Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Video of my 2-blade pusher, teetering head gyro

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Video of my 2-blade pusher, teetering head gyro

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Emilio Cabezas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of my 2-blade pusher, teetering head gyro

Hi,

A fellow clubmate has made a video of my .25 engined, 2-blade teetering head pusher autogyro (related with recently posted notes "Promising 2-blade pusher design" and later "Now flying successfully with a teetering head"). Unfortunately he was not used to shoot models in flight, so there is some camera shaking when using the zoom. Moreover, a kind of slight "electronic blurring" has happened when converting the original footage to computer format; I´m sorry. Perhaps I´ll try to get a better video in the future. Well, at least you can see how this model flies. Wind was almost dead calm when I flew for the camera, so I had to run a bit when I did the hand launching. No R.O.G.´s takeoffs have been attempted so far but I think they should not present great problems in a breeze. Here´s the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KWuNHOUYLs

Emilio
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90235.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	699380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37176.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	699381  
Old 06-07-2007, 11:49 AM
ottogiro58

Default RE: Video of my 2-blade pusher, teetering head gyro

Hi Emilio, Thank you so much for posting the video. Your gyro looks very stable in flight. Nice landing. Keep up the good work !!! Charlie Anderson
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Emilio,
Your Autogyro Looks good a very stable. Keep up the hard work. I have tryed to upload some video and have not been sucessful as yet.

Jim
Old 06-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Emilio Cabezas

Charlie, Jim,

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Yes, the gyro is indeed stable with the teetering head. Perhaps the next step will be construction of a slightly enlarged model, suitable for a .46 engine.

Emilio Cabezas

Old 06-09-2007, 08:25 AM
ottogiro58

Hi Emilio, While watching your video, I heard some full scale aircraft in the background. Are you located near the old Getafe Aerodrome, where Juan De La Cierva's first successful Autogiro was flown ??? Does it still exist ?? Thanx !! Charlie Anderson
Old 06-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Emilio Cabezas

Hi Charlie,

The full scale aircraft you heard were coming in and out Cuatro Vientos Airport (where the early Cierva autogyros also flew) which is located 3 miles East of our flying field. Getafe Aerodrome still exists, it is an Air Force Base nowadays (located some 8 miles Southeast of the RC flying field).

Emilio
Old 06-13-2007, 05:39 AM
AeroBalsa Mike

Hi guys,

Spain's first airplane flew at the Cuatro Vientos Airport, the Red Crab, designed and bulit by Juan de la Cierva and two of his friends. It was cobbled together from the wreckage of a biplane that was owned by a Frenchman living near the airport. The Frenchman be-friended Cierva and his friends and allowed them to use the Gnome rotary engine and landing wheels from his wrecked biplane. They carved the prop by hand from an alcohol-stained bar top from a local drinking establishment.[X(] They figured it was a good, seasoned piece of wood. The Red Crab was a pusher biplane, with room for a passenger. They flew it many times before it finally fell apart. Not bad for starting out with only sixty dollars in capital.