RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Black Horse arf's anyone seen them ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/303324-black-horse-arfs-anyone-seen-them.html)

rockmon 10-06-2002 06:57 PM

Black Horse arf's anyone seen them ?

Anyone seen any of the Black Horse ARF's? Talk about complete if you like arf's and don't have any time to build it doesn't get much faster than these,the hinges are already installed and they are pin hinges to boot, the canopy is already installed and they have a pilot in them also, they even have the pushrods installed. They are very well built and covered in Ultracote and I picked them up for 150.00 a piece. I went to the hobby shop for servo extensions and walked out with a Sukhoi and a p-51 and never did get the extensions. The Sukhoi has a 58 inch wing span and is rated for a 40 so it's getting a TT pro 61 and the p-51 is getting a 91 Magnum 4-stroke. I just started a GS 300 last night so I'm going to be busy for a week or so assembling arf's. That puts me at 16 planes guess I need a clone pack for the 8u.

Carlos Murphy 10-07-2002 12:22 AM

?

Dose Black Horse have a webb
address?

rockmon 10-07-2002 05:14 PM

Can't find one in their manual but I'll ask my buddy if he has one for them. Pretty new models so they might not have a site up and running yet.

TD1 10-07-2002 05:46 PM

Black Horse

I have the 40 size sukoi and on the 3rd flight half of the stab came out on a strait and level flight :( , the material that they use is a white balsa that is very weak. I took my back to LHS and they fixed free of charge :D and put wires on the tail section for add strength.
Wasn't to impressed with the flying either. Just my opinion
you can get some info about black horse hear http://www.odieart.co.za/BlackHorse.htm

f2racer 10-07-2002 06:34 PM

After looking at the website, I noticed that the Super Air(?) is the same model as the one reviewed in the August RCU Magazine...

TD1 10-07-2002 06:43 PM

f2racer you are right, the two planes look the same. Does this means that Graupner is selling a Black Horse product labeled Graupner???????

Cattle_Prod 10-08-2002 10:52 AM

Blackhorse are marketed around the world under a few different names, Graupner being one of them.
I have seen a couple flying at my club, the Super air was known as the "Circus" many moons ago. This plane is highly aerobatic.
The "Bravo" is an excellent beginners intro plane to Pattern and precision aerobatics. Like most ARF's, the build is O.K (Better than a lot of us could build) !!

rockmon 10-09-2002 12:06 AM

I know the models are made in Vietnam and are distributed by several companies and resold under their name. They look like a pretty well built arf for the money as they are very inexpensive as far as arf's go and the covering job is what sold me on them. I picked one up for something I could throw in the truck and get a couple flights in with after work. I will bash the heck out of it anyway before it ever fly's so I know I'll get my money's worth out of it. I plan on beefing it up for a TT pro 61 anyway so I'll just go through it a little better than I do most other arf's thanks.

jerrysu29 12-16-2002 08:54 PM

Re: Black Horse

Originally posted by TD1
I have the 40 size sukoi and on the 3rd flight half of the stab came out on a strait and level flight :( , the material that they use is a white balsa that is very weak. I took my back to LHS and they fixed free of charge :D and put wires on the tail section for add strength.
you can get some info about black horse hear http://www.odieart.co.za/Black Horse.htm

I have had the oportunity to test fly the Sukhoi with OS 46FX and the Cap 232 witha OS 61 FX both with manu. sug. CG from Blackhorse They are not very good. Wing loading very high they both snap to the right at slow flight and have to be flown in rather fast to keep from snapping at touch down also snap in a loop with very little elevator travel. On a Scale From 1 to 10 I'd give em a 3 here is a video of the test flight on the Cap 232http://rap.midco.net/rcflyer/12-15-02/doc.wmv with the Air speed any lower than this and it will snap on landing winds were at 10 on this landing. On a calm day landing this on will be fast!.The ground handling is also terrible.

rockmon 12-16-2002 09:14 PM

I couldn't get the vid to play but thanks for the info. I think the way to go with the Sukhoi is a strong 30 and keep the weight down. I picked it up very cheap and it is a great looking model, it's still in the box waiting its turn but to be honest I have heard that about other models and it turned out that I liked them soooo we will see but thanks again.

jerrysu29 12-16-2002 09:46 PM

To get the Video to play you need The latest Version of the Windows Media player. As for the Way these planes fly you may like em? IMO your right they look nice, but as for the way they fly ehhh!! below average, wing area to small. control surfaces to small,there to Heavy for there the size, terrible ground handling characteristics, under powered and I could go on and on. if you use a 30 size engine I hope your at sea level because up here a good 46 is minimal thats why the 61 on the Cap 232!!

rockmon 12-17-2002 10:27 PM

Well I just had to go down and get the Sukhoi out and take a look at it. I just can't see how this is going to come out heavy as it sure feels light to me even in the box, I am going to put my trusty Webra 50 on it and use Hitec 225's and a four cell pack that should keep the weight way down. I am not interested in this plane as a 3-d model so the control surfaces should be fine and seem plenty for a model this size, as far as the ground handeling I don't think it will be on the ground long enough to worry about it. After looking at it, it sure is small when I set the fuse next to my Hurricane but thats why I picked it up so I would have something small to throw in the truck and go when time is short which is most of the time. I will keep all the things you pointed out in mind when I get to flying it. Thanks again for the heads up.

awood12345 12-18-2002 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

My dad managed to get the protoypes of the Sukhoi, Cap and Extra. And I love them all! But thay all fly differently, the Cap is best flown reasonably fast and big scale like manouvers alough it can slowdown, the sukhoi will do things in a smaller space (with the controls I have anyway!:D) and the extra is in between both and has bits of both characters. If any one wants any questions answered about flight performance (I didn't build them but have flown them all lots!) just ask. I also have more pic's taken from my club field if any one wants to see.

Alan

jerrysu29 12-18-2002 06:48 PM

BlackHorse Models 232, 300 Sukhoi

I apologize if I have offended anyone with my opinion of these planes. They are just not my Cup of tea, They do look good. IMO they just don't fly very well. For the pilot that likes high speed Large lazy loops it's fine. The Ones I have test flown for guys have all snapped out of the average executed size loop.

adrian-RCU 12-18-2002 07:09 PM

we have several blackhorse models cap/extra/ultra 3d all fly great with our own cg spec and engine spec. the ultra 3d matches the zen 50 in every area. they are from the same factory in Vietnam as seagull models and boy they are getting better every time a new range arrives.

valbor 02-05-2003 12:41 AM

Originally posted by adrian
we have several blackhorse models cap/extra/ultra 3d all fly great with our own cg spec and engine spec. the ultra 3d matches the zen 50 in every area. they are from the same factory in Vietnam as seagull models and boy they are getting better every time a new range arrives.

Just built the Cap and it came out nose heavy with an Irvine 53. :confused:

I might move the servos to the tail so that I can use the battery to play with the cg. :rolleyes:

Adrian, what are your cg speck?

rockmon 02-05-2003 03:12 PM

I finished my Sukhoi the other day and have to say it was one of the easiest arf's I have ever assembled. With a Tiger Shark 52 it balanced perfect with the battery up in the tank compartment. The weight of the plane is 51/2 pounds as advertised.

adrian-RCU 02-05-2003 08:06 PM

we run the extra slightly tail heavy for easier hover.

Billsky 08-14-2003 05:47 PM

Re: Black Horse

Originally posted by TD1
you can get some info about black horse hear http://www.odieart.co.za/BlackHorse.htm

I just had the Elevator rip out of mine and they were pre hinged in, I checked them and seemed ok but when I did a hard manauver the elevator ripped out and "CRUNCH" it was totaly destroyed very weak balsa. I will not buy another BLACKHORSE MODEL. I was lucky that my ENYA 60 4 stroke survived the CRASH.

rockmon 08-15-2003 12:34 AM

Yup I have changed my opinion on these models, my Sukhoi will take off and fly pretty nice but I can't seem to figure it out when it comes to landing the darn thing, it comes in nice and straight and will even slow down pretty nice but then all of a sudden it drops out of the air. I know it just stops flying but it never seems to do it the same way and I don't want to spend the time trying to figure it out so everyone that walks through my basement has a very pretty little Sukhoi to look at and talk about and that is the only air time it will get now (hanging from the ceiling). It does make a pretty little hangar queen though but that's not what I bought it for and will not be buying another. Maybe I'll make some over sized control surfaces this winter and try to make it 3d and if it splats, I'll have room for another plane.

cstevec 08-15-2003 01:12 AM

Black Horse Models

I haven't flown the rest but I built the EXTRA with a Saito .72 and was very impressed. The plane balanced perfectly at the aft end of CG range and would knife edge like a dream. Flew the pattern like a champ and had no bad habits to speak of. Unfortunatly I dumb thumbed it into the ground. I liked it well enough to order another. I dunno, maybe the cap is different. :rolleyes:

gasoline 08-16-2003 04:51 AM

Hi,

Black horse have existed in my country for quite sometimes....and yes its cheap....I have most of the moels they have sukhoi , extra , cap...alll fly well...except for the spitfire and gladiator....be very very careful with the elevator hinges....for the gladiator make sure you remove the elevator and redo it again cause i have to of this and the elevator came off...for the spitfire...again the elevator...in my club we have bout7 of it when it just launch...all have the elevator problem even its been reinforce and alll kind of thing have been done...stiillll fail....the rest of the model are ok...my advise don't buy the spitfire...

awood12345 08-16-2003 02:31 PM

The Black Horse spit is ugly too!

Alan

Harigo 08-25-2003 01:15 PM

Black Horse ARF

I've had 3 superairs (two crashed) and an Extra 300. Found all of them to be great intermediate flyers. Superair floats forever but is still aerobatic. Both planes are light and I used a OS 52 for the superair and OS70 for the Extra

However I must warn you about their Spitfire. Four or Five have crashed at my club due to stab flutter and in most cases the elevator parts in mid air

gasoline 08-27-2003 09:48 AM

Harigo where do you fly often?.....