Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

amazing gyro....

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

amazing gyro....

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Sobrinof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amazing gyro....

Please, have a look at this gyro....

72'' diameter
Supertigre 23 cc

amazing...

http://nasgul.blogspot.com/search/label/Autogiros
Old 03-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Emilio Cabezas

Default RE: amazing gyro....

Many thanks, Fernando, for posting this link. The model is impressive. I had the opportunity to see this big autogiro nearly a couple of years ago, when Vicente Casas took it to the III Cierva Prize, held at the Icaro RC Club, Madrid; the model was shown on static display only. I am glad to know that it is able to fly; a great achievement for which Vicente is to be congratulated.

By the way, what ever happened to your 4 stroke-engined Cierva C-30? Did you fly it in the end?

Emilio
Old 03-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Sobrinof

Hi Emilio, nice to heard about you...

Till now, that autogyro hasn't flow yet

Before trying to fly it, someone advice me to build a trainer one. I didn't found a good trainer so I designed one... this one...

http://www.miliamperios.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=54477

Unfortunately, I tested it some months ago and crashed... because the C of G was not correct. Nowadays it is repaired and ready to be flown again...

What I have done finally is to buy a Rotorshape, a small electric autogyro in order to learn properly and without spending so much money. I tryied it three weeks ago and crashes, but I am rebuilding it in order to fly it again...

As you can see.. till now my experience is not fine... but I promise to have successful soon... it is a question of time....

Best regards

FER
Old 03-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Emilio Cabezas

Hi Fernando, I think you are right. The Rotorshape is a good electric trainer. It is important for a trainer autogyro to have a rather long fuselage, that is, the tail surfaces being away from the rotor disc (like the Rotorshape). The trainer you designed might be a good autogyro once the proper adjustments have been made but apparently it hasn´t got a long fuselage.

Good luck,
Emilio
Old 04-24-2009, 12:23 PM
JCaste

Hola,

A superb model! [X(]
Can you post some numbers? Weight, rotorspan (2m?), fuselage length, etc. Outsanding work!