Community
Search
Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

GWS C 47

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Azzir325

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS C 47

Hey! Hate to bother you but I recently purchased the above captioned aircraft. It comes with brushed motors (EDP300H), but I was thinking of upgrading to brushless. Is this feasable? If you aren't familiar with the plane, it is all foam, 47 inch wing (wing loading 8.1 to 9.9 oz/sq ft) with a flying weight expected about 450 to 550 grams. In it's brushed form, it cals for a single esc (gws ics 480) and nixx batteries from 7.2 to 8.4 volts 750 mah and up.

If brushless is not a good option, what about other things I have heard of like cobalts? Thanks. Rick
Old 03-24-2007, 08:20 PM
salnsp

Default RE: GWS C 47

You can definitely go to brushlessI need some info. It's really the only way to go. What sized prop does the aircraft use for the brushed motors. What size are the brushed motors, and what battery do they suggest? With this added info I think I can come up with a solution for you.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Azzir325

Default RE: GWS C 47

Sal, the manual says the motors are "EDP 300H." The markings on the motors themselves say "GWS EM300H." I weighed one and it came in at 1.7 oz. They spin EP 5030 props. 5 inch long props and I imagine 3 pitch. The batteries suggested include nimh 7.2 volt AA at 1600mah or 8.4 volt AAA at 750 mah. Thanks for your help.