RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   *New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF* (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/6029327-%2Anew-h9-frenzy-100-arf%2A.html)

thevirginian 01-02-2008 09:49 PM

RE: *New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

Hey grandpa,
My wing is straight as a board. The horizontal stab is perfectly parallel with the wing, but the fin is leaning a tad to the left. That should not affect anything, though. I am overly careful when I build an ARF. But sometimes you miss this or that. I know how she flies. That's why I bought me one. She is a great little acrobat. Horizon is great to deal with, when it comes to problem solving. They really stand behind their products[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

kid chuckles 01-03-2008 07:29 AM

Hey Joe been awhile. Still flying mine have alot of air time with it now. Having some motor issues at this time. It deadsticked on me a few days ago. After i had adjusted trying to lean it out some. Also did you have to raise the fuel tank on yours? My tank sits higher than my needle valve and tends to flood the motor after fueling. I have been putting about 3/4 full in the tank and that seems to help but man it has started to give me some concerns. Mine is fairly rich and i don't know alot about the 4 strokes. Has a beautiful smoke trail lol. It seems to run fine but the flooding after fueling is getting to me. I run the fuel line to the top of the cowl to a fuel dot from there to carb. Thought that would take care of the flooding but it still seems to flood some.

thevirginian 01-03-2008 08:01 AM

Hey kid,
You are running a S 125, are you? I noticed the same problems on mine. She is really hard to get to keep idleing on the ground. Already thought I got me a crappy Saito, or something.

grandad1 01-03-2008 08:49 AM

Hi Kid its been awhile hope you'll had A good Christmas and A happy New Year!I have not did anything too my tank and I too have A trail of smoke but I like that in A Saito.MIne idle good and run good and I havn't notis any flooding.I use A fueler and not A fuel dot.I havn't had A dead stick (yet) but that don't mean it wont happen the next time i fly it lol.The Saito ( too me ) run's A little richer then the Magnum 4 stroks and are lighter and have more power then the Magnum.I run both motors on my planes I have the 70 the 91 and the 120 Magnum motor and I hav the 72 the 82 the 91 the 100 the 125 and the 150 Saito in my planes and I like the way they all run.I did buy A 72 Saito at A swap meet and it isn't right but as I checked out the Kadet I have it on my clunk in my tank is lose so I am hoping that is the problem there,I havn't had time too look at it yet because I am building on too my house.I do try too loop my fuel line above my carb and that might be something for you too look at doing befor trying too move you tank.hoped this helps and good luck.

Joe

kid chuckles 01-03-2008 07:49 PM

Virginan the Saito 125 don't know if it has an S or not.
Grandad I meant a fueler DuBro brand
Also my fuel line i have is pretty long and runs out of tank and down then loops up to fueler then from fueler to the carb. I could not get my wing to fit it hits the back top of the tank or the bottom i guess anyway unless i raise it about a 1/2" it hits the wing and will not let it sit down enough for the dowels to go into the fues. I think I messed it up trying to make it better and messed with the low idle. I think now i may have it back where it is real close to right. Mine while running on the ground just spits alot of unburnt fuel. But that is fine with me as long as it starts good and runs on the top end. Anyway Merry New Year and stuff. Give me a holler when you start to your Sons and I will try to get up and fly a little with yall.
Virginan maybe someone that knows alot more than me will ring in here and see if they might be able to help out with your. All i can think of is the low idle screw. When I messed with mine then was dying out on top end. Everybody happy new year hope you all ate alot of them Blackyeyed Peas.
Grandad think i am going to sell my Sundowner not any fun having a plane your scared to fly. Don't know if i am going to go ARF or just without the reciever and battery. I am just not enough of a flyer for a plane such as this and would rather someone else enjoy it while it is still together lol.

thevirginian 01-03-2008 10:21 PM

Hey Kid;
Regarding the proper fit of your tank, cut the two top motor mount screws flush withthe blind nuts and opern the hole in the fire wall for the tank plug a tad. Now the tank will slide all the way in and nothing should protrude where the wing sattle is. Use some foam to wedge the tank tight in its space. That should take care of that problem.

grandad1 01-03-2008 11:27 PM

Hey Kid I did the same thing that thevirginian did too his too get my wing too fit.As far as getting your motor too run right you may have too redo the low and hi end neddle too get it too run and idle right.Some times the vales can be off just enought too cause one too run ruff too.Hope this might help,Kid what size motor do you have in your Sundowner and how much are you going too ask for it?What wing spand is it?

Joe

grandad1 01-03-2008 11:37 PM

Kid the next time I go too my son's too fly I will give you A call.It may be after it warms up a little bit.I go back and get your phone no and put it in my phone.Kid did you go too the Denton swap meet back in October?Or the one in Weatherford? I would like too get together and meet you and fly A bird or two.I am coming along with my new addon too my house and hope too have it completed in anoughter 2or 3 weeks.Then I can maybe start too put my Bipe together.Talk too you'll later.

Joe

kid chuckles 01-04-2008 07:12 AM

Did not make Denton but did make Weatherford. It was pretty descent. I got some servo ext. there and my buddy got a couple gyros. He dadgum near ruined his Funtana 100 trying out the gyros. It was funny watching him. The plane kinda had a mind of its own it seemed like. They came out after the first flight. Yes warmer is better. I am not good with the cold anymore. After working out in it for ever it is nice now to sit back and let someone else get cold while i don't lol. My son don't think so but what does he know he is a kid yet. Sure just give me a holler and i will try my best might bring my son along with me if he can make it. He has not started with glow yet. He just does not have the place to work on or store them. And I have not been able to get him to fly mine much either. He is worried he will crash one of them. As I am about flying anyone else's plane. And that would be very easy for me to do i am practiced at the art of hard landing.

grandad1 01-04-2008 08:41 AM

I was at Weatherford and I gat A Saito 72 for $100.00 and 2 Zernor's 23 new for $375.00 stil in the box.My son is going too put one on his Killer Bee when he gets it built.And I;m looking for something too put the other one in.Would it work in that Sundowner?Yes it is nice too NOT have too go too work and I too can't take the cold like I use too.I will let you know when we plan too fly down there.

Joe

kid chuckles 01-07-2008 07:19 AM

Grandad the Sundowner has the Saito 180 w/ maybe 2 gals. run thru it. Most of it in the backyard. I have flow it 3 times for a total of about. 10 min. I fly it and am just so nervous that i land it quickly lol. I bent the landing gear the last time. Just bent the gear though nothing else.
Saito 180
DS 821's everywhere
On board glow. Works off the throttle setting 60- 70.00
Volt Meter
90Degree muffler adapter to keep it in cowl
only hole in cowl is for needle valve
80" wing span
It is pretty fast Grandad But i am sure not as fast as the bigger gas engines are
6V & 4V batteries one for glow and other for elec.
Spektrum 7000 reciever. Will keep
That is pretty much how mine is set up.
Will e-mail you with more details don't want to get to far off topic.
it sits right beside my FRENZY 100 lol.

grandad1 01-07-2008 09:53 PM

Yes send me the Email and let me know how much you are going too sak for it.

Joe

rgoldy 02-26-2008 07:53 PM

Since the G23 was a failure in this airframe I have been keeping my eyes open for and finally scored one of those BME/SupreTiger 90 gas conversions. Guy at the club has one in a warbird and they are just scary powerful. Now just shake this cold and get a somewhat sunny day and maybe I can get inspired to put this in my replacement Frenzy.

intrepid101 03-02-2008 06:01 PM

Why was the G23 a failure??

rgoldy 03-02-2008 07:45 PM

WAY too much weight. Had to put over a pound in the tail to balance it. Snapped the wings right in two just when it started to get interesting.

juice90 03-04-2008 01:24 PM

Just got one on Sat. Kinda liked it from the first time I laid eyes on it.Going to be powered with an enya 120. But awaiting word from manf about the damaged wing I found when i opened it up. Nothing too serious, easily fixed. Just see if will maybe send me the matching covering to repair it with.

Anybody haveing any problems with the landing gear holding up?? looks rather lightly built in that area.

rclement 03-04-2008 02:08 PM

I just got one last night from the LHS. I probably won't get starting building it untill Saturday morning. Looks to be very nicely made.

grandad1 03-04-2008 06:31 PM

Hi juice I have A frenzy and I have had A problem with my wing bein off 3 deg from the other side.They sent me A new to replace it.I have flow mine about 6 times and I have had nO problem with my landing gera.I have A Saito 125 in mine with 126 MG servos.It is fun too fly.If you will go back in this tread and read it you will see all the problem this plane has.It is perty well detail out in this tread.One guy put A 23 gaser on his and the wing snaped half in too he said.Too much weight.The 120 will do just fine in fact A 91 will fly the hex out of it.Hope this helps and good luck.

Joe

grandad1 03-04-2008 06:36 PM

rgoldy if you can email me at [email protected] and let me know how I can find the super tiger 90 gaser i would apreate it very much thanks.

Joe

intrepid101 03-04-2008 07:24 PM

Whats the weight of the G23? Im thinking of getting BCMA-SPORT26 its weight is 36oz. Do you think this will be too much weight also??

grandad1 03-04-2008 08:41 PM

I have A G23 I weight today and it weight 54 oz with out the muffler.Mine is not ei.Hope this helps.

Joe

rgoldy 03-04-2008 09:25 PM

Specs on a 26 say 53 oz so you are right there. Add another 1+ pounds in the tail to balance and it is just too heavy.

juice90 03-05-2008 08:05 AM

Thanks Grandad1 I read through all of the fourms. Don't think there was much said about gear failures. Just thought i'd ask since they were posted last summer. Looking forward to flying it. Even though muh buddy figures its uggly as sin.. lol.

still waitin to see what hanger 9 says bout the wing. I will keep everyone updated.

EDIT.. hanger 9 is sending me out the covering I need to do the repairs.

juice90 03-14-2008 07:42 AM

Well, i fixed the damage last night, though I haven't recived the replacement covering yet. I don't know who or what smacked this but crushed 2 ribs and 3 sections of the sheer webbing. The damage I saw on top was more cosmetic than anything else and the spar was ok.

At first inspection, it looked as if the spar had been broken, but was basicaly just bent ( lack of a better term) I removed the damaged sheer web and gently pushed everything back into alignment and then glued a 1/8th inch lite ply sheer web into place to hold it all together. I also wicked some thin CA into the sheeting to strengthen it.

After I reshrunk the covering on the top of the wing, you can't even see it was damaged.

intrepid101 03-14-2008 12:37 PM

Thats good, let us know how it flies...