, check it out. I'm sellin' Dave Patrick cubs out the trunk of my car. Meet me in the alley 'n I'll hook you up, man.........[&:]

agbjarn 07-19-2007 06:07 AM

I have been reading this thread with great interest, but are still only only on page 18 of 53 :-)

Nobody seems to be using a gas engine. Toni Clark http://www.toni-clark.com has a J3 and PA18 that is only a bit larger, but he is using gas engines of various sizes:

Toni Clark writes:
The Piper is truly a multi purpose model. You can fly just like the full-size Piper with our Titan ZG 20 installed. That is if you have no ambition for glider towing, but you are satisfied with loops, rolls and stall turns. But you wish to be able to tow gliders, then the Titan ZG 38SC is a better choice. With the 38 you can fly positive as well as negative figures with power to spare. Knife edge flying is unlimited. You can fly around with an almost fully throttled back engine, the model is then extremely quiet. Use a 20x10 propeller, this is the scale size. Should you wish to tow sailplanes that are more than 7 kg then the 45 is the engine. Fit the Titan ZG 62SL and with a 16 kg sailplane hanging on the line, is in a couple minutes close under the cloud base. But with the 62 you should only use full throttle whilst towing, otherwise the Piper roars around the sky ruining any scale effect.

Specifications:
Scale: 1 : 3,85
Wingspan: 2,8 m
Lenght: 1,8 m
Wing area: 1,14 m2
All up weight: 8-10 kg
Wing loading: 70-88g/dm2
Engine: 20-70 cm3

A friend has bbeen building the Toni Clark Cub and is using Moki 45. Plenty of pictures in this thread: http://frettavefur.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=805&p=1

Would it not be possible to use a small gas engine in the Dave Patrick Super Cub?

Regards, Agust

fossil 07-19-2007 08:26 AM

Its not a question of if a gas engine would work, because it will. It's just no one wants to cut a big gaping hole in the bottom or side of the cowl. The engines that everyone are using allow the engine to be completly enclosed in the cowl to look more scale. If I ever get around to finishing mine I have a 26cc gas engine I want to use but not sure also if I want to cut the cowl.
fossil

agbjarn 07-19-2007 10:18 AM

Toni Clark has a photo gallery of several Cubs with various Zenoah (Titan) engines. I wonder how they manages to install them without any visible holes in the cowling.
I have been using the compact 26cc MVVS in a Katana and was thinking about using a similar one, if I order this kit. Glow fuel is rather expensive here.
Agust

Steamship 07-20-2007 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: agbjarn

I have been using the compact 26cc MVVS in a Katana and was thinking about using a similar one, if I order this kit.
Agust

Agust, if you try to order your cub from DP Models, you will never see it. Unfortunately, they seem to have gone stealth on us.

Cyclic Hardover 07-21-2007 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: roknhs

Bhodges,
The ad was in the Classifieds here on RCU.......May still be........One guy wanted to seperate the plane and engine so the owner priced the plane at $700 and the engine at $400. So this buyer said he'd give the $700 for the plane...........then another guy sees whats going on and comes in with an offer of $750 for the plane and the thing has turned into an instant Auction.........last time I looked there was an offer pending on the plane and engine for $1100........which was the asking price.........Geez, you'd think with the New Hangar 9 J3 coming, the demand for DP's Super Cub would start to simmer. Guess not......................

There is a new 1/3 scale Super Cub coming out in the next month from World Models

G.P. 09-15-2007 11:57 PM

Bud, I saw your plane on a post on another site and you said that you haven't flown it yet?!?!? That post actually got me reading about the DP Cub and I ended up here. It looks like you've had it done for some time, so what's the story?

Anyways, I started reading this thread from the beginning and just jumped to the end to find out the sad state of DPM. Has anybody had any luck having a cub delivered lately? Perhaps I will just have to kit bash the new H9 1/4 cub. A cowl and some flaps are about all that it would need to be close enough to a Super Cub for me. I'm just wondering though, how are the corrugations on the flaps and ailerons made on this one? That really makes it look good and I would like to copy it if I have to go the kit bashing route.

Thanks guys,
Greg

crankpin 09-16-2007 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I left my CC info with DP Models almost two years ago for the Super Cub. I have not heard a thing, the site still has the almost a year old "current news" on it. I see him in magazines doing this and that, but nothing else on the Cub part.

Since then, I have bashed a GP ARF Cub to this, attached. Saito 90 Twin.

sj3cub 09-16-2007 03:28 PM

The Cub powered by a 1.20 4S will be plenty of power. If fact, compared to the real PA-18 it would be really overpowered.

wws 09-25-2007 09:37 PM

Aerotech Models In Minneapolis has replacement front windscreens for the D/P cub in stock for $35.00 plus shipping e-mail [email protected] or call Wayne at 1-612-721-1285. They are made of .040 PETG

deadstickdan 09-26-2007 10:23 AM

Finally, I can finish my Super Cub!!! The original windshield for my Cub was severly damaged in shipping and I wasn't sure what I was going to do to fix the problem. After reading the above post I called Aerotech this morning and ordered the windshield:D! Now I can finish this Super Cub and finally get to enjoy it! I know there are others out there in this similar situation. Give 'em a call.

Dan

wws 09-27-2007 05:09 PM

Someone by the name of James from Tampa FL. called Aerotech Models today and was inquering about the wind screen, I eraced your message on my machine and I need you to call back and leave your phone number. Sorry bout that
Wayne

iamgybo 09-29-2007 12:40 PM

Does anyone know if Dave Patrick is still in business? Looking for Clipped Wing Cub. Called several times and no answer.

Gybo

G.P. 09-29-2007 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: iamgybo

Does anyone know if Dave Patrick is still in business? Looking for Clipped Wing Cub. Called several times and no answer.

Gybo

Same here. If he is in business he's not doing a very good job of it[:o]

outacontrol41 09-29-2007 03:23 PM

Guys....there is a long thread and a few shorter ones about frustration with this company. I believe they ARE out of business. However, unlike a storefront where you turn off your electricity and board up the windows and lock the door when you go out of business....a website can stay up and active and fool many people into thinking the ex-company is still in business. Apparantly the website stays active until the domain name bill and the site host isn't paid...then one day it just disappears. WORD OF CAUTION....don't expect good dealings from this or any company that doesn't answer their phone or return messages.....it's just common sense., buyer beware.

G.P. 09-29-2007 03:28 PM

If the website is still active then you can and should change it to state that you are out of business. Adrian Page just shut down shop too, but at least posted that on his site.

outacontrol41 09-29-2007 04:06 PM

Not eveyone meets their moral obligations, and DPM is just one more that doesn't seem to mind not meeting theirs. Remember, the internet is unregulated and that means there are no checks and balances out here in cyberspace....no laws. Forums have moderators....but not in the open world of the internet. Many crimes and fraud are commited over the net as well. Again, use your best judgement and be careful of companies like this....some have lost money.

Iflyglow 09-29-2007 08:38 PM

This copmpany seams to be defunct for quite a while.

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY.

G.P. 09-29-2007 10:36 PM

Can one of you that was lucky enough to get one of these please let me know how the corrugated flaps and ailerons were done? I am going to be doing an Adrian Page Super Cub over the winter and I would like to duplicate that if it doesn't add too much weight.

Thanks,
Greg

outacontrol41 09-29-2007 11:40 PM

Motorman37....have you ever thought about working for a roadside bilboard company? I think you've got a knack for it!:D:Dlol

fossil 01-03-2008 11:58 AM

Sorry to dig up an old post but I said I would post here first if I decided to sale my DP Super Cub. It is still unfinished and there are pics in one of my prior posts to this thread. I will be posting it in the for sale section of RCU sometime today. I can not ship it so it would have to be pick up only, I might would meet someone within a certain distance for gas money. Here is a link to the post with pictures: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5779408

fossil

frank99 01-03-2008 02:38 PM

are you near memphis frank

fossil 01-03-2008 03:01 PM

Frank I sent you a PM.

The add has been posted in the for sale section.