Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

new to autogyros help needed!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

new to autogyros help needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 PM
panzertank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to autogyros help needed!!!!

i am brand new to the auto gyro hobby and have a few questions. I have considured a autogyro as a model that will satisfy both my airplane and helicopter needs and also bring something else to the table. here are my questions:
1- can you buy a rtf, arf or, kit autogyro from a respectable website or are the all home bulit creations?
2-what is it like to fly an autogyro, how hard is it (i have extensive helicopter/airplane flying skills on simulator and a decent amount in real life.)
3- how much wind can they handle without getting out of control
4-how much does it cost to buy an auto gyro.
5- what special equipment/parts does an autogyto need that a heli/airplane doesen have( if there are any)
6- how are they powered (single engine powers a rotor and engine or two separate ones) and does the rotor have control ( collective, eccpm,ccpm,ect...)
7- can they hoverand if so how do they do it.
8- do they require a gyroscope?
9- what keeps them from spinning around the main axis (the main rotor) uncontrollably. I know that on a helicopter the tail rotor compensates for this what stops this on a auto?
10- do you need a special radio to control them?( i have a airtronics rd8000 8 channel with all the features of a computer radio will this work here is the address http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXCZC2**&P=7
11-what makes this a good hobby to get into?
12- what makes this a bad hobby to get into?
13- in your opinon what is the best auto gyro you have ever had, where did you get it, and what makes it the best?
this hobby looks really intersting and differnt than anything i have ever seen. If anyone has an answere to any or all of the questions it will be EXTREMELY apppreciated. if anyone has any questions about what i am looking for( what size engine, what size blades, what kind of model) feel free to ask me. Thank you!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 05:17 AM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new to autogyros help needed!!!!

panzertank,
First thing you need to do is read www.Autogyro.com and this forum several times and you will have more knowledge.

Jim
Old 10-29-2007, 03:24 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: new to autogyros help needed!!!!

7- can they hoverand if so how do they do it.
8- do they require a gyroscope?
9- what keeps them from spinning around the main axis (the main rotor) uncontrollably. I know that on a helicopter the tail rotor compensates for this what stops this on a auto?
7 no. Well, only in a stiff breeze.
8. no they dont drive the main rotors so there's no torque.
9. same as 8, the main rotor isn't powered so there is no torque so no need for torque compensation.