RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   jerrys big boy by morris hobbies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/2557012-jerrys-big-boy-morris-hobbies.html)

randy racer 09-07-2007 06:25 AM

RE: jerrys big boy by morris hobbies

right now there is no spoiler arf and jerry is not selling the plans( at least thats what jerry is telling everone that live around here). rumer is that some one is going to arf the spoiler but i don't know for sure when or if. i hope they do and soon , it is a fun to fly plane and is a step up from the big boy and we know how good the big boy is.

randy

Obfuscation 09-07-2007 09:43 AM

Hey guys, working nights this week, gets hard to get in here on the puter. Got the wing set for the Yak yesterday, got the servoes ordered for the JBB, now gotta go get a motor for it. I've got a nice OS 91 and a brand new mousse (bud lite) can for pipe. Whatcha think? Should I use that or go for a little more power?

Glad you made it on home Monday Keith, at least the trouble with the water pump was right there in town and not 100 miles down the road. And we do have a bunch of good guys here. If they can, they will...

By the way, I counted 63 pilots at Kennett on Sunday with well over 100 planes. GREAT turn out. More of you guys need to try to make it next year.

Gotta get to bed, got one more night shift tonight.

Doug

barnesracing 09-08-2007 06:18 AM

OBFUSCATION

Have you got the JBB out of the box yet? Here's the plan put the 91 on the JBB , she gave you the go ahead to buy a motor so get a os 160 and save it for a spoiler later.
you need to work hard and get the JBB and combat done before you come up in oct.

Put the yak on the back burner. Who drank the bud lite can ? we can tune the pipe and can when you come up if you want.

later KEITH

Obfuscation 09-08-2007 12:05 PM

You're right, momma gave go ahead for new motor. I think I'm going to go ahead and get an OS 120 Surpass 4-stroke for the JBB. I found one in Memphis I'm going to go pick up in about an hour.
I got all the other stuff finally, wing for YAK, servos for JBB, etc. Now just the Surpass.
I've never owned an OS Surpass before, anyone got any stories, good or bad? Anything I need to look for when setting it up?

Doug

barnesracing 09-08-2007 05:48 PM

I don't think a os120 four banger is going to be enough. keep the 91 2-stoke and mousse can around. don't get me wrong it will fly it well, just not what you want it to do.

All you can do is try it.

KEITH

Obfuscation 09-08-2007 06:42 PM

Well, picked up the Surpass, nice looking motor. Spent WAY more than I wanted after getting all the little extras:(. Keith, I'll be up there the weekend of the 13th. I'll have the Surpass mounted but I'll bring the .91 and the mousse can. I plan on tuning it on the bench and it should be ready to mount anytime. Might switch it out and give both a try. Bad thing is, if I leave the Surpass or switch to the .91, I've still got a motor looking for a home. That's a terrible situation to be in, isn't it?;) Wonder if the .91 would be too much for the combat plane...:D

Randy, have you started on the repairs yet? You gonna do it yourself or farm it out?

Well, gotta go eat dinner and get ready for a long week of work.

randy racer 09-08-2007 07:47 PM

hey doug, i got my new landing gear today and have been doing a little work on the extra. i think i will have it done next week and ready to fly.
get that jbb ready to go, you are going to love it.

randy

barnesracing 09-08-2007 08:31 PM

Hey doug what servo's did you end up going withon the JBB?

And by the way 91 on the combat ,just right you just have to use the throttle stick. keep us posted on you progress.

KEITH

barnesracing 09-08-2007 08:35 PM

RANDY
doug said he will be up the weekend of the 13th of oct. so that means you need to make some plans to come up, you can stay at hotel barnes for free.

KEITH

randy racer 09-08-2007 08:53 PM

it sounds like a sweet deal keith but after being off for the paducah fly-in the 6th and 7th i won't be able to take off a saturday for awhile. you could drive back down and stay at the randy racer hilton for the paducah fly-in.

randy

Nogyro 09-09-2007 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

Myself, randy racer, & spoiler-man (along with Tim G. who is Spoilerless at the moment due to randy racers great saleman ability) :) got together this afternoon for a little "huckin" with their Spoilers and my JBB. We had rain off and on all day, but managed to squeeze in a few flights between rain showers and lots of Lie Tellin under the canopy.:D

The pics aren't very good, but the one of randy flying the orange and white Spoiler down low should put to rest all the puns about him being a "mile high hucker"! I think I got the award for that in most of these pics. :) Look real close at spoler-man's center wing section.....it's a vinyl of Elmer Fudd with his shot gun being a Wabbit Hunter. I.E. Wild Hare planes Wabbit Hunter. :D:D

spoiler-man 09-09-2007 06:24 PM

We did have a great time between rain showers, it is always good to do some huckin with great friends. I believe that the lie tellin was mainly done by hobby shop wantabe guy. HA HA Thanks again guys for coming up and making it a good day.

Spoiler-man

randy racer 09-09-2007 06:36 PM

it was a great day when the rain wasn't falling, even when it was raining we had a great time slinging the BS under the tent.

the pics didn't tell the real story, nogyro had that big boy hooked up all day but didn't get a good pic to prove it. haha!

randy bringing it down racer

barnesracing 09-09-2007 07:22 PM

RANDY

I think i see a fishing line holding that plane up.

HA HA KEITH

JNohsey 09-09-2007 07:23 PM

Randy, where were you flying at today? just got in, went out for a little while with doug g.

j n

randy racer 09-09-2007 07:42 PM

keith , it's all camera tricks and lighting.

propnut, we went to benton and hung out with bubba colson and gang. you need to let me know when you have time to fly and i can tell you where we are going. next week end i have to work but the one after that come over and burn some fuel with us. also any of you guys that can try to make it to paducah ky oct 6th and 7th for our 1st ever fly-in. it would be cool if we had a bunch of big boys and spoilers there.

randy

JNohsey 09-09-2007 08:06 PM

Hey if you can get me any infor on the flyin at paducah, i'll get it out here. i may have to work the 6th.

Nogyro 09-09-2007 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: randy racer

i
the pics didn't tell the real story, nogyro had that big boy hooked up all day but didn't get a good pic to prove it. haha!

I'm blushing. [sm=red_smile.gif]

barnesracing 09-10-2007 05:05 AM

RANDY

YOU know i'm just yankin your chain . i wish i was down there flying with you guys all the time. it's a lot of fun flying with you guys. i better stop there your head is starting to swell.

LATER KEITH

randy racer 09-10-2007 06:27 AM

i'm with you keith, it would be great if we could fly together all of the time. we have a great group of guys around here and some good flyers too but there is always room for more. flying with other people that can push you to try harder and fly better keeps me a little sharper and also causes me to buy new airplanes. haha!

randy watch this racer

Gimble Bender 09-10-2007 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: randy racer
randy watch this racer
You got that right!! :D

WILDCRASHWILLY 09-10-2007 09:33 AM

Sorry I missed Sunday guys[&o]. I had my planes and radio ready but with all the rain in the area didn't think anyone would be at the field. Should have known Randy is ready to fly any time he can get his snow shoes, hip boots, or john boat to the field :D.

randy racer 09-10-2007 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: WILDCRASHWILLY

Sorry I missed Sunday guys[&o]. I had my planes and radio ready but with all the rain in the area didn't think anyone would be at the field. Should have known Randy is ready to fly any time he can get his snow shoes, hip boots, or john boat to the field :D.
and you my friend got that right!

randy

isaac 09-10-2007 03:53 PM

So, where i can buy the ARF version?

Isaac

Nogyro 09-10-2007 05:14 PM

They aren't making the JBB arf anymore. You might find one left over in a hobby shop somewhere, and as of now, I don't think there are any plans to run another batch. Rumor has it that there is a Spoiler ARF in the works........