RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Extreme Flight RC (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/727265-extreme-flight-rc.html)

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:30 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
Yak.

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:31 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
Profile Edge.

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:32 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
Tail on the P-Edge

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:33 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
Inside view of the P-Edge. Not a great picture but you can see the light construction.

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:35 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
Hatch removed on the P-Edge.
Yes, the tank is included.

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:35 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
65" Extra.

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:37 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
Hatch on the 65" Extra

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:38 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
Inside shot of the 65" Extra

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:39 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
Wing tip shot of the 65" Extra

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:41 AM

Extreme Flight RC

1 Attachment(s)
One more of the Yak.

Shortman 05-02-2003 01:10 AM

Extreme Flight RC

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????? :( you know I don't have any money! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Columbo 05-02-2003 01:20 AM

Extreme Flight RC

Love the looks of that YAK. Maybe I can talk my wife into getting me one for a christmas present.

Greg

ilrcflyboy 05-02-2003 01:46 AM

Awesome

Things of absolute beauty. Thanks for sharing the pics.

wgeffon 05-02-2003 01:49 AM

Extreme Flight RC

What doesnt show up in the pics is that the black on the P-Edge is actually the Carbon Fiber looking covering.

jldecarlo 05-02-2003 03:13 AM

Extreme Flight RC

What does the bottom of the P-edge look like?

Leonard

kroflite54 05-02-2003 04:35 AM

p-edge

hi wayne

thanks for all the pics.I ordered a p-edge at the toledo show.all his planes look good.Where is the rx battery pack located in the p-edge and How does the p-edge handle at low speeds,in particular ,landings?

thanks

ken

wgeffon 05-02-2003 12:10 PM

Extreme Flight RC

Quote:

Originally posted by jldecarlo
What does the bottom of the P-edge look like?

Leonard

Good question.... I forgot. :(

I will find out for you though.

wgeffon 05-03-2003 12:07 AM

Extreme Flight RC

Ken,

Look at post #30 in this thread. You can see the RX sitting on a small shelf under where the hatch goes.

Leonard,

The bottom of the wing is white with two black stripes that run parallel to
the fuselage near the tip of the wing. The bottom of the stab is the same as
the wing.

flyinrazrback 05-04-2003 05:15 PM

Extreme Flight RC

The Yak 54 he had with the DA 50, did he have the da muffler or the tuned can setup? Remember what prop?

wgeffon 05-04-2003 06:00 PM

Extreme Flight RC

I belive it had a Mejzlik 22x10 on it.
When I flew it it had the standard DA muffler on it. Chris said he had been flying it with the tuned system prior to that day but had some header problems and then switched it over to the Std. muffler.
He said the tuned system was really nice.

Bob Pastorello 05-04-2003 06:04 PM

Yak Waiting List!

If ya'll want one, you better write Chris NOW !!!

He emailed me that he is accepting reservations for the first shipment, estimated delivery in September...on deposit basis....

I can't see NOT having one of these, even if it means Patty has to GO....<G>

Thanks, Wayne, for all the info and insight about the bird!! Even my WIFE likes the color scheme and appearance....(not a normal thing) :)

wgeffon 05-04-2003 06:11 PM

Re: Yak Waiting List!

Quote:

Originally posted by aerobob
Thanks, Wayne, for all the info and insight about the bird!!
Not a problem..

flyinrazrback 05-05-2003 11:36 PM

Extreme Flight RC

September delevery? That bites, guess will have to find another project to hold me over.

remcl 05-23-2003 12:35 AM

Extreme Flight RC

I reserved an Extra today. I talked to Chris over the phone and I am real excited that he and his company are the real deal. In case you are on the fence here is what made up my mind. I am coming off a bad experience with Creek Hobbies. I have one of those over weight sleds. I decided in order to get a light weight plane with the modifications that I wanted was to scratch build one. I love the Carl Goldberg Extra. I have built a few of them and had a mod or three in mind. I saw the Extreme Extra and it really reminded me of the Goldberg and it already has the 3D mods done. Now I am thinking ARF. Mass produced for extreme profit, not flight. I am still looking for an ARF that is built the way I built. Everything looked good, so I decided to give Chris a call and have my questions answered. The plane has the mods I want, so the only sticking points would be the way it is built. The most important thing that Chris told me was that he was working with the manufacturer in selecting and sorting the wood that goes into the planes. All you scratch builders know how important that is. The other thing that sold me was that fact that Chris is not a hobby shop. Remember I said that I was not happy with a Creek Hobby Plane. They (this is my philosophy) are a hobby store buying planes as cheap as they can and then re-selling them for as much as they can. On the other hand, Chris is a pro flier, and has a great deal to do with the design and the way they are built. Chris did not go to an Expo and buy the cheapest plane that he though he could make the most money on. I am sure he will make money, but that is fine with me as long as I get value. Until I see the need to change I am staying away from Hobby shops that just turn around a plane. I want to deal with a fellow pilot that has his hand in the design.

Pugsley-RCU 05-23-2003 12:41 AM

Well said...

I think you will find that Chris has gone the extra mile on these planes. They are built like you would build one your self.

Flew the Yak at the Nall and you will not be disapointed. He had the Extra there as well and I can tell you he had 100's of offers for it on the spot. You will love this plane.

Pugs