Community
Search
Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

help my battery started smoking

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:20 PM
jomo777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help my battery started smoking

hey well i pluged my 2 cell 11.1v lipo battery into my electryfly C-12 esc the battery started smoking i had only the battery pluged into the esc the motor and the recivor were not pluged in. is my battery still good. thanks i hope it is still good.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:53 PM
salnsp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help my battery started smoking

If it was smoking, I doubt if it is still good. Most likely you have plugged the battery into the speed control with reverse polarity. This would result in a destroyed speed control also. So, first check to see if your ESC is any good. The next is to examine the abttery, if it is puffeed, its pretty much NG. If the battery looks physically good, look to see where the smoke came from. If it's from the wiring, it may be salvagable. If the smoke was from the cells themselves, please dispose of the battery in a safe manner.