Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Gyro Stick first Gyro build

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Gyro Stick first Gyro build

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
cashrc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro Stick first Gyro build

Hi ya'll, my name is Cash Hargett. I just recently acquired a set of Gyro Stick (Schtick?) plans, and from what information I've found on this forum from a year a two ago, it seems that some people modded theirs to have rudder control. Is this advisable? Also, it seems the engine of choice was the old Norvel .074, which is no longer available. Should I stick with the TT .074, or go to an LA .10, which is just a touch heavier. I plan on using a Berg reciver and a nimh pack plus some modern mini servos to keep it light, so I should have a bit of weight to play with. I've been trolling the net and this forum for flight and setup tips, found the old Autogiro.com site, and read quite a few of the faqs, so I'll be going into this with my eyes wide open. Any suggestions or knowledge would be most appreciated..

Cash
Old 11-09-2007, 06:05 PM
billf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gyro Stick first Gyro build

Cash..
The Gyrostik is a fine first-time autogyro. I have built one and found it quite flyable, not needing rudder control.
Unless you are dead set on scratch building, you might check out www.flyingbalsa.com. They produce some excellent
gyro kits that are beautifully made---laser cut, etc. Their gyros do have rudder control and can be powered with either
glow or electric.

Good Luck!

Bill