RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Spoiler/Big Boy family and friends (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/7171427-spoiler-big-boy-family-friends.html)

yellodog 12-24-2008 08:31 AM

RE: Spoiler/Big Boy family and friends

To all the good little guys and gals that keep this great hobby going in our neck of the woods,
have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.:D
Hope Santa is good to all.

Nogyro 12-24-2008 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: brewski

Merry Christmas to all! Look forward to another day at the field with you guys soon.

Doug and Frank,

Christmas looks pretty good! 50cc Wildhare Edge and a Mojo 40! :D

Kevin
Camden TN
Hey Kevin,

Good to hear from ya! I guess someone's been REAL GOOD this year! [sm=lol.gif]

Can't wait to fly again with you guys. If the weather keeps it up, we may need to buy some boats. LOL

GregT882762 12-24-2008 09:44 AM

I hear ya frank,cameron will be (ok i will be Very dissapoiinted if the weather cooperates tomorrow and the field id standing in water,try explaining that to a kid.lol may have to build some potoons for the cadet

randy racer 01-01-2009 06:40 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

RR

GregT882762 01-01-2009 08:39 AM

Anyone braving the cold to fly today!!!!!

Nogyro 01-01-2009 09:06 AM

If it hits 45 we'll give it a shot! :) We're at 20 right now..... [&o]

sl5406 01-02-2009 09:10 PM

Spoilers Fans,

I am searching for assistance on finishing my framed up Spoiler. Several years ago I purchased a set of Spoiler plans from the Manufacturers fun fly rep at a
local event. After framing up the Spoiler, my plans were misplaced during a move of my residence. Contacted East Rc to purchase another set of plans or get specific info on AC Balance point, low and high rate throw settings of all control surfaces, engine thrust angles, hard point locations for control horns etc.
East Rc promised assistance, but no response yet. If there are Spoiler owners willing to assist me with needed info, I would certainly appreciate anyone willing to provide help.

[email protected]

randy racer 01-02-2009 10:49 PM

sl5406, start the C 0f G at around 6 " back from leading edge of the wing. the spoiler can be flown from 5.5 to 7.5 back. on mine and most spoiler flyers i know set the throws for about all you can get on high rates. most don't ever fly on low rates so just a shot in the dark but set low rated about 1/3 of high rates to start and adjust as needed to fit your flying style.

randy

GregT882762 01-02-2009 11:37 PM

What are low rates haha

East RC 01-03-2009 01:32 AM

ORIGINAL: sl5406

East Rc promised assistance, but no response yet. If there are Spoiler owners willing to assist me with needed info, I would certainly appreciate anyone willing to provide help.

[email protected]
I sent you an e-mail with what info we had.

kev40 01-03-2009 09:42 PM

I lost my JBB today do to a midair with a trainer. I was hovering and the guy flew right through the tail of my plane.The trainer had damage to the left wing but landed , can be fixed. [>:] The JBB is a total loss I just loved the plane to bad we cant get them anymore.[&o]

spoiler-man 01-06-2009 11:13 AM

If anyone is interested in buying a spoiler, mine is for sale. It is the one pictured on the 1st page of this thread, white with red checkered and Colson Aircraft the on the wing. With a thunder tigre 120 this plane weighted less that 10lb. Never crashed with not very many flights (mostly flying gassers lately). Airframe only 350.oo
Kenny Colson

gendreau 01-14-2009 01:43 AM

Hi:

I'm new to this forum and I apologize to break the chain of friendly conversation. Two questions: 1) What is the status of the Spoiler ARF? Based on what I've gathered, the "import ship" has sunk and Engineering has started to draft the plans for a new ship. AKA: delivery is dependent on the completion of said ship. 2) If interested finding Spoiler plans, where would one go to purchase/download? Once again, information seems difficult to obtain. Other than "call Jerry", I have not found additional contact information......phone#, email, address, etc. Sorry for the sarcasim and any/all info is greatly appreciated.

randy racer 01-14-2009 06:43 AM

i don't know of any plans for sale unless you just stumble into some one willing to sell their personal set. from what i understand jerry sold the rights to the plans to east rc and can not sell copies even if he wanted to. if you can get in contact with him he might be able to help.
i'm not sure when the spoilers will be ready but i do hope it is soon.

spoilerman a couple of post back said he was selling his built spoiler. i have seen him fly it several times and it looks to be a very nice plane so maybe that would be a way for you to get one soon.

rr

ksmith0272 01-16-2009 09:24 PM

I have a set of plans that I would be willing to sell for $50.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

dg512055 01-16-2009 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The usual suspects at work. Look at all that MEAT!!! 144 Rib-Eye Steaks, vacuum bagged and in the freezer, ready for some good weather and good friends.

brewski 01-17-2009 06:32 AM

Doug,

That is not nice!

Nogyro 01-17-2009 09:18 AM

Doug and Jim,

You guys had a busy day yesterday! Boy all that sure does look good. What a tease it is to see all those steaks bagged and ready to go for this coming eating........urrrrrrrrr....... flying season! You boys are going above and beyond duty! [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

JNohsey 01-17-2009 09:32 AM

Frank, I kept telling Doug that we needed to try out a couple of them, but he didn't won't to cook any last night.

All I have to do now is mount rec battery in my JBB and it is ready to go again. Thanks to Frank and Bill I was able to make another OS 120 ax out of parts from 2.

Nogyro 01-17-2009 11:00 AM

Hey Jim,

No doubt the "hybrid" 120 will be the best of all of them. :D

Are you SURE you guys didn't have steak last night on the club? ;)

JNohsey 01-17-2009 11:14 AM

Frank, I WANED TO but Doug didn't, he has his to put up his steaks today.

fuego 01-17-2009 08:13 PM

You can trust Jim with steaks... That is, if Doug doesn't want to cook them. :D

randy racer 01-18-2009 10:44 AM

you guys are making me hungry! i am looking forward to getting together with you all soon.

rr

JNohsey 01-18-2009 10:51 AM

But Keith, what about the ones I have here????????? You want one? HAHAHAH!!!!!

fuego 01-18-2009 07:07 PM

Jim, you're evil. I can hear (see) it in the laugh.