RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   *Hangar 9 New Pulse 125* (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/8922593-%2Ahangar-9-new-pulse-125%2A.html)

PTS 11-12-2009 02:10 AM

RE: *Hangar 9 New Pulse 125*

I also glued a piece of carbon rod on outside of the factory flimsy pushrod on the elevator to help with some of the rear flex problems. Also I soldered a clevis on the servo end of the elevator rod and got rid of the useless z-bend which allows play...

plouxi 11-12-2009 06:04 PM

Hi,

First sorry for my english but it's not easy for me, i'm french :)

I've just received my new pulse xt 125, and i am affraid when i read your message.

I don't understand the problems, (my english is poor ! :) ) so is it possible for example to put some images of your plane, and if you can show what modification i have to do before assembling my plane

Thanks a lot

AngLeo 11-12-2009 09:10 PM

I noticed more flutter t-day too.So I reinforced the stab,took any play out and will try again.....this appears to be the cause of the first crash.Can anyone think of whats causing this???.....and most of all ....a fix for the problem.

AngLeo 11-12-2009 09:33 PM

Im thinking the same,take all play out and stiffen the tail section/ elev. flap....I also ironed good to help tighten her down....I re-did the rod between the two flaps and will reinforce that to...The only other thing I can think off is installing a second elev. servo to hold it down,if this even works.I AM IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING AND EDITING PICS TO POST HERE...STAY TUNED. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?....THX

AngLeo 11-15-2009 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics of my Pulse,and the mods I made to take care of the bad flutter at med speeds the plane has.I stiffened the horz.stab with the angles you see,and ....yes,I installed a second elev. servo...the non-drive side has play and kinda flimsy,due to the metal wire holding the left and right sections together.Its a bit of a task to install it....but well worth it!...the tail/flapsare nowvery stiff,free moving.I installed pins thru all the factory installed hinges and sealed both sides of the elev....one side on all the rest.Note to install the extra servo in the tray that exists...I had to move the trottle servo to the othe side,move the rudder servo to where the throttle was, and extended the control wire( the longest I could buy was only 30" so had to solder on two more inchs...used heavier wire to make up for the length...and ya have to install the second tube for the extra elev. servo.....all the holes/guides,control horn holes are there......just covered overAt balancing,i had to add 4.5 oz to the nose to make up for the extra hardware..So t-day was a sweeeeeeet flying day,calm and sunny.I flew nearly 15 tanks!...now the flutter is completely gone,and flys strong and true.Handles most stunts....lands with ease.....and is very fast with the EVO 1.2....16x6 apc performance prop.My confidence is back up and I love my plane again....it flew GREAT!....Not a single issue.I also would not use standard servos in this plane,I put two 3010s at the elevs and the rudder,a 3004 at throttle and out on the wings are fine,but will soon put better ones at the alerions.Its so nice to fly it more than working on it now....shes good for along time...not changing a thing and it flys soooooo good,definatly a keeper.

dmohring 11-30-2009 05:36 PM

Just read this forum. I have had very similar problems with my Pulse 125. I am running a CRRC-Pro gas engine which has been great. Initial flight, heard a noise and saw the tail take a bump, then lost all elevator control and the plane went in the trees. Tore up the wings pretty bad. Stripped gear on elevator servo. Ordered new wings and installed metal servos. I also glued the rudder and stab to the fuselage. Flew two flights and had to land as the elevator without the horn was loose and flapping in the breeze. Lucky to get it down with no damage.

Re CAed the hinges and pinned them all with hardwood toothpicks. Flew again this weekend and on the second flight the horizontal stabilizer and elevator started fluttering and again I was lucky to get it down. The horizontal stabilizer was broken on one side and the elevator rod connecting both sides was broken loose.

I talked to Horizon support and finally got then to agree to send me a new fuselage and tail section as I had glued them together and would tear up a new plane getting them apart. I plan to use struts on the new tail section when it arrives.

Great flying plane, just hope this fixes the problems. Support at Horizon said they had not heard of this problem. Hope someone there will read these replies.

Lotsofcrashes 01-18-2010 05:57 AM

Hi Angleo, ive been looking at this plane and thinking what a beauty she would be in the Hangar. Haven't seen any for sale in Australia as yet but if there was I would certainly be interested. Your input into this thread has been really good in pointing out a serious problem that should not be in the plane if it were designed, manufactured and tested properly before going to market. I note that Hangar 9 has been silent as usual when it comes to problems with the design of their planes. Thats the issue of nosing over and more importantly the elevator  coming apart in flight.<div>Thank goodness Horizon honours its sales, where as Hangar 9 just stays silent. How about an apology and update advising that the plane has had a redesign which has fixed the problem rather than sticking your head in the sand....Is anyone from H9 listening !!</div>

AngLeo 01-18-2010 07:19 PM

I agree.....When the problems arrive ....they should address them.But,It is a new addition to the H9 fleet,and most likely was tested before release.The only test for the real world.....is the real world.Along the lines of production, some things from protos might not be incorperated into the production model.Im sure if theres enough problems with a certian aircraft....there listening quietly,and betcha improvements will follow.Some may not have this or any problems.Dont give up wanting this craft....Get one, and just pay attention to detail.The Funtana I just finished is much better than the first produced kits....they made changes where there was posted concerns and the kit I have ....couldnt be any better.The pulse is a great looking/flying aircraft.My advise....GETIT....and try for the latest kits....think youll be happy.

dmohring 01-18-2010 07:29 PM

I agree also, it is a great plane. After all my problems, which I described above, I stripped the covering off the bottom of the horiz stab and sheeted it with 1/16 balsa and recovered. It really stiffened the tail section up. I also modified the elevator and put a wishbone pushrod system to the elevator with a control horn on both sides. Plane flies great now with no more flutter.

I wrote a detailed letter to customer service at Horizion, but they never have replied back to me.

Lotsofcrashes 01-18-2010 08:13 PM

Hey guys, good to see your keeping your chin up and staying positive.  Hopefully by the time they get over here there might be some improvements.  I get really annoyed when people make good things but let it down with something stupid. Its like watching a great movie with a crappy ending.<div>Anyway, I have a Zenoah g26 without a home and was wondering if it would be too big for this plane. The Pulse series and the Saratoga have a narrow fuselage  and the 26 has a pretty wide footprint on the fuselage.</div><div>
</div><div>What do you think ?? </div>

dmohring 01-18-2010 08:40 PM

Hi: I am using a CRRC-Pro 26cc gas engine in my Pulse. It handles it fine. Plenty of power, I fly it at half throttle most of the time. Would be happy to send you pictures of the installation, it you are interested.

Lotsofcrashes 01-18-2010 08:47 PM

Hi Dmohring, pics would be great. It will give me an idea at least of how much room there is on that firewall.

gsp.aero 01-18-2010 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this drawing simultaing the DLE30 on the Pulse. Seems to fit, but maybe it to much power for the plane... what do you guys think?

[ ]s
Gustavo.

dmohring 01-18-2010 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the photos of my engine installation. I mounted the the engine inverted to have a smooth cowling look.

Lotsofcrashes 01-18-2010 10:05 PM

Man thats a chunky piece of gear, you certainly wont have to worry about overheating.

AngLeo 01-18-2010 10:10 PM

Thinking its to much power there.Mine with a 1.2 2stroke at 3/4 to full wang really is fast fast,and cant stay there too long.....to sharp of a bank at that speedmayend up bad.A 20cc gas would seem to be better,but if I had26 laying around....Id put her in.This plane doesnt have the design for 3D (although Ive done knifes and hovered it,but could not pull out of it)The extra weight and power are useless....but will work and a load of fun most likely.Id prop down to a 15-16 and a 4 pitch and try.

Lotsofcrashes 01-18-2010 10:11 PM

Its pretty much a work of art how you have mounted that motor, well done.

fouro 01-19-2010 03:16 PM

Horizon Hobby lists suggested 4-stroke engine sizes for the Pulse 125 as "90–1.25 4-stroke". I am curious-Do those of you that own this model think a Saito 100 would be satisfactory power for this airplane? Thanks for your opinions.

dmohring 01-19-2010 03:23 PM

I think that a Saito 100 would be plenty of engine for the airplane. I do suggest that you do some of the mods that I have suggested. I would also put clear tape over the gap between the elevator and the horizontal stabilizer. This will not only give you a gap seal, but will help in securing the two together. Mine came loose twice.

AngLeo 01-19-2010 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: fouro

Horizon Hobby lists suggested 4-stroke engine sizes for the Pulse 125 as "90&ndash;1.25 4-stroke". I am curious-Do those of you that own this model think a Saito 100 would be satisfactory power for this airplane? Thanks for your opinions.
Yes....Its plenty.I would be happy with a 1.00 2 stroke,as well as the 1.2 i have...I thought of the Saito 100,but the shop had the 1.2 on the shelf....any 2 or 4 stroke over 1.00 is a great choice,ya dont need tons of power here....and to fast without checking the stiffness of the non-drive side of the elevator,will end up at a bad landing or worse....a devistating crash.

dmohring 01-19-2010 05:10 PM

Could agree more with stiffening the horizontal stabilizer. Been there and done that!!!!

jcemery 01-25-2010 02:58 PM

HI: I just put a CCRC-PRO 26R in my Griant STIK with 80in wing. It flies as good as my friends 34cc Zenoha. Note the 26R has rear carb and developes 3.25 HP with a 18-8 prop. Thats compared to thw 26V that only has 2.5 HP and flies a 17-8 prop. You want power and save a little wt, try the CRRC-PRO 26R! jce

pww1947 02-13-2010 02:31 PM

Hi,
 Can the Saito 125 be mounted inverted and what is the extra tube inth fuselage that comes out the bottom?
I just got mine and the stab, rudder and elevator all looks flimsley.

Thanks, Pete

w8ye 02-13-2010 09:48 PM

Works out better upright - Vent tube for the crankcase vent

AngLeo 02-14-2010 01:22 AM

ORIGINAL: pww1947

Hi,
Can the Saito 125 be mounted inverted and what is the extra tube inth fuselage that comes out the bottom?
I just got mine and the stab, rudder and elevator all looks flimsley.

Thanks, Pete
Well....the pulse is designed for the eng to be upright....but in past posts saw gassers mounted upside down,and it looks pretty cool....should work out fine,dont forget to invert the mount.