RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   .25 size Gee Bee ARF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/3141663-25-size-gee-bee-arf.html)

Sport_Pilot 08-25-2006 02:20 PM

RE: .25 size Gee Bee ARF

In real life the Gee Bee flew like a brick and killed everyone who got in them.
You would be wrong on both counts. They were fabulous racers, and Doolittle lived to fight WW II and died an old man.

Quote from Doolittle.

"She is the sweetest ship I've ever flown. She is perfect in every respect and the motor is just as good as it was a week ago. It never missed a beat and has lots of stuff in it yet. I think this proves that the Granville brothers up in Springfield build the very best speed ships in America today."

robbiebanshee 09-13-2006 06:49 PM

i have one sitting in front of me i just built with an fp .20 header and pipe . Has any one actually flown one ? I notice people are talking about putting up to a .40 in it but it looks like way to much from here . has any one flown one with a .20? what size prop ? how are the landing carictoristics ?

Sport_Pilot 09-14-2006 10:38 AM

I was considering buying one and put a Magnum .30 FS in it. But they seem to be on the heavy side and I am waiting on someone to report on how well it flies!

BULL-RCU 09-14-2006 02:21 PM

I have one but never got to building it. GOing into fall months now so will be next spring.

Sport_Pilot 09-15-2006 10:57 AM

Shouldn't take long to build. Wouldn't that take a week to build, then three months of flying left? Warm enough to fly through the winter here, but not every weekend, just the warmer non rainy ones.

BULL-RCU 09-15-2006 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

Shouldn't take long to build. Wouldn't that take a week to build, then three months of flying left? Warm enough to fly through the winter here, but not every weekend, just the warmer non rainy ones.
Very quick build on this one. Just when we get into the fall months grass tends to get longer and this has real small wheels with wheel pants... Just asking to get caught and broken... Beside I have a 29% Ultimate I'm working on as a project so that has preference...

Sport_Pilot 09-18-2006 07:45 AM

Beside I have a 29% Ultimate I'm working on as a project so that has preference...
So you like extreme differance in size? Either very big, or very small? LOL

BULLITTGT 10-14-2006 09:08 AM

hi guys
can someone provide me the controll throws for the AK Models Gee Bee 25
The numbers in my manual must be for the 120 size plane....rudder and elevator = 20 mm or .787 inch
Alerions = 15 mm or .590 inch and they call for 4.14 inch on the c/g...that is more than half way back on the wing....daaaa dont think that will work too well.
I can get 5/16 or .312 inch travel from the alierons so something is very wrong with the manual.
I think i found the correct c/g dimension ...2.165 inch at ak's web site but their online manual doesnt provide the control throws.
Thanks guys
Ohh...by the way...this will be powered by an os la .40 and i will write back with the results good or bad early next summer.

BULLITTGT 10-14-2006 09:12 AM

BULLITTGT 07-01-2007 02:18 PM

Flew my 25 gee bee!!!!
simply amazing fun.....my second season flying r/c planes and this plane is a trip.
I believe a few mods made this plane fly much better than the stock configuration.
I Adjusted a few things and will test fly again hopefully tonite...weather pending.
I will now forever own and FLY a gee bee !

BULL-RCU 07-04-2007 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: BULLITTGT

Flew my 25 gee bee!!!!
simply amazing fun.....my second season flying r/c planes and this plane is a trip.
I believe a few mods made this plane fly much better than the stock configuration.
I Adjusted a few things and will test fly again hopefully tonite...weather pending.
I will now forever own and FLY a gee bee !

I have not built mine yet just too many planes... I am kinda glad because I think I am going to make this one Electric... Where did you set the CG and trows at? Will be fun...

jerryboy111 10-11-2007 03:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
look what i found! [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/gee-bee-25-rc-plane.html]another gee bee 25!!!!![/link]...shoot, its' about time somebody brings this baby back now that we have all these crazy ass lipo and brushless! can any expert here recommend me the best brushless motors and lipo-battery? i want to buy them together to save on shipping so any help would be greatly appreciated

[link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/batteries.html]lipo batteries[/link]
[link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/mopose.html]monster brushless motor[/link]

thanks
jerry boy 111

BULL-RCU 10-15-2007 10:05 AM

I have a friend who has a web site Sells Lipos and Set-ups... and is heavy into Electric airplanes... I will get his address later today and get back to you... This new one looks like the older Red one done in the Black and Yellow Sceme... Like this one too...

LErn2Fly 03-19-2008 09:48 PM

Gee Bee Gee Bee 25 40" RC Nitro Gas Model Airplane ARF. I just purchased this and I have to buy the engine any suggestions

thanks
Ernie

BULLITTGT 03-20-2008 07:10 AM

Hi Ernie
I put on os fp .40 in my gee bee and it flys great.
I very wide speed envelope...the guys in my club thinks it does approx 120 mph.
The plane with this engine balances out with no additional weight.
She is a handfull to land but this is true with any gee bee.

jet A 08-05-2008 08:43 AM

Hello.
I am new on the forum and I need some help with an GEE BEE 25. I take one from HI MODEL, and I really apreciate if some one can told me which controls defections put in the plane. I read BULLITGT post than told the model flies gret so really apreciate also the cg position.
I´m going to put in it a Thunter tiger 36 and for the radio gear 4 mini servos.

thanks

odieyodie 12-03-2008 04:49 PM

Is the FLY FLY Gee Bee the same as this one? I just ordered one from E-Bay and they sure look the same. I plan on using either a Rimfire 35-30-1450 or a Hyperion HP-Z3025-8 for the motor swinging a 12x6 prop. 2200 Ma. Lipo and a Electrifly silver series 45amp ESC. Which of these motors would you use? Will standard size Airtronics and receiver work with this plane or do I need to go to the micro size?

twigster 02-25-2009 08:01 AM

hi all, i think i've settled on putting a GMS .32 in mine.. same size as their .25.
seems like a safe thing to over power, and i as well hate lead in the nose.

hoping to see some more flight reports, if anyone has had a chance to do some flying.

cheers mates!