Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Clancy Baby Bee Autogyro

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Clancy Baby Bee Autogyro

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:38 PM
imsofaman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clancy Baby Bee Autogyro

Hey guys. I have always liked autogyros. Lost one las year in a HUGE field last year, a Clancy Gyro Bee that I had built. I want another one and it is on order, may come in this week. In the mean time, I have been playing with an autogyro attachment that I scratchbuilt that fits on the Baby Bee. I had to make a new landing gear and added some small Trexler tiers. Looks really cool. Blades....I scratch built them. I used 3/4 wide aileron stock. I sanded the top down so it makes a Clark Y airfloil. Then I flipped it over and pinned it down. Added 1/16 thick X 3/4 wide balsa to the trailing edge. Once dried and you flip it over....you will see it is an undercambered airfoil. Worked out nice. 1 1/2 wide now.

Maiden flight was so awesome! Awesome untill the unthinkable happened. It was getting dark....I could not tell if it was going away...or coming towards me. I totally lost my orientation and dumped it!!!! You will see from the photos below...I hit hard!

By the way, I have rebuilt it. See the photos below. Looks awesome, cant wait to fly it again.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93518.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	259978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24545.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	259979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76202.jpg
Views:	16