Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice
Reload this Page >

What do you have to do to make a brushless twin?

Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

What do you have to do to make a brushless twin?

Old 03-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Azzir325

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you have to do to make a brushless twin?

Does it take 2 esc's to run the motors? If so, how do you rig the throttle? My project is a GWS DC 3. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:18 PM
tmaucher

Default RE: What do you have to do to make a brushless twin?

I do believe that you would use a y connecter before the receiver. The other possibility is to use a computer radio and put the second speed control in a diff channel and then slave the throttle channel and the other channel to one another. The same way you can do dual aileron controlled by 2 servos. Hope that helps
I dont think it is feasible to use just one esc.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:49 PM
salnsp

Default RE: What do you have to do to make a brushless twin?

For brushless motors with VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS, you must use a speed control for each motor. You can Y chord the servo connectors to the throttle channel. You can also use a Y-chord and use one battery or a separate battery for each motor system. If you are using the ESC's BEC it is best to disable one of the BEC's on one of the speed controls, using only one.