RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Flightcraft (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/370239-flightcraft.html)

bcuming 11-18-2002 02:00 AM

Flightcraft

About 10 years ago I flew a ARF high wing trainer made by Flightcraft. It was made of a white PVC material with foam covered PVC wings. It was very strong and light and flew true.
Are these models still available?

Dave Bowles 11-18-2002 12:15 PM

Flitecraft

Only in the Swap-n-shop, Nothing is left of the company.

autopilot 11-18-2002 10:55 PM

Not anymore...

Flitecraft went out of business a couple years ago. I had an Aerobat and a Bonanza which were great planes for as long as the plastic held together. I never crashed the Bonanza but after 60-70 flights it just started cracking in important areas. I have a brand new 300 that I'm going to take out soon when I finally get some daylight time. Sometimes I see them on Ebay.

RS2K 11-19-2002 05:45 AM

Flightcraft

The Aerobat 152 was my first plane. :D

Crazy4Flight 12-13-2002 05:10 AM

Flightcraft

I had the "Shadow"....looked good in the catalog...
what a hunk of junk! poor fitting parts...numerous errors in manual...and flightcraf did not respond to any letters sent to them. Gone yes i guess they got what they deserved

Steve Campbell2 12-13-2002 03:10 PM

Flightcraft

No big loss, for sure.

I had the Bonanza; what a POS. I kept flashing back to that horrible Lanier ARF I bought in 1988...<G>

FliteCraft's concept was innovative and intriguing; a basic plug'n'play model airplane for $100; add your radio and engine and fly. Too bad the execution was slip-shod.

I guess there really is no such thing as a free lunch... you can pay now, or pay later.

Steve

ozzmosis 09-19-2004 05:50 PM

RE: Flightcraft

I had/have the aerobat 152, just thinking of bining it back out it was a nice flier when I had it running, only problem was the front nose wheel kept coming loose which was a hassle, easily fixed now though with a bit more experience

smooth sailing 09-19-2004 08:22 PM

I owned the shadow, arrow, bananza and 152. They weren't the best of kits but, I still had a lot of fun with them.

Paul B.

autopilot 09-20-2004 09:40 PM

The thread that came back to life ! !

I think somebody started up some boats that suspiciously look like Flitecraft boats - I think it was Dane's Hobbies?

And may my Flitecraft Extra 300 Rest In Pieces.

T28RON 02-18-2005 07:03 PM

RE: Not anymore...

I have a flightcraft Bonanza A 36 and the vertical stab is missing. Is it possible that you would still have the plans or a drawing of the vertical fin and rudder. If you have the plane could you draw the outline for me. I would be deeply appreciative. Thank you.
Ron (T28Ron).

multicasting 02-19-2005 02:40 AM

Hah! This is funny to see! I just dug out my Arrow two weeks ago, and rebuilt it and flew it. It was the older Arrow back when the company was still called Jayhawk. Two flightcraft aircraft just sold on Ebay last week. I tried for the arrow for spare parts, but the seller wouldn't reply on shipping, so I didn't get agressive with the bid. The aircraft is rather odd, and not a very good plane by today's standards, but it sure flies fine!

Bob

STR8NLVL 04-03-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: T28RON

I have a flightcraft Bonanza A 36 and the vertical stab is missing. Is it possible that you would still have the plans or a drawing of the vertical fin and rudder. If you have the plane could you draw the outline for me. I would be deeply appreciative. Thank you.
Ron (T28Ron).
Ron,

I have the Flitecraft A-36 Bonanza, as well. It only has about 2 flights on it, but I'm resurrecting it for flight this month. I put it together last year and only started to test fly it a couple of months ago. I saw your post and traced the outline of the vertical fin and rudder for you today. I traced it all the way to where it is glued into the fuselage. I live in Phoenix and I note you're in Peoria. Would you like me to mail the outline to you? Otherwise, how can I get it to you?

Mike (STR8NLVL)

Dart373 12-07-2005 02:36 PM

I have a new in Box Flitecraft Cub....Looks rugged.

LSP972 12-07-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Dart373

I have a new in Box Flitecraft Cub....Looks rugged.
That's an optical illusion...:D

Do yourself a favor and ebay that puppy, then get a REAL ARF Cub. The new Goldberg looks very nice.

Dart373 12-07-2005 03:59 PM

I dont intend to keep it... It will be for sale.

MartyPetriSr 06-22-2010 10:15 PM

Putting together the Flightcraft Aerobat 152 for a customer. yes, what a POS! Anyway, I am stuck here in the Philippines with limited resources. Can someone give me the dimensions for the fuel tank? Manufacturer and Part Number would be a big plus!

Please PM me, MartyPetriSr@hotmail.com

riprocop 08-20-2017 07:25 AM

2nd RC airplane Flightcraft Arrow

After crashing my first ever RC airplane kit, Great Planes TR40 by Bridi. I bought the Arrow, not the Arrow II with access doors on the side, original low symmetrical wing. Back then, when I was 13 yrs old, we didn't have the internet or sims. I just went out and did it with my own research, mostly the major flying magazines at the time. The Arrow was fast with a glow Irvine .40. I remember flying it once, went up like the tr40, made a turn back and kept on going. Good bye.