RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   something extra wings (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/515791-something-extra-wings.html)

jle 01-28-2003 02:36 PM

something extra wings

I just bought it and I have been wondering if I need to glue the aluminum rod inside the sleeve? Also does anyone know what size of nylon bolt that will fit in the landing gear blind nuts? Thanks for your help. :confused:

David Cutler 01-28-2003 02:59 PM

Re: something extra wings

Quote:

Originally posted by jle
I just bought it and I have been wondering if I need to glue the aluminum rod inside the sleeve? Also does anyone know what size of nylon bolt that will fit in the landing gear blind nuts? Thanks for your help. :confused:
No need to glue the aluminum tube in the sleeve. It centers itself.

You did glue the caps on the ends of the tubes in the wing didn't you? . . . Just checkin' !

-DC

F.Ciccarello 01-28-2003 03:34 PM

wing tube SE

David, good point.
Seems the smallest things cause the biggest problems.

jle 01-28-2003 06:51 PM

something extra

The airplane is a arf and I didnt find any of the caps for the aliminum rods where can I get them If I dont find them laying around anywhere else? :confused:

David Cutler 01-28-2003 07:30 PM

Re: something extra

Quote:

Originally posted by jle
The airplane is a arf and I didnt find any of the caps for the aliminum rods where can I get them If I dont find them laying around anywhere else? :confused:
I presume we are talking about the aluminum tube that mounts the wings, and the tubes they go into in the wing?

I had the kit, and the end caps were the cut-outs for the inner wing ribs, glued on the ends of the tubes.

The ARF probably has the caps glued in place already. Try pushing the aluminum tube into each of the wing tubes, and see if it stops solidly.

-David.

F.Ciccarello 01-28-2003 07:38 PM

Sig SE

You'r right, the arf should have the caps installed. disregard my perevious post.

jle 01-28-2003 09:29 PM

something extra wings

Thank you guys very much for the information I thought It had like rubber caps that go on. It does stop in the wings solid.

LSP972 01-28-2003 11:13 PM

something extra wings

1 Attachment(s)
Check this out; my main flying buddy's mother-in-law threw it together for me out of scraps she had laying around.

Thin foam all around and in-between, and note the carrying handle. Too cool...

Steve

whstlngdeath 01-29-2003 05:03 AM

Cool cover....

Your buddy's m-i-l should go into business! I'd buy some...

Jesse

M3 01-29-2003 10:24 AM

something extra wings

The aluminum wing tube should remain removable, i.e. do not glue it into the fuselage (or the wings, obviously).

There are no "caps" for the male wing tube.

The ARF should have come with three stainless bolts for the landing gear, not nylon.

LSP972 01-29-2003 12:47 PM

something extra wings

I mentioned that to my pal; apparently she's not interested.

Steve