Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

.Motor/speed control shutting down....

Old 08-21-2018, 09:34 PM
ruzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .Motor/speed control shutting down....

I only have minimal electric exp. and could use some help. I picked up a P-47 foamie (Hobby Lobby?) at a Flea Mkt. recently. It came with an MP Jet AC 28/7-35D motor and speed control (no name on control but hard wired to motor) and an APC 9x3.8 prop. Has two Hitec Hs 55's. I put a GWS 6 Ch. Rec. and a Thunder Tiger 1320 3 cell lipo in it.
I flew two short flights with it and both had the same results......flew a few half throttle circuits then gave full throttle and pulled into a loop. Plane makes it 1/4 through and the motor stops . After the nose drops I glide the plane in. The plane is controllable during the glide so control surfaces are working. I did not try throttling back up during the glide. Both times the plane was ~100 feet from me.

Any Ideas???? Is my speed control not up to the current draw and shutting down?

Thanks,
Old 10-03-2018, 06:32 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry, but there is no expert Sal. This is a dead forum. Please post somewhere else.